San Diego Area - Page 548 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #8206
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Let's talk tires.

I am planning to go with 33 x 12.50 and I think I want 8" rims with 4" backspacing.

Before I order the rims does anyone have that setup so I can try them on? I would like to make sure I get enough turning clearance on the front.

Jimmie, Eric, anyone else have this size and is near clairemont some time this coming weekend?

thx

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #8207
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Heading up to Carlsbad now that the Jeep is running.

Jeff Again, I publicly must say I can never thank you enough.

One thing though, next time you give me parts for free and say "just incase the one you have fails, but then again what are the chances of that".....we are installing it before I leave your place haha.

So to everyone else I will post the pics later, have to get them off my phone. But what ended up happening is a lot of testing, replacing the ignition coil, reverting to the mechanical fuel pump, backfiring the engine (or something like that) causing the gas Jeff was pouring into the carb to light on fire and him to step back and think for a minute what to do with the burning cap of fuel. After throwing it to the ground and letting it burn the cap flat and took some pics we used Sean's fire extinguisher to put it out and left it there.

So its running thus far, I drove to Little Cesars and back about an 7mile trip. It took a corner to adapt to everything.

So yay! Pics to come sometime tmrw.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #8208
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

As promised, some more US Open pictures. The playoff round and then sudden death hole were AWESOME!

Here is the LINK to all of the pics

Rocco Mediate and Tiger Woods practicing the morning of the playoff round

Tiger getting the trophy

Unread 06-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #8209
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Heading up to Carlsbad now that the Jeep is running.

Jeff Again, I publicly must say I can never thank you enough.

One thing though, next time you give me parts for free and say "just incase the one you have fails, but then again what are the chances of that".....we are installing it before I leave your place haha.

So to everyone else I will post the pics later, have to get them off my phone. But what ended up happening is a lot of testing, replacing the ignition coil, reverting to the mechanical fuel pump, backfiring the engine (or something like that) causing the gas Jeff was pouring into the carb to light on fire and him to step back and think for a minute what to do with the burning cap of fuel. After throwing it to the ground and letting it burn the cap flat and took some pics we used Sean's fire extinguisher to put it out and left it there.

So its running thus far, I drove to Little Cesars and back about an 7mile trip. It took a corner to adapt to everything.

So yay! Pics to come sometime tmrw.

Ha. Long story short. Yesterday I gave Ari my old mechanical fuel pump and my old duraspark coil for spares. Today, his coil and fuel pump both were bad. Karma.
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #8210
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

So, what's everyone doing on saturday?
spring.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #8211
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This may sound dumb, but...

Whats in the wrapper? Looks like another spring??
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #8212
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
This may sound dumb, but...

Whats in the wrapper? Looks like another spring??
two extra leaves to boost it up a little. the infamous add-a-leaf
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #8213
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff, as a heads-up....if the AAL's are centerpin offset design, make sure you install both AAL's with the centerpin offset going the same direction. In other words, not 180* out of phase.

Seen that done too many times. It's a PITA to correct.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #8214
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Jeff, as a heads-up....if the AAL's are centerpin offset design, make sure you install both AAL's with the centerpin offset going the same direction. In other words, not 180* out of phase.

Seen that done too many times. It's a PITA to correct.
Thanks. They did not send any paperwork and I was just looking at how to do it. I think I would have rather just switched to the heavier spring pack but they sent me a whole new set to replace the bent one and did not charge me anything for the AAL, so I have no complaints.

Got the differential, axle shafts and hubs put back together tonight so there is nothing to stop me from putting it back togther now. I have to go out tomorrow night so I think I will paint everything before I leave the house.

The SYE tracking shows projected delivery of 6/23, so the timing is perfect.

cheers

Unread 06-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #8215
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I found out why we have not heard from Steve for a while.

He had some sort of accident at work and smacked his head on the concrete floor.

He had to go for an ambulance ride to the hospital but he is home now. I talked to him today and he is doing as well as can be expected but will be out of commission for a while.

Get well soon.
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #8216
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Bummer about Steve.

That's good news on the parts projected delivery date (next Monday).

It looks like I'll be yanking my entire front axle soon so I can sleeve it. Shouldn't take me too long thou. I'll probably get the sleeve from Currie, slice the tube, remove the disco housing, press the sleeve on, set the knuckle caster, weld the sleeve on, then weld a new perch & lower shock mount on. Paint it, then reinstall the finished product. Piece of cake (famous last words)
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #8217
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Bummer about Steve.

That's good news on the parts projected delivery date (next Monday).

It looks like I'll be yanking my entire front axle soon so I can sleeve it. Shouldn't take me too long thou. I'll probably get the sleeve from Currie, slice the tube, remove the disco housing, press the sleeve on, set the knuckle caster, weld the sleeve on, then weld a new perch & lower shock mount on. Paint it, then reinstall the finished product. Piece of cake (famous last words)
Glad to come help.

I will have my entire old HPD30 on the junk heap if you need any parts or pieces.
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #8218
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
So, what's everyone doing on saturday?
Helping you install a spring?

Major bummer about steve! I thought something was strange, he lives in here.
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #8219
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Photobucket?

Anyone else having an issue with photobucket locally?
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #8220
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
Anyone else having an issue with photobucket locally?
they had some sort of dns issue. I think it's all sorted out now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.