San Diego River Bass Fishing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego River Bass Fishing

Complete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 06-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #16
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Recently started kayak fishing mission bay for spoties. Premo do you know the good areas in sd bay?

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I like to fish around where the big anchoring points are by coronado just opposite shelter island. I've had good luck there with halibut and bass. There's some large concrete anchors stickign out of the water for ships to tie into. I've also had good luck around the coronado bridge, more so by the DT side. Not much between. Those are usually the two spots I go. I've never not caught around a dozen or saw mixed bass/halibut. I usually catch and release so that doesnt mean its all keep-able
fishing.jpg  
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Right on. Thanks for the tip. I usually go twice a week. Do you still have a kayak or small boat? I know you sold the one a few months back

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #19
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Denada. I sold my kayaks a few years back when i moved out of OB/sunset cliffs. I didn't have any way to transport them so didn't see the point in having them. I lived literally on the cliffs so I'd just drag them down the trail out front and hit the water. I sold the small boat for the stabbin' wagon. Currently I own a surf board, a boog board and a 10'6 SUP. I could probably fish off the SUP if I REALLY wanted to..

I wouldn't mind picking up a few more kayaks for tee Mr's and myself but my garage is pretty small and its wall to wall tools already. Plus the afore mentioned lol
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #20
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I used to get good results on the south side of the jetty, at the mouth to the harbor. They're in and around the rocks.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't have a kayak (yet), but I've had so-so luck casting from the shore in Mission Bay on Mariner's Point Park, and at the beach at Torrey Pines. Been meaning to try Shelter Island, too.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.