San Diego Area - Page 88 - JeepForum.com

 28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1306 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Vern Britain
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: El Centro
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsterboy101
Vern,

You guys going anywhere Thanksgiving weekend? I'd like to run somewhere with you guys. Ever been up to Johnson Valley?
Got some runs local to SD and Imperial county. JV is some serious stuff. By the look of yor XJ I wouldnt venture there yet. Been to JV, you should expect damage and or breakage.

I would like to know about your rig. Whats it equiped with, and spare parts. What trails you have done. This will allow me (us) to fit you in runs your capable of doing.

We do mild to wild or a mix of both. We dont pressure riders to do what they are not capable of doing. Once we have a feel of your capability we will put you on a trail runs list. Theres usually a run every Saturday somewhere. Why Saturday..gives you Sunday to get your broken junk home

PM me with your info.

Vern


Cant Dive 55

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1307 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Jeepsterboy101
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego (Ramona), CA
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Britain
Got some runs local to SD and Imperial county. JV is some serious stuff. By the look of yor XJ I wouldnt venture there yet. Been to JV, you should expect damage and or breakage.

I would like to know about your rig. Whats it equiped with, and spare parts. What trails you have done. This will allow me (us) to fit you in runs your capable of doing.

We do mild to wild or a mix of both. We dont pressure riders to do what they are not capable of doing. Once we have a feel of your capability we will put you on a trail runs list. Theres usually a run every Saturday somewhere. Why Saturday..gives you Sunday to get your broken junk home

PM me with your info.

Vern

Well, I just got back from JV. Ran Tackhammer, Lower Big Johnson, and one other I cant think of the name. My XJ has gone some serious changes if you are looking at my profile image pics on here. And JV is the only trails I have ran since my new suspension setup. But it did well up there. And I have been to Big Bear and all over Ocotillo and some local trails.


I am running about 6-8 inches of lift. LA's up front and leafs in the rear. On 35" Truxus M/T's. D30 up front with Chromo shafts, 4.88's and ARB. Rear is a 44 with Chromo shafts, 4.88's and ARB. I have spare shafts for each. Almost fully armored. Waiting on a rear bumper to be shipped. Tow points front and rear though. C02 tank and ARB compressor for air. Umm...anything specific you'd like to know?

Well, I have to fix a couple things from JV but if I can get all that done in time for the weekend and if my rig is good enough to run with you guys let me know. I might be heading to Big Bear. But was looking for something a little closer.

www.scottsxj.com (under construction)
Jeepsterboy101 is offline  
post #1308 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Jeepsterboy101
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego (Ramona), CA
Posts: 599
ha sorry didnt see the PM me part at the end. Oh well, now everyone else knows hah.

www.scottsxj.com (under construction)
Jeepsterboy101 is offline  
post #1309 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Vern Britain
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: El Centro
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsterboy101
Well, I just got back from JV. Ran Tackhammer, Lower Big Johnson, and one other I cant think of the name. My XJ has gone some serious changes if you are looking at my profile image pics on here. And JV is the only trails I have ran since my new suspension setup. But it did well up there. And I have been to Big Bear and all over Ocotillo and some local trails.


I am running about 6-8 inches of lift. LA's up front and leafs in the rear. On 35" Truxus M/T's. D30 up front with Chromo shafts, 4.88's and ARB. Rear is a 44 with Chromo shafts, 4.88's and ARB. I have spare shafts for each. Almost fully armored. Waiting on a rear bumper to be shipped. Tow points front and rear though. C02 tank and ARB compressor for air. Umm...anything specific you'd like to know?

Well, I have to fix a couple things from JV but if I can get all that done in time for the weekend and if my rig is good enough to run with you guys let me know. I might be heading to Big Bear. But was looking for something a little closer.
All righty then! Some folk dont have and want to do. Ramona?? Up date your pics! I'll PM you next run.

Cant Dive 55

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline  
post #1310 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Vern Britain
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: El Centro
Posts: 164
Table Mountain

Heres another Pic. Late in the day near sunset. We crested a mountain and Steve got this shot off ( camera) !


Cant Dive 55

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline  
post #1311 of 40341 Old 11-19-2006, 11:40 PM
mrsnowmann360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 330
Hey guys. So i have a stock YJ and i want to do somewheeling around here with you guys to figure out what i want to mod.

