San Diego Area - Page 990 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #14836
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Wow - sorry to hear that Rik - it makes me mad to hear that the owner of the dogs isn't taking responsibility - that blows my mind. You should send the pictures to the local newspaper with your story and get them to publish it...maybe they will think twice and man up instead of you having to deal with court and wait for compensation. I would also think that animal control should be thinking about putting those dogs down - I hate saying that...because the dogs were following their nature and it's the owner's fault - but if you have an owner like that the dogs should at the very least be taken away from them permanently and they should not be allowed to own animals.
My friend just talked to his lawyer. The lawyer wants to take the case and go after her homeowner's insurance if possible.

Either way, she's gunna' pay.

I'm not sure if my Jeep is Rubicon capable. Only a 2.5 inch lift on 31's.

BTW: I have an SYE sitting on the shelf for my t-case. Should I install it when I get my t-case on the ground? I will need a new drive shaft won't I?

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #14837
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
My friend just talked to his lawyer. The lawyer wants to take the case and go after her homeowner's insurance if possible.

Either way, she's gunna' pay.

I'm not sure if my Jeep is Rubicon capable. Only a 2.5 inch lift on 31's.

BTW: I have an SYE sitting on the shelf for my t-case. Should I install it when I get my t-case on the ground? I will need a new drive shaft won't I?
and the 8.8 at the same time
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #14838
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
and the 8.8 at the same time
Yeah, then re-gear the D-30, etc...
So I'll just hold off on the SYE for now.

Still can't get those top two bolts loose. Maybe cut a hole in the floorboards for an access panel?

Frustrating.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #14839
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

how can someone not take responsibility for their animals like that? so dumb. i hope it goes smooth in court.
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #14840
TJ BUD
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Hey months ago we talked about doing the Rubicon in late August...is there any interest in doing that still? Jason, maybe you will have a new rig by then... I'd like to do it...
Big Bear in August. Rubicon in Sept.
need to replace my steering shaft first.
TJ BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #14841
kfletch
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys I have the brand new bracket kit for an 8.8. It has the spring pirches and the u-bolts to install the 8.8 into a cherokee. I dunno what else it works on. But i need to get rid of it $100 if anybody knows someone that needs it.
kfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #14842
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to all..

My Father was a member of FOP (retired LT.) and will be getting a nice funeral service.

His smoking gave him lung cancer, so he is no longer in pain.
I know that he will be watching over his family.
Unread 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #14843
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ BUD View Post
Big Bear in August. Rubicon in Sept.
need to replace my steering shaft first.
Did John Bull yesterday and want to go back in 2-3 weeks. Wanting to do the Rubicon in September as well. Keep everyone posted since I'm sure there are a few more who may want to go
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #14844
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Today is a sad day for me.

My father passed away today (@12:32 pm)

I will miss him.
My deepest condolences, Jimmy.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #14845
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in the planning stages for a trip to Colorado (Grand Junction and possibly Montrose area) and Moab.

I'm thinking sometime in October for ~9 days. Leave on either a Thursday or Friday, then return two weekends later.

One of my best wheelin' buddies lives in Grand Junction and has an open door for me to come there with my friends any time I can. There's plenty room there for rigs & plenty room for guests. I usually wheel there over the weekend on Saturday & Sunday, then head to Moab afterwards.

Trails on the list in Colorado would be: 21 Road and Billings Canyon for certain, and possibly some trails in Montrose. Maybe Calamity, Scratch & Dent and/or a few others. Montrose is ~1 hour drive from GJ.

In Moab, I almost always stay at Canyonlands Campground. It has everything from tent sites to pull thru full hook-up RV sites, pool, party gazeebo, store, laundry, showers, gas station, etc etc. Plus it's only ~150 yards from City Market.

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/

I have been to Moab several times, and I'm willing to show folks around if you are interested.

We can caravan from San Diego. If your rig isn't up to doing some of the trails, you can usually easily find a seat or hop in my POS or a friends POJ. The last ~6 years I have been doing this same trip & it's always fantastic! I have also had friends tag along for the ride & they didn't bring their Jeeps - so that's an option as well.

I'll be towing my Jeep with my truck & camper with a carhauler for my YJ.

If anybody wants to tag along - let me know so we can talk about it.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #14846
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
I'm in the planning stages for a trip to Colorado (Grand Junction and possibly Montrose area) and Moab.

I'm thinking sometime in October for ~9 days. Leave on either a Thursday or Friday, then return two weekends later.

One of my best wheelin' buddies lives in Grand Junction and has an open door for me to come there with my friends any time I can. There's plenty room there for rigs & plenty room for guests. I usually wheel there over the weekend on Saturday & Sunday, then head to Moab afterwards.

Trails on the list in Colorado would be: 21 Road and Billings Canyon for certain, and possibly some trails in Montrose. Maybe Calamity, Scratch & Dent and/or a few others. Montrose is ~1 hour drive from GJ.

In Moab, I almost always stay at Canyonlands Campground. It has everything from tent sites to pull thru full hook-up RV sites, pool, party gazeebo, store, laundry, showers, gas station, etc etc. Plus it's only ~150 yards from City Market.

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/

I have been to Moab several times, and I'm willing to show folks around if you are interested.

We can caravan from San Diego. If your rig isn't up to doing some of the trails, you can usually easily find a seat or hop in my POS or a friends POJ. The last ~6 years I have been doing this same trip & it's always fantastic! I have also had friends tag along for the ride & they didn't bring their Jeeps - so that's an option as well.

I'll be towing my Jeep with my truck & camper with a carhauler for my YJ.

If anybody wants to tag along - let me know so we can talk about it.
That would be tons of fun! I'm not sure how Moab-ready my Heep is, so maybe I could bum a seat in someone else's rig... I doubt I'll have the 8.8 bought, shaved, new brackes welded on, regeared, locked, installed, and the front re-geared by that time.
I have a whole list of stuff I need to do to it, so I might pull an Idaho-Jeep type build and garage it for 6 months to build it up I'll buy an XJ to get me around in the meantime
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #14847
StvDiego

Would love to go Joe, but October

Mom's 75th so will be out of town for that, committed to ODF weekend and on and on

Marked my calendar for October '10 if the trip happens next year
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #14848
Husky-71
2009 JK Wrangler 

I might head back out to Moab in Oct, but it will probably be on the dirt bikes. I want to ride 5 Miles of Hell again on the trials bike.

Did ride Golden Spike and Poison Spider and saw some jeeps on the trail. Got some video of a jeep coming down a step. There was a group of several rental Rubicons, doing the trail - said they weren't allowed to cross the Golden Crack though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkOxcYFjn6Y

Saw a couple jeeps out at Trashhaven (Lawrence Welk area) Saturday while riding the trials bike and got some video of them crawling over a couple big rocks - pretty impressive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-1ijs8voY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd5TiVcQlSI

BTW, I have some brand new winch cable and the fairlead off my Warn Powerplant that I need to sell. Replaced them with synthetic rope. Any idea what a reasonable asking price might be?

Also, still need to move the stock '09 JK front bumper.
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #14849
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Monday's are painful.
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #14850
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Monday's are painful.
How so? I look at it as one day closer to friday.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.