San Diego Area Post a Run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area Post a Run

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
mikegyver1

San Diego Area Post a Run

This site needs an Thread of Run Announcements for SD Wheelers. No BS

mikegyver1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
mikegyver1

Saturday the 12th. 9am Corral Canyon (Bronco Peak 3+ down 4 Up and Sidewinder 3 to 3+) Full size rigs won't fit on Bronco Peak trail.
Meet at Four Corners Staging area.
Map of area: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...rralmap2.shtml
Trails: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...orralmap.shtml

Mike: Black TJ 5.5 RK/ 37mt/r
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
StvDiego

A group of us spent the last two weekends at Corral Canyon which led us to the junkyard day tomorrow, a whole lot of 8.8's are going to find new homes.

Keep in touch tho, always looking for runs, tomorrow just doesn't work out...
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegyver1 View Post
Saturday the 12th. 9am Corral Canyon (Bronco Peak 3+ down 4 Up and Sidewinder 3 to 3+) Full size rigs won't fit on Bronco Peak trail.
Meet at Four Corners Staging area.
Map of area: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...rralmap2.shtml
Trails: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...orralmap.shtml

Mike: Black TJ 5.5 RK/ 37mt/r
Just a heads up (no BS I promise ) but both your links seem to be busted.
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
miguelitojeep97

you guys have said you go up there all the time, have any of you found a 40ft tow strap and D-ring on Bronco Peak? I would really like to get it back so I dont have to buy a new one. Thanks
1997 TJ 4.0 5 spd. rock track 4:1, 3.5 inch Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k, D44/30 locked with 4:88s, Vanco BIG BRAKES!!and more...
miguelitojeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
mikegyver1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Just a heads up (no BS I promise ) but both your links seem to be busted.
They worked a weekago?

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...orralmap.shtml
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...rralmap2.shtml

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
StvDiego

San Diego, JustRuns. Nuthin but runs

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/justruns/

None of the Jeep Forum San Diego Area Thread BS.
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
mikegyver1

Lead a Run then. Just thought it would be nice to invite other people on other sites as well as Justruns, Pirate4x4 and the other sites (whatever they might be) with out having to read through the past few weeks of chit chat to find a run to go on.
Unread 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
StvDiego

Pinyon Mt., Blair Valley overnight run, May 16-18, 2008

We're ready for another overnight trip. Next up is Little Blair Valley in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Blair Valley is off the S-2, a few miles south of the 78 or about 30 miles north of the I-8, easy to to get to from either direction. Easiest way to get there is through Julian, down the hill, turn right at Scissors Crossing at the S-2.

I will be at Blair Valley Friday afternoon and set up a site and plan to break camp late Sunday afternoon. I'll be putting a sign up at the entrance to Blair Valley with a glow-stick after dark for anyone coming late and I'll have a blue flashing light on the top of the RV for a locater.

This is remote, dry camping, no services are available, although there are "permanent" restrooms near-by. Access is relatively easy, larger RV's can get back in quite a ways. If you're bring an RV let me know and I'll set up closer to the road and find a spot with a level RV spot. Ground fires are not allowed so bring a metal, above-ground container if you want a campfire.

We will be close to Stagecoach campground (full hook-ups, pool and grocery store) and Aqua Caliente campground (full hook-ups, spa, store) if you want to bring an RV, you can also get a day pass for Aqua Caliente campground where there are showers and a hot springs spa.

Trails runs planned are Pinyon Mt (The Squeeze and Heart Attack hill), usually rated a 3. The "3" portion is actually a short run, maybe a mile or two, but it's a lot of fun. Some minor body damage is possible, especially to anything larger than a Wrangler, new JK's will scrape flares at the Squeeze. We will do lunch on the trail and then run down Fish Creek, up Diablo Dropoff, try to run up Sandstone Canyon if time permits.

If Vallecito Creek isn't too smelly we can play in the mud and visit the old stage stop and try to take a side-trip to the mud caves at Arroyo Seco Del Diablo and Arroyo Tapiado on Sunday. We may also try to get in a short night run down Mortero Wash and Pipkorn Slot on Saturday night.

It's gonna be fun, let me know if you can make the overnight or just the run.
blairevalleyto.jpg  
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
We're ready for another overnight trip. .......

I'll be there and I have the nifty new fire pit. I guess it needs a spark cover added.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here

Last edited by jbolty; 05-05-2008 at 10:18 AM..
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
We're ready for another overnight trip. Next up is Little Blair Valley in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Blair Valley is off the S-2, a few miles south of the 78 or about 30 miles north of the I-8, easy to to get to from either direction. Easiest way to get there is through Julian, down the hill, turn right at Scissors Crossing at the S-2.

I will be at Blair Valley Friday afternoon and set up a site and plan to break camp late Sunday afternoon. I'll be putting a sign up at the entrance to Blair Valley with a glow-stick after dark for anyone coming late and I'll have a blue flashing light on the top of the RV for a locater.

This is remote, dry camping, no services are available, although there are "permanent" restrooms near-by. Access is relatively easy, larger RV's can get back in quite a ways. If you're bring an RV let me know and I'll set up closer to the road and find a spot with a level RV spot. Ground fires are not allowed so bring a metal, above-ground container if you want a campfire.

We will be close to Stagecoach campground (full hook-ups, pool and grocery store) and Aqua Caliente campground (full hook-ups, spa, store) if you want to bring an RV, you can also get a day pass for Aqua Caliente campground where there are showers and a hot springs spa.

Trails runs planned are Pinyon Mt (The Squeeze and Heart Attack hill), usually rated a 3. The "3" portion is actually a short run, maybe a mile or two, but it's a lot of fun. Some minor body damage is possible, especially to anything larger than a Wrangler, new JK's will scrape flares at the Squeeze. We will do lunch on the trail and then run down Fish Creek, up Diablo Dropoff, try to run up Sandstone Canyon if time permits.

If Vallecito Creek isn't too smelly we can play in the mud and visit the old stage stop and try to take a side-trip to the mud caves at Arroyo Seco Del Diablo and Arroyo Tapiado on Sunday. We may also try to get in a short night run down Mortero Wash and Pipkorn Slot on Saturday night.

Me and my pop up tent trailer will be there you and i'll bring some flood lights so we can light up the camping area.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Copied from San Diego thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
......... Does everyone need to bring there own grille or can we just team up with some peeps no need to bring a ton of stuff if everyone can use the same thing same with firewood etc. Should we just get a list together and people can list what they are bringing in case things get redundant and just take up space. you know some one can bring a couple cases of water someone can bring hamburgers some one hot dogs etc... just an idea what do you guys say? ........

Yes. Last time we ended up with barely enough firewood and WAY too much food.

Probably too early to start a list until we have a head count.

How about if everyone sends a PM to me or steve if you are coming. We can coordinate the list and then post a gear and food list.

send when you will be there
how many people
what you have to bring or want to bring to share
do you extra room to carry other stuff for others, for example extra wood.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Can't make it, but good plan, very descriptive and well planned out, there should be no confusion with it, just bring what you want to eat and drink and sleep in, nice map to , have fun.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
mikegyver1

Pinyon Mtn Run

What time will you hitting the trail on Saturday Morning?
Mike
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #15
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegyver1 View Post
What time will you hitting the trail on Saturday Morning?
Mike
We don't have a specific time set up really. If there is a time that would work better for you I'm sure we can work it out. It'll probably be mid morning, nothing to early.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.