If you guys are doing anything this week or weekend ofcourse minus thursday, i would love to join you if it wont be to hard on my stock YJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Beater
jeep wave?, more like a drive by shooting to put that thing out of its misery, kind of like shooting a horse when its leg is broken...
90' Islander
31's
mrsnowmann360 is offline  
post #1312 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 AM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Looks like you found the thread then...

I have wednesday and friday off this week, so i could go wheeling those days, but i had to buy a new starter today, so i have about enough money to last me untill next paycheck. Unless if someone wants to ride with me and give me some gas money lol

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #1313 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
mrsnowmann360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 330
Well if we do end up goin i might be able to help you out with gas haha. Its the least i could do for you connecting me with all of this . Lets see if we can get a group together. I might be able to bring a couple friends from school.... with there trucks.... ehh i dont like trucks haha but i would like to get a group for possibly wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Beater
jeep wave?, more like a drive by shooting to put that thing out of its misery, kind of like shooting a horse when its leg is broken...
90' Islander
31's
mrsnowmann360 is offline  
post #1314 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Materdaddy
Registered User
 
Materdaddy's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Britain
If your going to off roading pay attention to that pics.

Heres whats known. The rig was a rust bucket. The seat belt failed either by ripping or getting torn out of the rusty anchor points.

The father is driving the son is holding on in the back. There was 4 passenger so it it told.

The driver which is on the other side of the rig recieved and this is not confirmed.
Massive broken ribs, Broken wrist, crushed shoulder , punctured lung and cuncusion . He was 67 years young no insurance ( speculation). Final pics not shown shows him layed out , his son in shock and the dog in someone arms. This was the Ocotillo Wells event a couple of weeks ago..

I see that ( I too being past veteran) theres not much money to support your 4X4 stuff. Take safety first! Inspect you rigs!
Sorry to dig up old stuff, but just thought I'd let you know a couple more points on this.... The person holding their dog after the roll was my fiance. We were front and center for this roll... scary stuff. We saw the seat belt was strapped in AFTER the roll, what we thing happened was the driver (who was a kinda big guy) had it around his gut, and not around his hips. Since it was only a lap belt, it didn't secure him in the FJ.


O|||||||O
My
MyJeep
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline  
post #1315 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 AM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Wow, thanks for sharing matterdaddy.


Whats the matterdaddy?

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #1316 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 11:45 AM
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santa Maria
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnowmann360
Well if we do end up goin i might be able to help you out with gas haha. Its the least i could do for you connecting me with all of this . Lets see if we can get a group together. I might be able to bring a couple friends from school.... with there trucks.... ehh i dont like trucks haha but i would like to get a group for possibly wednesday.
whats wrong with trucks? I used to 4x4 with a full size dodge 1500. Im looking into getting back into off roading since im poor and havent had the funds for gas for awhile. just nothing to hard until i get the jeep the way i want it. if something breaks it would rock so i know what to upgrade.
thantos858 is offline  
post #1317 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
PR1AWRet
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego/Imperial Beach
Posts: 820
Toy trucks are good. I took my 82 places I won't take my Grand at, at the moment. They are good for building also.
PR1AWRet is offline  
post #1318 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Materdaddy
Registered User
 
Materdaddy's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch1625
Wow, thanks for sharing matterdaddy.
No problem. Scary stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch1625
Whats the matterdaddy?
I love it when people play along...

"Nothing son..."

O|||||||O
My
MyJeep
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline  
post #1319 of 40341 Old 11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
mrsnowmann360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 330
The truck comment was just my preference but, WEDNESDAY, I want to wheel something local if anyone else would like to go or knows a good location nearby.

PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Beater
jeep wave?, more like a drive by shooting to put that thing out of its misery, kind of like shooting a horse when its leg is broken...
90' Islander
31's
mrsnowmann360 is offline  
post #1320 of 40341 Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 AM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
i would like to go = (

I dont remember if youve been wheeling yet, but the otay place is pretty good for beginners, its got a few good hills that you could get some practice from. Palomar Mountain has a scenic dirt road with 1 spot for 4 wheel drive. WHen it rains/snows, thats when you go up to palomar

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome