San Diego Area - Page 514 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #7696
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hello everyone. Just wavin a hand

Unread 05-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #7697
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Hello everyone. Just wavin a hand

we miss you
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #7698
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
At the moment, Cash Reserves are at: Very Low

Used my bonus money for the antenna and CB upgrade.

The actual money I will be making will be coming who knows when, later. . . which is what I'm using to get the brake kits from Napa.

Otherwise I just have gas money right now, which when coupled with the fact Carla gets in on the 15th (Thursday)... ...means No Anza for Me.
Carla?? Pics or ban.
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #7699
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh to add on to what Jason said.

I actually don't use the side view mirrors in the Jeep, the wind alone knocks them off center so i can't ever see. I just turn my head and can see everything.

The guy I got it from bought the mirror movers (so i would make a profit) but why not just make it legal and useless?

How much could I get for them?

Edit: Due to circumstances in my friend's dad's naval career looks like come March we are moving to Maine. damn it now Im going to have to worry about my floor corroding away. But seriously that makes me really sad, I've lived my whole life here thus far that I can remember (when i was a baby i lived in Africa and Spain).
Maine? whisky, tango, foxtrot. Portmouth shipyard? I though they were closing that?
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #7700
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Maine? whisky, tango, foxtrot. Portmouth shipyard? I though they were closing that?
I'm guessing that is where it is, my friend's mom was sorta hasty about it because she was rushing out to the store and I came up stairs and fell asleep. Must not be closing it too soon, its one of the requirements for my friend's dad to be able to pass CPO rank, that we move.

I don't have a good picture laying around, there are a couple but they don't do her justice so ...
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #7701
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
The Gear Shop is: ProGear

progeardifferentials.com

7948 RONSON ROAD
SAN DIEGO, CA 92111

858-571-1158

I got my D35 spiders there, Jeff told me about it, super nice people. Not much parking, its on the north side of the road west of Mercury street. Really Small and Easy to miss.
how was the pricing there?

Hey jason so i'm probably working on saturday sounded like more then a definite so i'm thinking that maybe tonight we could swing down there and get that axle. not sure what time is best for you or them let me know wouldn't mine tearing it down tonight just to make sure i won't need anything else... plus i wouldn't mine getting the code off the housing just to make sure i give the shop the right info. and maybe we can do that swap on saturday before i head up to my parents if i can get the bearings in time.

Edit: Well after further review there's a couple of things that i'm going to have to do anyways before i mount it up. Apparently the biggest concern about these danna 44a is that the housing is so thin and prone to the actual housing to flex and bend which wears out the bearings. Since this axle needs bearings I'll need to make sure it's not bent and that the bearings were worn out because of wear and tear and not the flexing of the housing. once that is figured out looks like i'll have to reinforce the housing with some trussels. Now the question is jeff.... do you have the correct equipment to weld an aluminum housing or will i have to take it to a shop? if i want this axle to last it's going to have to be welded up first, before i slap it on, minus well no point in taking it on and off a couple of times. Thanks locked98gc for the link great info there!

Last edited by grandpapy; 05-09-2008 at 08:01 AM..
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #7702
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
......... Now the question is jeff.... do you have the correct equipment to weld an aluminum housing or will i have to take it to a shop? if i want this axle to last it's going to have to be welded up first, before i slap it on, minus well no point in taking it on and off a couple of times. Thanks locked98gc for the link great info there!
I do not have aluminum welding ability. Need a MIG for that and a lot of skill, tends to be pricy.
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #7703
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

yeah i figured it would be but it sounds like a must apparently it's common that the flexing causes the bearings to wear out premature and can cause damage. I know another person that does have a mig let me talk to him see what i can work up. maybe i could borrow it from him... you think you have the skill if i can get the mig?
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #7704
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wow! TGIF!

Anyone know how much it is to mount and balance tires on base at the hobby shop?
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #7705
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah i figured it would be but it sounds like a must apparently it's common that the flexing causes the bearings to wear out premature and can cause damage. I know another person that does have a mig let me talk to him see what i can work up. maybe i could borrow it from him... you think you have the skill if i can get the mig?
I have not welded aluminum in over 20 years so I would not really want to practice on your axle.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #7706
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

So i'm a little confused on the Dana 44a is the axle shaft housing also aluminum or only the differential area? the reason i ask is i've been looking at the trussels being built for the axles and they seem to be usuing just regular steel not aluminum but they aren't welding the pumpkin part only welding the shaft housing area and then putting a steel bar across the top to strengthen it and use it as a skid. is this right? or is the entire axle aluminum?
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #7707
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Wow! TGIF!

Anyone know how much it is to mount and balance tires on base at the hobby shop?
TGIF is right

Have not heard back from Steve re: metal shopping; I sent him a text msg yesterday. Can't speak for his budget but he needs to replace his rear crosspiece not matter what it costs, or quit carrying a spare tire.

Maybe I can run to national city a lunchtime today or go out to el cajon in the morning.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #7708
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So i'm a little confused on the Dana 44a is the axle shaft housing also aluminum or only the differential area? the reason i ask is i've been looking at the trussels being built for the axles and they seem to be usuing just regular steel not aluminum but they aren't welding the pumpkin part only welding the shaft housing area and then putting a steel bar across the top to strengthen it and use it as a skid. is this right? or is the entire axle aluminum?
IIRC it is only the pumpkin that is aluminum but don't quote me on that.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #7709
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
To my knowledge only the pumpkin is aluminum. We could probably make one but that is not something to be rushed into with out designs and plans and research. I have no idea what one costs to buy
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #7710
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
it is only the pumpkin that is aluminum.
too late, quoted

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.