San Diego Area - Page 552 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #8266
BrandonTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88
Is anyone planning on going to Ecology this weekend? Half price sale.. Pipe in...
I'll be there.

Unread 06-20-2008, 07:07 AM   #8267
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Damn, don't have that kinda heat.

So from the top, notch and X into the head and then try and twist it off. Ok, well, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'm done out there tonight. I wanted to have the head off so I could pull the valves and valve springs off.

I might head down to ecology this weekend and see if there are any motor/trans combos worth looking at.

Anyone know their prices on that stuff?
price list on this site, ecology is pretty close.

http://www.pickapart.com/

cut in half for the sale days
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #8268
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Is anyone planning on going to Ecology this weekend? Half price sale.. Pipe in...
What are you looking for at the jy? Is it worth sending a team to Oceanside again?
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #8269
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
What are you looking for at the jy? Is it worth sending a team to Oceanside again?
Going to try and find a radiator for a friend's 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, she mashed the front, did the body work last weekend, all that's left is the rad. Locally they run $260 minimum and three days delivery. So trying ecology.

And since we're down there we'll wander around a bit and see what we can find, do the Exploder search and so on. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a whole slew of 4:10 8.8's...

And a nice Hemi or diesel thumper for Jason

If anyone needs a particular part let me know and I'll see what I can find.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #8270
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Yeah, If I sounded like i was protesting it I apologize.

That is what like half price for what that truck can go for? If not a third?

I think its a sweet deal from sight and for a tow vehicle I can see, especially from Joe's input, that it would be perfect compared to any average truck.

I <3 diesel, I just wanted to say no wonder its going for cheap because I bet no ordinary people want to buy it >.>

If the Ranger were a more fuel efficient car and I had 11K laying around I would buy that.
No worries, my misunderstanding.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #8271
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, If I sounded like i was protesting it I apologize.
Not accepted. Its go time!!!!!

Unread 06-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #8272
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not accepted. Its go time!!!!!

Unread 06-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #8273
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Going to try and find a radiator for a friend's 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, she mashed the front, did the body work last weekend, all that's left is the rad. Locally they run $260 minimum and three days delivery. So trying ecology.

And since we're down there we'll wander around a bit and see what we can find, do the Exploder search and so on. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a whole slew of 4:10 8.8's...

And a nice Hemi or diesel thumper for Jason

If anyone needs a particular part let me know and I'll see what I can find.
Looks like you may have enough help so you won't need me, but let me know. I am still not qute feeling 100% but will most likely be better tomorrow.
Unread 06-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #8274
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
She's in for some serious repair and upgrades.

This is what I got done on the motor last night.

Jeff or Josh - What on the block needs to be covered/plugged to prevent any damage from dirt or corrosion? I'll be taking it completely apart this week/weekend and getting it dipped soon as well.
keep it covered with a trash bag and you'll be good to go, but once you get it machined you'll want to rub all the internals with assembly lube and then spray the block down with WD 40. and she'll stay clean lubed and covered which will keep dust and rust away.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #8275
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Very interesting article that is sorta basic knowledge to us I suppose. Gallons per mile! Finally they agree!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080619/..._efficiency_dc
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #8276
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ok wiring question, cuz it isn't making sense in my head.

I have a 5v Blue LED, a 35VDCinput - 5V output Regulator, and 35WDC Capacitor (to make the lead blink, i hope lol).

Im running off of what i learned on leds and stuff liek 4 years ago so to hook this up so the LED turns on (And blinks) when the Posilok is engaged....

I run a wire from Node 2 on the posilok to the chassis for a ground.... then

From the BATTERY I go to the CAPACITOR to the REGULATOR to the LED to the Node-1 on the posilok. and when I engage the posilok a ground circuit will form allowing the LED to turn on right?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 06-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #8277
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok wiring question, cuz it isn't making sense in my head.

I have a 5v Blue LED, a 35VDCinput - 5V output Regulator, and 35WDC Capacitor (to make the lead blink, i hope lol).

Im running off of what i learned on leds and stuff liek 4 years ago so to hook this up so the LED turns on (And blinks) when the Posilok is engaged....

I run a wire from Node 2 on the posilok to the chassis for a ground.... then

From the BATTERY I go to the CAPACITOR to the REGULATOR to the LED to the Node-1 on the posilok. and when I engage the posilok a ground circuit will form allowing the LED to turn on right?
If you say so.

If the posi has a way to complete a circuit then you should be golden, as long as the blinking works. I have not had an electrical class since 1976 so I am a little rusty on capacitors. Personally I would find a blinking light annoying though, especially at night.

Or, you can get a blinker led from radio shack for about 88 cents.
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #8278
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

YAY! My CB works..I think i know I receive perfectly on the antenna now (i bought a 10$ Rg58/M coax from Radio Shack). No moer "ANT" light and I can calibrate it

Just have to test my transmit out

Also painted the pan for the T-case white to match my body. Been thinking of using up my yellow on my drive shafts.
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #8279
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Also,

Who would be up for a BBQ day at Fiesta Island?

Just park in a circle like a wagon train, throw up some grills and a bon fire.

Enjoy a relaxing day!

Of course this is after....
A) Steve Recovers
B) Jeff is Better
C) Jason's Jeep has its soul back in it.
D) Jeff's Jeep has its legs back.
E) anything else that happened to anyone!
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #8280
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also,

Who would be up for a BBQ day at Fiesta Island?

Just park in a circle like a wagon train, throw up some grills and a bon fire.

Enjoy a relaxing day!

Of course this is after....
A) Steve Recovers
B) Jeff is Better
C) Jason's Jeep has its soul back in it.
D) Jeff's Jeep has its legs back.
E) anything else that happened to anyone!

I have been thinking about that very thing. How about a San Diego meet and greet. Maybe we can meet some of the new members and make plans for future wheeling trips. It won't be that long until we are all mobile again.

Start a thread over on the san diego group and see what date works; maybe next saturday?? We don't have to wait for jeeps to be ready to go.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.