San Diego Area - Page 555 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 06-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #8311
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I was just going to go out to lunch. I'll wait for you or I can meet you someplace.
Call and let me know where if ya want some more company. Kim and I are cruising around trying to decide where to eat.

__________________
San Diego Group
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #8312
sebastian22
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05moabTJ View Post
Wheeled up at Big Bear today. Perfect weather, great group.

Better from the other side, you could probably stand underneath my tire.
Attachment 50362
Lunch
Attachment 50363

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

We had a great time, at least I did, my passenger was not feeling so good.

Heres the shot from the other side, almost at the exact same time.

As always pictures dont do it justice.



rest of the pictures we took here...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ey%2006-21-08/
__________________
95 Black YJ
sebastian22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #8313
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
You've got a computer in your Jeep? I have one in my company demo car (a cop car with a cop computer) but I can't type and drive at the same time.
Sprint Mobile Broadband, it goes where I go, works anyplace there's a Sprint signal, way cool (Thanks to J)

But I wasn't driving, drive alive
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #8314
Jerry Bransford
Administrator
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Escondido, California, California
Posts: 60,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Sprint Mobile Broadband, it goes where I go, works anyplace there's a Sprint signal, way cool (Thanks to J)
Yep that's how mine connects too Steve. Their signal seems to be pretty much everywhere. I drove the cop car up into northern Calif. a few months ago and there was only one or two spots I couldn't get connected via Sprint.
__________________
Getting Savvy...

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #8315
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Yep that's how mine connects too Steve. Their signal seems to be pretty much everywhere. I drove the cop car up into northern Calif. a few months ago and there was only one or two spots I couldn't get connected via Sprint.


I don't even know where to begin. I wanna start by thanking my.....
__________________
San Diego Group
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #8316
Delta347
Web Wheeler
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,578
Kyle Busch wins another race, sigh.

Kanes starts in 1st, ends in the 30s, seriously. Why did they pit him for a whole lap?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #8317
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,880
got my SYE today, great deal thanks to Joe.

Now the fun of installing it.

I stopped at sears on the way home and got the best pair of snap ring pliers they had.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #8318
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,385
I'm certainly glad I could be of help.

If you wish, I can probably stop by your work (I have no idea where it is) on my way home from work tomorrow so I can give you that burger coupon I owe you.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #8319
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
there was only one or two spots I couldn't get connected via Sprint.
Unless you go to the junkyards in Chula Vista/Otay, especially up by Brown Field, dropping calls constantly with the signal lost message...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
I wanna start by...
getting better signal strength in those areas so I can get important messages about the availability of junkyard parts

StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #8320
Delta347
Web Wheeler
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,578
YAY!

Victorious day today for the Jeep.

A) Got a 10$ cheapy Radio Shack CB Coax and the CB is now working like a charm I can receive from around 2 miles and transmit through the city about 1 mile. Next step is call Walcott and ask for my money back or something worth 30$

B) Pulled someone who's car was 100% sunk into the sand at Ponto Beach in Carlsbad out with my virgin tow strap and got 5$ =)

C) Did some big flexing on the rocks at Tamarck beach at 11 at night and when the off road lights came on from our Jeeps the beach went from pitch black to artificial dawn with 3+ nude couples spread out across the beach doing the dirty.

D) Sea Foamed it and wow did that clear it out, I did it liek 2 months ago and it was pretty good at cleaning it out but today dang there was a lot of smoke/residue clouds. But made her run just that much smoother, and no way to celebrate like getting Taco Bell.

Though amongst all this I am concerned over a metallic noise coming from my T-case that sounds like loose metal moving around or damaged metal getting ground or moved between parts. It has a specific pattern to the noise and comes and goes as the Jeep moves forward...thinking that its damaged from Corral Canyon I never noticed due to the noisy badly timed Jeep covering up the sound. That or the fact my inner forward drive shaft isn't lubed while the end attached to the diff is...I hope.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #8321
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
YAY!

Victorious day today for the Jeep.

A) Got a 10$ cheapy Radio Shack CB Coax and the CB is now working like a charm I can receive from around 2 miles and transmit through the city about 1 mile. Next step is call Walcott and ask for my money back or something worth 30$

B) Pulled someone who's car was 100% sunk into the sand at Ponto Beach in Carlsbad out with my virgin tow strap and got 5$ =)

C) Did some big flexing on the rocks at Tamarck beach at 11 at night and when the off road lights came on from our Jeeps the beach went from pitch black to artificial dawn with 3+ nude couples spread out across the beach doing the dirty.

D) Sea Foamed it and wow did that clear it out, I did it liek 2 months ago and it was pretty good at cleaning it out but today dang there was a lot of smoke/residue clouds. But made her run just that much smoother, and no way to celebrate like getting Taco Bell.

Though amongst all this I am concerned over a metallic noise coming from my T-case that sounds like loose metal moving around or damaged metal getting ground or moved between parts. It has a specific pattern to the noise and comes and goes as the Jeep moves forward...thinking that its damaged from Corral Canyon I never noticed due to the noisy badly timed Jeep covering up the sound. That or the fact my inner forward drive shaft isn't lubed while the end attached to the diff is...I hope.
All good, except the last one.


Don't drive it and make it worse.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here

Last edited by jbolty; 06-24-2008 at 09:09 AM..
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #8322
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Also,

Who would be up for a BBQ day at Fiesta Island?

Just park in a circle like a wagon train, throw up some grills and a bon fire.

Enjoy a relaxing day!

Of course this is after....
A) Steve Recovers
B) Jeff is Better
C) Jason's Jeep has its soul back in it.
D) Jeff's Jeep has its legs back.
E) anything else that happened to anyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I have been thinking about that very thing. How about a San Diego meet and greet. Maybe we can meet some of the new members and make plans for future wheeling trips. It won't be that long until we are all mobile again.


Start a thread over on the san diego group and see what date works; maybe next saturday?? We don't have to wait for jeeps to be ready to go.
Sounds awesome! Count me in! Who's bringing what??
__________________
Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate
http://moojr.mybrute.com
MooJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #8323
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
Sounds awesome! Count me in! Who's bringing what??
no details yet.

thread here: http://groups.jeepforum.com/San_Diego_Jeeps
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #8324
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
so would this be a cool tow vehicle or what...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/car/730875801.html

diesel, factory 4WD with lockers, 10Kw generator, air compressor, cool paint job and a whoopee light!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
got my SYE today, great deal thanks to Joe.

Now the fun of installing it.

I stopped at sears on the way home and got the best pair of snap ring pliers they had.
Check this out, SYE install on a TJ, same as a YJ for the most part:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hGpjCAkOvk&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hGpjCAkOvk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #8325
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Not as expensive as I thought it would be. And with the light, I mean, come on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
so would this be a cool tow vehicle or what...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/car/730875801.html

diesel, factory 4WD with lockers, 10Kw generator, air compressor, cool paint job and a whoopee light!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.