San Diego Area - Page 893 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #13381
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post

dude...how much??? lol
damn that was fast, I JUST saw your Jeep turn onto Del Monte like 2 minutes ago.

Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #13382
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
I've been thru my vac lines, matter of fact I recently replaced a few cracked elbows on the vac system. could the charcoal canister be bad maybe?
lots of possible issues.

canister could be bad. line from there to the tank might be leaking. not sure if your year has a rollover valve.

manifold gasket. gas cap. filler tube. sender gasket in the tank.

also, the egr could be leaking.

wild guess would be a vacuum leak after the throttle body; if it was before the computer wold try to compnsate for it. OR, the O2 sensor or wiring could be bad.

are you getting any codes?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #13383
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Quote:
damn that was fast, I JUST saw your Jeep turn onto Del Monte like 2 minutes ago.
he's posting from his phone while driving again, lol
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 01:10 AM   #13384
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

no, no codes throwing. my fuel cell does have a roll over valve and I have a line routed from that to the vac canister just like the original vent line. it did pass last year and then i had the roll over vent line routed to the air intake, but that was before they started this evap test garbage so i re-routed it to the vac can instead. think tomorow I'll give it a basic tune up and give it a once over and try again
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #13385
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
maybe they left the vent hose disconnected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Since it was the front diff I wonder what was causing the lack of power. Think gear oil got where it wasn't supposed to belong?
They got under there late yesterday afternoon and called me to tell me that it was their fault - they overfilled the diff and when it heated up and expanded it blew a plug out (not sure how I missed that but I was focused up underneath where all the fluid landed I guess). They hadn't had time yet to investigate the O2 sensors, and I don't know exactly where they are located, but I would guess that the fluid splashed up there on one of them...they'll let me know today I'm sure.
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #13386
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
no, no codes throwing. my fuel cell does have a roll over valve and I have a line routed from that to the vac canister just like the original vent line. it did pass last year and then i had the roll over vent line routed to the air intake, but that was before they started this evap test garbage so i re-routed it to the vac can instead. think tomorow I'll give it a basic tune up and give it a once over and try again
Is it failing the pressure test as well? Don't reroute the lines just to pass that. That can screw things up. Mine wouldn't pass the pressure test before I sold it so I pulled the tank and resealed every line going to the tank. I used that Permatex spray on sealer. It kinda looks like snot when you apply it. Worked like a charm.
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #13387
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
They got under there late yesterday afternoon and called me to tell me that it was their fault - they overfilled the diff and when it heated up and expanded it blew a plug out (not sure how I missed that but I was focused up underneath where all the fluid landed I guess). They hadn't had time yet to investigate the O2 sensors, and I don't know exactly where they are located, but I would guess that the fluid splashed up there on one of them...they'll let me know today I'm sure.
Are they going to replace the gears as well? I've heard that if gears overheat they can very well be screwed for life and never work right. Again, thats second hand knowledge but something worth checking into.
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #13388
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Are they going to replace the gears as well? I've heard that if gears overheat they can very well be screwed for life and never work right. Again, thats second hand knowledge but something worth checking into.
I was brooding over this as well...I guess it would depend how much fluid was left in there. I'll definitely be talking to them about it today.

Wheelers for the Wounded
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #13389
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
I was brooding over this as well...I guess it would depend how much fluid was left in there. I'll definitely be talking to them about it today.
probably not a big deal if the overflow just burped out the vent.
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #13390
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
LOL i posted that and RAN out the office door for home!! my god was it nice yesterday man, i sure hope you hit up the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouLouWJ View Post
he's posting from his phone while driving again, lol
shhhhh
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #13391
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

A couple of pictures from the Coronado car show on Sunday that you guys might like:

Wheelers for the Wounded
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #13392
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I bet the trailer hitch on that first one weighs as much as the rest of the Jeep.
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #13393
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Who is it that does free CEL scanning? Check engine light popped up today. I dont think the jeep liked the last two days of heat.

I havent been on here in awhile, is the repair party still going? Any other events coming up?
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #13394
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

May the lord have mercy on my soul.

I bought this tonight. Might need a hand getting it home this weekend.

$750
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #13395
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

750? wow, is it rusted to hell?
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.