San Diego Area - Page 895 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #13411
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff, do you need to borrow a trailer?

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #13412
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
lol What's that all about?!
I do network engineering for Sprint. I could tell ya everywhere we have coverage and where we don't. I have no idea with Verizon though...

I used to have downtown San Diego, probably 5 square miles or so. Since the layoffs and reassigning clusters I landed a cluster that I live in and is geographically huge. So far I'm loving it. I'm working on coverage for Blair Valley and that part of the S2.

This is my new cluster:

Last edited by Jeebs; 04-22-2009 at 01:55 AM..
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #13413
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Jeff, do you need to borrow a trailer?
Thanks.

The guy I got it from has a tow dolly I can use, so I should be fine. I'll need help pushing it up into the driveway though. One more thing for saturday.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #13414
besthaticouldo
1994 ZJ 

i need to replace the ball joints on my ZJ.

is it worth the extra dough to get the spicer professional grade over the spicer service grade?

Greatest Thing You've Ever Seen
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #13415
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
i need to replace the ball joints on my ZJ.

is it worth the extra dough to get the spicer professional grade over the spicer service grade?
Bigger and stronger is generally better. BUT, the OEM version lasted about 15 years and sometimes the "high performance" version of parts does not fit the same.

What is the $$ difference?
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #13416
besthaticouldo
1994 ZJ 

the service grade are 14 dollars each and the professional are 35 dollars each. so a total of 84 bux.

Unread 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #13417
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have ATT and I get cell service in Ocotillo and the S2 and S22 areas. Not back in the canyons of AB but all around that area. Any hilltop get's me reception in AB. I just don't have coverage in the Warner Springs or Lake Henshaw area. Julian yes, and all the way down the hill. Don't know if it's because I have an Iphone and they receive better or not.

Jeff, I didn't even order the BL kit yet. I've been pretty busy and no time to work on the Jeep to get the PB blaster on the boltys . I have some other misc. issues I can work on like checking all my vac lines and installing that valve you got me.
The flares are my biggest project for now.

Nice to see you bought another money pit, er... I mean project. That is a classic style for trucks.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #13418
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So autozone said they dont do CEL readings anymore, anyone else know where I can go to get it read and cleared for free?
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #13419
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

what? since when? usually u just go up to the parts counter, give them your liscense and they give you the code reader and your free to go outside with it and check and clear your codes yourself
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #13420
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i asked and the guy went off on a little speech "the state of california no longer allows us to....blah blah"
im going to go try kragen.
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #13421
besthaticouldo
1994 ZJ 

thats kinda lame....what a PITA.

Unread 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #13422
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

No one does free readings anymore, at least none of the parts stores. They are happy to sell you a scanner though.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #13423
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This 3 fights a day limit sucks. It only provides me with 1 minute and 15 seconds of entertainment.

http://jeebbus.mybrute.com
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #13424
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think you get more fights, if you move up a level. I did yesterday after mopping the floor with porkyboy. (who later beat me again grrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Last edited by jbolty; 04-22-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #13425
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
LOL i posted that and RAN out the office door for home!! my god was it nice yesterday man, i sure hope you hit up the beach!

shhhhh
neah, was too busy working on the hot tub and surrounding area. the new pump and motor arrives tomorow, so I just built a whole new railing around it, some tile covered corner shelves, and I tiled the whole area surrounding it.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.