San Diego Area - Page 556 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Reply
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #8326
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
so would this be a cool tow vehicle or what...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/car/730875801.html

diesel, factory 4WD with lockers, 10Kw generator, air compressor, cool paint job and a whoopee light!




Check this out, SYE install on a TJ, same as a YJ for the most part:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hGpjCAkOvk&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hGpjCAkOvk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

tempting. would not be much use as a generic truck though. I'll offer $4k if he still has it in two weeks

__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #8327
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
tempting. would not be much use as a generic truck though. I'll offer $4k if he still has it in two weeks
would probably be not too difficult to convert it to a standard utility bed, just not sure where the PTO generator or air comp is located, but still, it has a whoopee light and lockers
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #8328
Delta347
T-Rex Bait
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,555
Thats an awesome truck haha!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #8329
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Just about 1.5 hours to get to this point
hpim0744_sm.jpg  
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #8330
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Just about 1.5 hours to get to this point
so let's see, , work, , work, , work,

yeah, I can see how it would take an hour and a half
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #8331
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
so let's see, , work, , work, , work,

yeah, I can see how it would take an hour and a half
You know me better than that. work, look for tools, work, look for other tools, repeat.

I don't think that's too bad. take off skid, remove front drive shaft and yoke, search for tools, remove rear cone and seal, split case, remove chain and shaft.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #8332
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,246
Way to go Jeff!

BTW: What city/area are you working out of?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #8333
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,246
BTW: If you can, post a side by side pic of the AA main shaft next to the stock shaft.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #8334
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
BTW: If you can, post a side by side pic of the AA main shaft next to the stock shaft.
I work downtown, next to the train station

your wish is my command
hpim0745_sm.jpg  
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #8335
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,246
Ahh, oooooh, SWEET!

I'll give you a ring tomorrow before I leave work so that maybe we can hook-up as I head home.

I usually leave work/my office in Point Loma ~2:30PM. Do you think that'll work?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #8336
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Ahh, oooooh, SWEET!

I'll give you a ring tomorrow before I leave work so that maybe we can hook-up as I head home.

I usually leave work/my office in Point Loma ~2:30PM. Do you think that'll work?
I leave about 4:30 generally.

tty later
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #8337
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
I did some serious cleaning on the block today. You would not believe what the inside of the coolant jackets looked like. I don't know how I didn't overheat. I took some pics of the "stuff" and will post them up later.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #8338
Delta347
T-Rex Bait
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,555
I really think next Repair party I need to inspect my T-case for damage, this subtle noise is really concerning me.

If it isn't that I am semi-worried it may be a transmission problem, since this noise occurs at really slow speeds and a slightly different noise (much faster) at 55mph +

So far I can't tell any effect on driving, just that it happens at those times. The low speed one becomes much more potent in 4x4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #8339
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
I really think next Repair party I need to inspect my T-case for damage, this subtle noise is really concerning me.

If it isn't that I am semi-worried it may be a transmission problem, since this noise occurs at really slow speeds and a slightly different noise (much faster) at 55mph +

So far I can't tell any effect on driving, just that it happens at those times. The low speed one becomes much more potent in 4x4.
stop by tomorrow night, if you like. Or, we can listen to it on saturday.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #8340
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Here are some pictures of the inside of the block taken through the freeze plug holes. They are scary, so proceed with caution. Also a picture of the water pump. The thing looks brand new, along with the clutch and all associated clutch parts.





Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.