San Diego River Bass Fishing - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego River Bass Fishing

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Reply
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
kinggatman
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 21
San Diego River Bass Fishing

Howdy,

Just wanted to see if anyone living near San Diego has tried fishing the river for largemouth?? If you have, is there a good spot you are willing to share?

__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
kinggatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,598
I don't know of anyone off hand but you should post in the San Diego section.

link below
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
kinggatman
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 21
will do thanks
__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
kinggatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
ONOJP
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
I don't know of anyone off hand but you should post in the San Diego section.

link below
I thought this is the Sd section
ONOJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #5
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,598
the thread was moved here after that. Still no fisherman though.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
SDDAVE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,911
Stay out of the river under the I-805 bridge. May not be safe.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,557
From 805 west it's not all too safe...or clean. Better off ocean fishing for bass. I can rattle off a few decent spots in the bay if you're interested
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
kinggatman
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 21
Yea definetly interested, i always like trying new spots. Not safe as in what?
__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
kinggatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
SDDAVE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggatman View Post
Yea definetly interested, i always like trying new spots. Not safe as in what?
Crime.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,153
The only largemouth your gonna get around the SD river is a prostitute.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
ONOJP
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
the only largemouth your gonna get around the sd river is a prostitute.
lol!
ONOJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
kinggatman
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 21
Hahah
__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
kinggatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
Motorep
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggatman View Post
Howdy,

Just wanted to see if anyone living near San Diego has tried fishing the river for largemouth?? If you have, is there a good spot you are willing to share?
There are spots that are pretty decent but most are east of the 15. If you poach near Admiral Bakers Field its pretty good. They have more patience with the fisherman than the transients

If you check out the lake at the end of Mission Trails it's pretty decent too. If you use a kayak or float tube be sure to wash everything off really well when you get home. Also, wear waders if you're floating. There are some hard chemicals in that river!!!

Use Google Earth to scout any spots that you might want to check out. That's normally what I do when I'm fishing new water.

BTW, I grew up fishing the SD River valley from Santee to the sea when I was a kid in the '70's and '80's. It sure has changed for the worse
__________________
"I remember when country music was George Jones and Dolly Parton," "Now it's the cast of 'Glee' with cowboy hats." -Ron White and his mother at the 2012 ACMA show
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #14
sdmoose429
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Good Ole' Sandy Eggo, CA
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep
There are spots that are pretty decent but most are east of the 15. If you poach near Admiral Bakers Field its pretty good. They have more patience with the fisherman than the transients If you check out the lake at the end of Mission Trails it's pretty decent too. If you use a kayak or float tube be sure to wash everything off really well when you get home. Also, wear waders if you're floating. There are some hard chemicals in that river!!! Use Google Earth to scout any spots that you might want to check out. That's normally what I do when I'm fishing new water. BTW, I grew up fishing the SD River valley from Santee to the sea when I was a kid in the '70's and '80's. It sure has changed for the worse
You can say that again!! We used to fish right under the Friars Rd bridge and do well. Or any if the small ponds in Santee. You know, where the Home Depot is now....(
__________________
Happy Trails, Moose KF7ITJ
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their TOYS!"
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,153
now you just fish for immigrant labor and bolts that you'll never find (especially there)
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.