San Diego Area - Page 550 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 06-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #8236
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Look what brown did for me.

hpim0739_sm.jpg   hpim0740_sm.jpg  
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #8237
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Look what brown did for me.
They brought you a shiny new penny?

sweet
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #8238
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Steve!

I think I'll drink a beer or two to your health, fast recovery, and tightening up that loose screw in your head.

Get well soon my friend.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #8239
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
We're looking for something older though like a CJ or Willys or something...the more rustic looking the better
JasonP
Well mine looks to much like a MALL QUEEN, so I guess I'm out
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #8240
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Any of you experienced motor heads available tomorrow? I'm pulling the head, valves and all the other associated junk off tomorrow. While the FSM and the Hayne's to a step by step, I still find it helpful to have someone with hands on experience around. I went a grabbed a valve spring compressor tool for the job as well (I thought I had one but no such luck). Anything else I might need?
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #8241
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Any of you experienced motor heads available tomorrow? I'm pulling the head, valves and all the other associated junk off tomorrow. While the FSM and the Hayne's to a step by step, I still find it helpful to have someone with hands on experience around. I went a grabbed a valve spring compressor tool for the job as well (I thought I had one but no such luck). Anything else I might need?
I would leave the valves in place for now. If they are up to spec and reused they have to go back in the same place. No need of more loose parts to keep track of.

Sometimes the head is loosened in a certain order, similar to tightening; check the book for that.

just take everything off the outside, drop the oil pan and call it good for now. I would leave the pistons in place too; they have to go back in the same cylinder.

Next step is to get everything measured, see what parts you need, total it up and decide what to do.

I'll come by, if I can, after work.
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #8242
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I grabbed some of that green "crafting" foam to stick the rocker arms, valves, push rods, etc in to keep them in order. I may not even keep them. The intake valves are covered in so much crap that you can barely tell they're round. Also, don't I need to remove the valve equipment to get to the cam to get it measured?
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:11 AM   #8243
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Soo here is a picture of the fire from the carb...which caused the Jeep to start working again. As well as a couple pics at fiesta island following the successful fixing!

-------------------------

So I finally decided what would be a good use for that broken axle shaft! Now I doubt any of you airsoft hardcore, but if you did you would know some scenarios allow vehicle use. So I was thinking If i fixed the shatter end and put a rotating joint with a U shaped mount for an Airsoft gun i could use the lug bolts to mount the shaft upright in the back of the jeep on the tub or some fabricated platform built to fit back there. Sound cool?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #8244
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I grabbed some of that green "crafting" foam to stick the rocker arms, valves, push rods, etc in to keep them in order. I may not even keep them. The intake valves are covered in so much crap that you can barely tell they're round. Also, don't I need to remove the valve equipment to get to the cam to get it measured?

no, the cam is down in the block the distributor is driven of a gear on the cam.
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #8245
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
no, the cam is down in the block the distributor is driven of a gear on the cam.
Oh yeah, not on overhead cam...

IIRC its kind up and to the left of the crankshaft right?
Unread 06-19-2008, 01:30 AM   #8246
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Well mine looks to much like a MALL QUEEN, so I guess I'm out
aside from a bent to crap bumper adn some rock damage on teh wheels/tires it cant be any worse then mine dude! haha
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #8247
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Jeff -

2004 Ford F350 Diesel, 4 door, 4X4 with a sticker of $11,000 in Poway
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #8248
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You know you own a YJ when you wake up at 420am and can't get back to sleep so you spend 4 hours straight in the YJ Technical Forum posting left and right.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #8249
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jeff -

2004 Ford F350 Diesel, 4 door, 4X4 with a sticker of $11,000 in Poway
In the event bolding it didn't help 'diesel'

Kinda makes it stick out >.> (as to why its going for cheap)

Is it from the dealer? Or someone trying to sell it?

Diesel = Bad For Gas $$$
Pick Up = Good For Us
11K = Awesome Price
Unread 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #8250
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
In the event bolding it didn't help 'diesel'

Kinda makes it stick out >.> (as to why its going for cheap)

Is it from the dealer? Or someone trying to sell it?

Diesel = Bad For Gas $$$
Pick Up = Good For Us
11K = Awesome Price
Perhaps I'm missing your points. Here's mine.

Typically speaking, diesel trucks hold a good value.

Yeah, diesel is currently selling for more $ than regular unleaded.

However, when I had my 2500 2wd gas truck, I'd get ~6-7 MPG's while having my camper on and towing.

With my much larger, much heavier, 3500 4wd diesel truck, I now get closer to ~12.5 miles per gallon and have gotten as much as 17+ MPG's while towing and the camper. That's close to doubling my fuel mileage at the lower end.

Plus, the diesel engine & drivetrain is far superior, and has far more power (~610 ftlbs torque vs ~375) and should outlast the gas drivetrain 3 fold or more.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.