San Diego Area - Page 994 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #14896
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Tell me it's not that RUST colored thing in the parking lot.....
Maybe....

Unread 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #14897
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Any wrenching parties coming up? I just bought a Currie setup for the front of the Jeep and need to install it. Upper and lower control arms, track bar, and Currectlync steering system. I have the garage to do it but wouldn't mind meeting some other SD Jeepers.
Eventually. A lot of us have gotten into fairly major multi-weekend projects and even those are going slow since it has been so hot.

I think I'm about two weekends away from being back on the road then it's an axle swap and a clutch for Nate.

Last summer we wasted a lot of good daylight hours then when fall came we all still had projects to do. trying to keep the momentum going.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #14898
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone need a car? My friends are selling a VW Passat wagon for a good price. I think it's a 2000. PM me if interested and I'll get details.
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #14899
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

sooo, the JK is at the dealership. both diff's are leaking, the throw out bearing rattles and some other misc B.S.. they're not going to warranty the throw out or leaky diffs. its got under 30k miles on it. WTF?! thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
How can someone find out what the fine is for CVC 5201??

I got a PARKING ticket for improper display of license plate but listed it under the catch all "others" violation which is listed at $40.00. I put my plate in the front window (parked) because I changed my front bumper (that did not have a mount location) to let whom ever know that I had the plates.

I want to dispute the amount of this ticket because it should only be listed as a "fix-it ticket" or a lower fine amount.

I really hate those parking nazi's. They write tickets for whatever they can just to get a quota and make the government money. When one got a ticket a long time ago it was for a serious violation or meter violation. Now a days that has changed to make money for the government (city, county, state, whatever). Just drive down a road (or street) and look around, I bet you see at least one parking ticket or speeding ticket being issued.

thats sooo strange dude!! ive honestly never ran a front plate in the state of california on any of my vehicles...and there's been a lot! LOL
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #14900
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
sooo, the JK is at the dealership. both diff's are leaking, the throw out bearing rattles and some other misc B.S.. they're not going to warranty the throw out or leaky diffs. its got under 30k miles on it. WTF?! thoughts?

thats sooo strange dude!! ive honestly never ran a front plate in the state of california on any of my vehicles...and there's been a lot! LOL

Call your senator, they'll straighten out.

OR

Seach for a service bulletin on the bearing. I seem to recall reading that those were a known problem and there might be an authorized fix for it.
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #14901
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

nope....nothing. already looked
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #14902
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What year is it? What dealership? Call the service director and ask for HIS supervisor's number...Not the GM, the REGIONAL service manager.
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #14903
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
What year is it? What dealership? Call the service director and ask for HIS supervisor's number...Not the GM, the REGIONAL service manager.
Good advice. I was able to get chevy service well past warranty for supposed "lifetime" bearings that gave out at 80000 miles.
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #14904
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

its an 07 JK wrangler...bought it at midway jeep.

regional service manager, as in socal?
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #14905
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Did they give you any reason why they weren't going to warranty your Jeep? They don't like white people or something?
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #14906
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJGuy View Post
That would be tons of fun! I'm not sure how Moab-ready my Heep is, so maybe I could bum a seat in someone else's rig... I doubt I'll have the 8.8 bought, shaved, new brackes welded on, regeared, locked, installed, and the front re-geared by that time.
I have a whole list of stuff I need to do to it, so I might pull an Idaho-Jeep type build and garage it for 6 months to build it up I'll buy an XJ to get me around in the meantime
Most of the stuff in Moab can be done in a fairly stock Jeep with some lift and taller tires. There's almost always a bypass or you could be winched up.

The Colorado stuff is far harder. Makes Pritchett Canyon (considered one of the hardest, more traveled trails, in Moab) look/seem real easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Would love to go Joe, but October

Mom's 75th so will be out of town for that, committed to ODF weekend and on and on

Marked my calendar for October '10 if the trip happens next year
Yep, I'll be going again next year. Probably 2-3 times. April or May, and again around October.

If others wanna go to Moab & Colorado for ~9 days, feel free to let me know.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #14907
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Did they give you any reason why they weren't going to warranty your Jeep? They don't like white people or something?

i dont know dude... I'm going to head over there today to pick up. She said something about a diagnostic fee or some B.S....i dunno. it has a bloody life time drive train warranty! F**K! i might bring it to another dealership to see what they say. it had under 30k too
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #14908
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
i dont know dude... I'm going to head over there today to pick up. She said something about a diagnostic fee or some B.S....i dunno. it has a bloody life time drive train warranty! F**K! i might bring it to another dealership to see what they say. it had under 30k too
They need to give you some sort of reason for not doing the work. If they claim that they won't do it because the vehicle is modified that is horse **** too. Under the Magnuson-Act they have to provide you with the warranty work regardless of the mods done. This is due to the fact that the dealer will sell lifted and modified vehicles as new. Since they can take a new, factory original Jeep and take it to ORW and get a lift and 35's put on and warranty that, they have to do the same with yours. If they don't, threaten to complain to the FTC (Federal Trade Commision) that they aren't willing to do the work. The only way for the dealer to not have to do the work is if they can prove 100% that the lift was faulty and caused something to break.

Once you drop the Magnuson-Moss Act and threaten to complain they'll bend. They think that most consumers are unaware of this stuff and try to take advantage.
Unread 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #14909
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jason (premo)

Get them to explain in writing why the H*** they are denying your claim. I suspect they will say that you drove it off road and that voids the warranty.

Good Luck,
Moose
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #14910
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm on the phone with Chrysler customer service now....she's pretty sure the stuff is still covered under the 3yr/36000 and life time drive train B.S.

I WILL get it fixed. i'm not paying what im paying to work on this heap...unless its aftermarket stuff or trail damage! lol

and thx man, i was trying to remember what that act was.

update

i'm on hold. Chrysler is calling midway trying to figure out why the f*** they wont cover my warranty. I'm kinda irritated at this point..need a crown and coke! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.