San Diego Area - Page 892 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #13366
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
So did you get your tunes installed Rik?
No. I got distracted by cleaning the garage.
My kids have been bugging me to get their dune buggy un-buried so they can drive it around. I had all the riding gear bags stacked on it, and it was buried way back behind the Jeep parts pile, the quads, and a bunch of other stuff.

They are happy now, but I don't have any tunes. I may have my priorities all wrong. It should be the Jeep first, me second, the kids somewhere down the list.

I did mount my sound bar, but I need to run the wire harness down the roll bar under the padding. Sound's like a PIA but do-able.

Have you been doing any modding lately?

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 02:23 AM   #13367
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Plan B.

This coming saturday there will be a wrencing party at my house. The main reason is to install the body lift and TJ flares for RikRotorhead and hopefully at the same time work on my tube fenders.

All are welcome, whether standing around commenting or helping.

I know there is some wheeling going on this same day but this is the only weekend day I have available for the next few weeks and I want to get this stuff done. Maybe if we hop to it early we can get in a trip to CC or LW later in the day.

Details to follow.

Sweet. I will be there to help/get in the way.
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #13368
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
No. I got distracted by cleaning the garage.
My kids have been bugging me to get their dune buggy un-buried so they can drive it around. I had all the riding gear bags stacked on it, and it was buried way back behind the Jeep parts pile, the quads, and a bunch of other stuff.

They are happy now, but I don't have any tunes. I may have my priorities all wrong. It should be the Jeep first, me second, the kids somewhere down the list.

I did mount my sound bar, but I need to run the wire harness down the roll bar under the padding. Sound's like a PIA but do-able.

Have you been doing any modding lately?

That sounds like a fun weekend.

I've been working on my sound "system" for the past couple weeks. Gonna hook it all up this coming weekend. When I'm done, I'll probably lower my Jeep and roll down the street bumpin' 2Pac.

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showpost....postcount=6025

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showpost....postcount=6200
Unread 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #13369
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was just cleaning my garage. Just got finished. Wasn't that bad. Only took a few hours. I tweaked on the Jeep a bit too.

Anyway, I cam across this neon sign that was facing the wall in the corner.
It works but my sister robbed the transformer out of it. It's pretty big and very colorful. Great for a game room or garage.

Anybody need a neon sign that say's "California Dreamin'"?

No takers? I'm tossing it into the dumpster tomorrow. Seems a shame but I have no use for it.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #13370
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like my leak may actually be from my front diff - and blowing up and coating everything...that is why I couldn't find the source of the leak up there... One of the guys at ORW took one look and said it seemed like gear oil...and it makes sense because they just re-geared and had that all apart...and they put on my new ARB diff covers....so that is actually a good thing because it means they will have to take care of it and it isn't some new broken thing causing extra expense! I'll update you guys in a couple of days when I get it back - thanks for the help trying to figure it out!
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #13371
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
It looks like my leak may actually be from my front diff - and blowing up and coating everything...that is why I couldn't find the source of the leak up there... One of the guys at ORW took one look and said it seemed like gear oil...and it makes sense because they just re-geared and had that all apart...and they put on my new ARB diff covers....so that is actually a good thing because it means they will have to take care of it and it isn't some new broken thing causing extra expense! I'll update you guys in a couple of days when I get it back - thanks for the help trying to figure it out!
maybe they left the vent hose disconnected?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #13372
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Since it was the front diff I wonder what was causing the lack of power. Think gear oil got where it wasn't supposed to belong?
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #13373
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

well just got back from the smog station and the YJ failed AGAIN!!! I am getting really tired of this. after it failed last time I replaced the O2 sensor, the cat, and the muffler and it still failed. this time it only failed the high speed test on NO. Max is 875 and my YJ came in at 1028.

Anybody got any ideas?
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #13374
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What were the other readings? High NOx is usually from a lean condition IIRC or a faulty EGR. The EGR could be a bad diaphragm or a vacuum leak somewhere.
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #13375
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

lets see. low speed numbers:
RPM: 1411
CO2: 14.6
%o2: 0.0
HC: Max 123 AVE 34 Measured 38
CO: Max 0.73 AVE 0.11 Measured 0.13
NO: Max 1015 AVE 260 Measured 705
it passed the low speed (15MPH)

High Speed Numbers:
RPM 1412
%CO2: 14.5
% O2: 0.0
HC: Max 103 AVE 23 Measured 19
CO: Max 0.93 AVE 0.10 Measured 0.05
NO: Max 875 AVE 217 Measured 1028
it failed this test (25MPH)

Also failed on Fuel Evaporative controls
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
Unread 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #13376
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

If it failed evap then I bet you have vacuum hose problems, which can cause a lean condition
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #13377
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
If it failed evap then I bet you have vacuum hose problems, which can cause a lean condition
X2

The lean will cause your NOx to be through the roof.
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #13378
besthaticouldo
1994 ZJ 

yay!

parts on the way, im very excited. this will be my last modding for quite some time. because after this i am getting a house with my fiancee (getting married in june)

- BDS 3" lift (sent MO)
- Ported and Polished Throttle Body (On the way)
- D2S HID Bulbs (on the way)
- 9004 to D2S wiring (on the way)
- Type 1 HID Shroud (on the way) (doing a projector conversion in case you were wondering)
- Hawk LTS Front and Rear Brake Pads (on the way)
- Amsoil Brake Fluid (on the way)
- WIX Trans Filter (on the way)
- Amsoil ATF (on the way)
- Amsoil Oil and Filter (on the way)

parts i have sitting at home waiting to go on
- Hella 500s
- KOR Style Roof Rack
- American Racing Black Wheels
- 242 Transfercase

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest Thing You've Ever Seen
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #13379
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I was just cleaning my garage. Just got finished. Wasn't that bad. Only took a few hours. I tweaked on the Jeep a bit too.

Anyway, I cam across this neon sign that was facing the wall in the corner.
It works but my sister robbed the transformer out of it. It's pretty big and very colorful. Great for a game room or garage.

Anybody need a neon sign that say's "California Dreamin'"?

dude...how much??? lol
Unread 04-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #13380
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've been thru my vac lines, matter of fact I recently replaced a few cracked elbows on the vac system. could the charcoal canister be bad maybe?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.