San Diego Area - Page 986 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #14776
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I had three birthday parties to attend over the weekend. We took the kids to the beach at Oceanside yesterday. It was Erika's 11th birthday, and that's what she wanted to do.
So no camping for us. Maybe Big Bear next weekend I hope.
The fenders are looking good Jeff. Keep the pics coming.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #14777
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

jesus christ, left sierra county at noon, got home at 5am...back at work at 10am. FML lol
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #14778
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My CJ7 is for sale in its current form. Asking $3,500 as is. Hoping I can sell it to someone as a whole since it is the collecters edition. If not its gonna turn to parts!
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #14779
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
My CJ7 is for sale in its current form. Asking $3,500 as is. Hoping I can sell it to someone as a whole since it is the collecters edition. If not its gonna turn to parts!
Please shoot me pics. I have a friend who wants a CJ. Is it running? Anything wrong with it? Thanks!

Kevin
motorep146@gmail.com
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #14780
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Say it ain't so! You have done so much to it already.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #14781
kfletch
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Kyle hfjdsdjdjfk
kfletch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #14782
kfletch
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Hey everyone im selling my 1987 jeep cherokee. It has a straight six and and automatic transmission. I have done alot of work it has trimmed fenders and 33's. It has the back half of the rollcage done. It has no headliner or carpet. I have a 8.8 rear end with limited slip and 4.10 gears. I also have a dana 30 with 4.10 gears. Both need brakes. Asking 2600 call for pics. 858 337 7116 help me sell
kfletch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #14783
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Who else from San Diego is going to run up to Big Bear this weekend?
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #14784
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What happened, Jason? You run out of steam on this project? I thought you had done the hard stuff already... Everything ok? Are you going to get another Jeep? A TJ finally? If one of us buys it we are just going to have you come over and help us put it back together...and then you will do all the work and not have the Jeep! hehe Maybe Steve can just lend you some money...

Why is it so quiet in here lately? Summer...people busy...too hot for many runs...bad economy...you all decided you don't like each other...all of the above?
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded

Last edited by Poobah; 07-21-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #14785
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have been out of town, busy and it's too damn hot. Big Bear would be nice but I have to find a free weekend to do it. Plus, my exhust and fenders are laying on the ground.

Otherwise, life is good.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #14786
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Please shoot me pics. I have a friend who wants a CJ. Is it running? Anything wrong with it? Thanks!

Kevin
motorep146@gmail.com
Here is a current pic of it. I suppose if you tied a rope to it and pulled you could get it going down a trail. It is very much a project Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
What happened, Jason? You run out of steam on this project? I thought you had done the hard stuff already... Everything ok? Are you going to get another Jeep? A TJ finally? If one of us buys it we are just going to have you come over and help us put it back together...and then you will do all the work and not have the Jeep! hehe Maybe Steve can just lend you some money...

Why is it so quiet in here lately? Summer...people busy...too hot for many runs...bad economy...you all decided you don't like each other...all of the above?
I wouldn't say it is any one thing that is deciding this whole CJ thing. It is part losing interest in such a massive project. Also, like everything money is a concern. It isn't going to be cheap to get this back on the road. It is just to overwhelming for me. If I would have seen the frame damage when looking at it I wouldn't have bought it.

I doubt it'll sell for $3,500 as is but I want to try. You never know. I'd rather see this ultra rare Jeep stay together than go to the part out list. Plus it would be way easier on me to have someone come pick everything up.

Gonna buy another Jeep. I've already started scouring craigslist. It probably won't be a TJ.

I've been busy the last 2 weeks because my brother is jobless and now living here.... To hot to even think about a run. Whats up with this heat anyway? My electric bill is gonna be through the roof next month! The economy hasn't affected me yet (aside from my live in family member). I'm pretty cool with everyone here so it cannot be all of the above.
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #14787
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hehe Well I am glad to hear you aren't getting out of Jeeps... You should put your brother on the project and have him do the work in exchange for living there!
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #14788
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
hehe Well I am glad to hear you aren't getting out of Jeeps... You should put your brother on the project and have him do the work in exchange for living there!
THAT, is a good idea.
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #14789
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfletch View Post
Hey everyone im selling my 1987 jeep cherokee. It has a straight six and and automatic transmission. I have done alot of work it has trimmed fenders and 33's. It has the back half of the rollcage done. It has no headliner or carpet. I have a 8.8 rear end with limited slip and 4.10 gears. I also have a dana 30 with 4.10 gears. Both need brakes. Asking 2600 call for pics. 858 337 7116 help me sell
I'm not sure, from your description. Are the axles installed? Or extra parts?
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #14790
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I'm not sure, from your description. Are the axles installed? Or extra parts?
I wanna say this is the guy I sold my 8.8 and HPD30 to!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.