San Diego Area resource question - welding etc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area resource question - welding etc.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
k3g
2001 TJ Wrangler 

San Diego Area resource question - welding etc.

Hey there SD Jeepers! I'm currently deployed, and am building up a list and pile of boxes to do some serious work on my (still stock) TJ when I get back home in several months. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction to get the following done, as these are things I don't have the tooling or ability to do myself:

- Cut and outboard rear shocks
- Cut and realign my spring seats for a rear stretch
- Welding of a truss and whatnot for the TNT Custom's longarm I'll be installing, as well as other small jobs related to the build
- A shop that's good with axles. I can do any other job on a car, but diffs and axles are one thing that I just don't have the tooling or time to be able to work with.

Anywhoo, I'm normally based out of Miramar, and will be going ham sandwich on the Jeep when I get back, so any resources or shops you could point me to would be awesome!

k3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I do automotive repair, aftermarket install, welding and about everything in between PM me when your getting back and we can talk.

I try to keep my inbox empty but it fills up so fast with so few allowed messages.
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As another option, if you don't mind possibly waiting in line to have a true master do the work, PM mrblaine to see if he would be willing to do things.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
k3g
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I do automotive repair, aftermarket install, welding and about everything in between PM me when your getting back and we can talk.

I try to keep my inbox empty but it fills up so fast with so few allowed messages.
I will indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
As another option, if you don't mind possibly waiting in line to have a true master do the work, PM mrblaine to see if he would be willing to do things.
I'd be more willing to ask him if I were doing something that would need expertise on that level, but for a TNT custom's longarm kit and some outboarded shocks I think it might be a little above his usual...
k3g is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.