San Diego Area - Page 989 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #14821
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
My List:
  1. Fuel Tank
  2. Center Console
  3. KC Lites
  4. BBQ and Beer
Not necessarily in that order

and fix the sig

The Jeepless Jeebs

He must have typed part of it with invisible letters, 'cuz I didn't see the BBQ and Beer listed.

Well my Jeep is still up on jack stands. I went and bought a variety of sockets to get at those pesky torx bolts on the top of the bell housing. I got some swivel head metric impact sockets, some impact torx sockets, including the E12 I need, and some deep well metric impact sockets.
Got a couple different sized breaker bars, a 3/8" drive and a 1/2" drive torque wrenches. Shopping spree!!
Now I gotta' go out and crawl back under the Jeep and get 'er done.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #14822
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Yeah I still want it. It got too late when I was down in your area yesterday.
You're bumming us out by selling your CJ. We were all watching the progress hoping to see a rockin' Jeep soon. I understand the 'money pit' 'lost interest' thing tho'.
I'll be back down in that area next week, not sure which day yet tho'.
I finally did my side filler last week and for the sake of space I used the YJ part, from behind the plate.

and still inching toward somthing here.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #14823
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today is a sad day for me.

My father passed away today (@12:32 pm)

I will miss him.
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #14824
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post

I will miss him.
Sorry to hear that.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #14825
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Sorry to hear that Jimmy....

On other news. since the jeep is dead and will be parted, I thought i would let you know that it has a brand new maybe 2 month old sitting catalytic. Its a high flow magnaflow cat that meets the new after market standards. Cost me about 300 for it since the new emission laws passed and i have a brand new 40 series magna flow. I had redid the exhaust on it two months ago when i came back for smog testing. anyone wants those?
Unread 07-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #14826
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rik - was that you that I passed yesterday down by Balboa Ave...we waved at each other?

Jimmy - sorry about your Dad.

Moose - how is your back feeling? We still good for Sunday's LW run?
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #14827
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

sorry to hear about your dad Jimmy.

No, I was down there in that area, but unless you spotted me in the Avalon I was driving, it wasn't me.

Wish I could get my clutch finished so I could do the LW run, but I've had so much going on lately, it is still on the stands.

We had some Rotweilers get loose from a neighbor's yard about a mile from here. They wandered over to our property and dug under the fence for the goat pen. They killed one baby goat, broke the hips of another baby, the mom was trying to protect them and was badly chewed up, the alpha male got into the mix with them and they broke his hind leg and ripped one of his ears off, tore the other and chewed him up pretty badly. We had to put the baby and mom down, and may have to put the stud male down too.
Sad thing is, they aren't my goats. They belonged to a neighbor friend that lost his home and hadn't had time to build a pen for them on his new property. So we were keeping them here. My kids were very attached to the baby's and played with them all the time.
The owners of the dogs said they were not going to pay any vet bills for the male, or the replacement price for the goats her dogs killed.
Fortunately, we took a lot of pics of the dogs in the pen with the injured goats, and animal control came out to take the dead animals and take a report. Small claims court here we come.
Wonder if the roles were reversed and we said we weren't going to pay for her dog's vet bills when our goats broke into her yard and damaged them, if she would have the same attitude.

Too hot to work on the Jeep right now.... maybe later this evening.
RJC#512
Unread 07-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #14828
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
We had some Rotweilers get loose from a neighbor's yard about a mile from here. They wandered over to our property and dug under the fence for the goat pen. They killed one baby goat, broke the hips of another baby, the mom was trying to protect them and was badly chewed up, the alpha male got into the mix with them and they broke his hind leg and ripped one of his ears off, tore the other and chewed him up pretty badly. We had to put the baby and mom down, and may have to put the stud male down too.
Sad thing is, they aren't my goats. They belonged to a neighbor friend that lost his home and hadn't had time to build a pen for them on his new property. So we were keeping them here. My kids were very attached to the baby's and played with them all the time.
The owners of the dogs said they were not going to pay any vet bills for the male, or the replacement price for the goats her dogs killed.
Fortunately, we took a lot of pics of the dogs in the pen with the injured goats, and animal control came out to take the dead animals and take a report. Small claims court here we come.
Wonder if the roles were reversed and we said we weren't going to pay for her dog's vet bills when our goats broke into her yard and damaged them, if she would have the same attitude.
This kind of crap really aggravates me. What the hell kind of excuse can they come up with to try and get out of being liable? We should be allowed to shoot stupid people on site.
Unread 07-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #14829
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post

I will miss him.
Really sorry to hear that.
Unread 07-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #14830
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Rik - was that you that I passed yesterday down by Balboa Ave...we waved at each other?

Jimmy - sorry about your Dad.

Moose - how is your back feeling? We still good for Sunday's LW run?
Jimmy, Very sorry about your Dad. You must be pretty lost. Let us know what you need.

Rik - Since its gonna be HELLA HOT tomorrow, why not drive down to LW and ride with Scott???

Scott - HELL YES I'm going tomorrow...!!!!
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #14831
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
This kind of crap really aggravates me. What the hell kind of excuse can they come up with to try and get out of being liable? We should be allowed to shoot stupid people on site.

When I woke up at 2:30am, I heard a commotion coming from the goat pen. I thought it might be coyotes, but I knew they wouldn't be able to get into the pen. So I grabbed my .357 and mag light, jumped into the golf cart, and raced down there. I saw the two dogs chewing on the momma goat, and was about to cap them, and Betsy said "Don't, they're dogs!" I shoulda' just capped them and buried them with the tractor in the corner of the horse pasture. Believe me, if they get out again, they will come straight here because they know the goats are here. I will DEFINATELY discharge a firearm in their direction.
The dog owner is an ex LAPD officer. She tried flippin' me crap, and I informed her I'm an ex Sherrif, so can it.
We'll just see her in court. The evidence is stacked against her and her dogs. Those goats were pets. I can prove that, which gives them more sentimental and monitary value. I've taken tons of pictures of my kids holding them and playing with them. Especially the babies that were killed. It's gunna' cost her a lot more, and on top of that, she will have a judgement on her credit. 150 point immediate dig on the score.
I just checked on the male. I'm pretty sure he's hurting badly and will need to be put down. Hope not.
RJC#512
Unread 07-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #14832
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post

Rik - Since its gonna be HELLA HOT tomorrow, why not drive down to LW and ride with Scott???
Can't. I have two kids and probably Betsy that would want to go. I'm gunna' go out and beat up on my Jeep again when the sun drops behind the hill. I've gotta' get my portable garage air conditioner fixed. Need's freon.
RJC#512
Unread 07-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #14833
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow - sorry to hear that Rik - it makes me mad to hear that the owner of the dogs isn't taking responsibility - that blows my mind. You should send the pictures to the local newspaper with your story and get them to publish it...maybe they will think twice and man up instead of you having to deal with court and wait for compensation. I would also think that animal control should be thinking about putting those dogs down - I hate saying that...because the dogs were following their nature and it's the owner's fault - but if you have an owner like that the dogs should at the very least be taken away from them permanently and they should not be allowed to own animals.

Wheelers for the Wounded
Unread 07-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #14834
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Trailer...JustRuns guy is selling it. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rvs/1286832647.html

Wheelers for the Wounded
Unread 07-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #14835
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey months ago we talked about doing the Rubicon in late August...is there any interest in doing that still? Jason, maybe you will have a new rig by then... I'd like to do it...

Wheelers for the Wounded

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.