San Diego Area - Page 508 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #7606
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
OK, so we need to plan for 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches. Do we wanna have everyone bring their own food or plan out all 6 and have people bring something for each?

I'll be bringing a tent and sleeping crap for myself. I also have a single burner propane grill I can bring. I have my large cooler and I have the foam cooler I can bring as well. Is there a fridge or larger cooler in the camper?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO CAMERA WITH A NIGHT VISION FEATURE ON IT? We have to get some good night video. I can also just slap an aux light on my video camera. I just thought I would ask.

I have another, random, question. I'll be grabbing 1 set of Daylighters this week and am wondering if I should grab a second set too. Is 1 gonna cut it or is 2 overkill?

The one thing we have to coordinate is firewood. It's too much trouble to lug it around and then bring it back, or not have enough.

Food is easy to manage too. We don't need 5 jumbo bags of chips but no one thought to bring salsa

I will certainly bring the wings cooker and stuff for that. Breakfast is easy, egg burritos. PB & J for trail lunch.

We still need a head count but it's a little soon to pin that down

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #7607
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
where is everyone? steve and jimmy have earned a day off but the rest of San Diego jeepers have fallen off the face of the earth.
I'm hiding in Oxnard again. I'm sort of working a swing shift thing right now.

You guys have fun out there.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #7608
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

BTW: Just for chits & giggles, with my truck & camper fully stocked/loaded, trailer with Jeep in haul with all my tools & spare parts, cruising at ~65mph, anybody care to guess my mileage coming here?

You need to take into account my truck has nineteen hundred miles on it now & should get much better after ~30,000 more miles are on it.

Any guesses?
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #7609
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
BTW: Just for chits & giggles, with my truck & camper fully stocked/loaded, trailer with Jeep in haul with all my tools & spare parts, cruising at ~65mph, anybody care to guess my mileage coming here?

You need to take into account my truck has nineteen hundred miles on it now & should get much better after ~30,000 more miles are on it.

Any guesses?
I'm going to say 12 MPG.
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:20 AM   #7610
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have made a great observation. I apologize to any democrats now.

Barack Obama = Mr. Spock
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #7611
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dang, that's one heck of a good guess!

Actually, according to the onboard computer, I averaged 12.4 mpg's.

It'll be interesting to see how it does over the mountain passes between here to CO & back.
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:49 AM   #7612
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just roaming through a online shop and came across these. Been considering for a while getting some.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/26530

Seem good for the price? Its a pair, Side cupholders, storage space in back.

Neoprene.

My seats are leather where they don't cover.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 05-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #7613
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Those are pretty nice.

You could put lots of baby bottles, some diapers, baby wipes, maybe even a few stuffed toys or a Barney video in all those pockets.

Seriously, you could stuff all sorts of junk in all those pockets/holders/etc.

Nevermind me - I'm in one of my weird moods.
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:36 AM   #7614
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Those are pretty nice.

You could put lots of baby bottles, some diapers, baby wipes, maybe even a few stuffed toys or a Barney video in all those pockets.

Seriously, you could stuff all sorts of junk in all those pockets/holders/etc.

Nevermind me - I'm in one of my weird moods.
Maybe I can take out the back seat completely and my storage bin, throw in a changing station.

We could open an off road day care of sorts, drop 'em off early in the morning. Guaranteed shook up by noon.
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #7615
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

well I'm planning to head out there friday after work, if that's when most people are heading out. i'll be bringing some camping chairs, a cooler if we need it maybe we can team up jason, also i can run to costco and get some snacks too. and i have a little propane grille if peeps want to actually BBQ. Since i'm the only one here with a real jeep (wranglers) I can take the firewood, we can load up the back of my zj with all the wood we want. It can be expensive to pay for a decent amount of wood but i think we should all start looking on craigslist for free wood and start swooping on it then maybe on thursday before we leave everyone can bring their wood over to my place and i can load up the jeep. seems like a good idea. if people get pallets break them up before you bring it over i don't think my apartment complex would enjoy hearing grown men with BFH's wacking the heck out of wood all day. let me know if yon need my adress i can PM you the info
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #7616
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Just roaming through a online shop and came across these. Been considering for a while getting some.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/26530

Seem good for the price? Its a pair, Side cupholders, storage space in back.

Neoprene.

My seats are leather where they don't cover.
I had similar covers on my Cherokee and on an earlier Wrangler. They do hold a lot of cra, umm, stuff, but I found that they just got in the way. Not to mention that the pockets are about worthless while you're driving and in the long run I stuffed so much junk in there I had no idea what was where.

A much cheaper alternative you might consider, just in case you end up not wanting them, is Wally World. Walmart sells some seat covers with lots of pockets, black and gray nylon, they're about $20, look decent. If you want to try them out I still have one you can have and see if you like all them pockets or not.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #7617
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Maybe I can take out the back seat completely and my storage bin, throw in a changing station.

We could open an off road day care of sorts, drop 'em off early in the morning. Guaranteed shook up by noon.
There are lots of business opportunities. For example, we could start a service where if you break your axle you can drop it off and we will have it fixed and back on the road in just two months.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #7618
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
well I'm planning to head out there friday after work, if that's when most people are heading out. i'll be bringing some camping chairs, a cooler if we need it maybe we can team up jason, also i can run to costco and get some snacks too. and i have a little propane grille if peeps want to actually BBQ. Since i'm the only one here with a real jeep (wranglers) I can take the firewood, we can load up the back of my zj with all the wood we want. It can be expensive to pay for a decent amount of wood but i think we should all start looking on craigslist for free wood and start swooping on it then maybe on thursday before we leave everyone can bring their wood over to my place and i can load up the jeep. seems like a good idea. if people get pallets break them up before you bring it over i don't think my apartment complex would enjoy hearing grown men with BFH's wacking the heck out of wood all day. let me know if yon need my adress i can PM you the info
My 2 cents recommendations

good pallets are generally oak and are great firewood, but do have to be cut up. Rip down the middle with a skillsaw and pull them apart. Whole logs will burn for hours so you don't need too many, maybe 4 for each night.

sat and sun breakfast. Egg burritos. Need tortillas, bacon or sausage and eggs. Cheese, sour cream, hot sauce all optional. The cartons of egg beaters from costco are super cheap and equal 8 eggs each, so figure 4 servers per carton. No plates needed and no cleanup other than one pan.

sat/sunday lunch: one loaf of bread and a jar of goober grape. Lunch meat is fine but has to be kept cold so it's an extra problem.

sat dinner hamburgers/hot dogs. again no plates or utensils needed.

friday and/or saturday night chicken wings and assorted snacks.

the hamburger patties and the wings have to be kept frozen so I can handle all that together. We can parse out the rest as soon as we have a head count.

drinks are probably best left to the individual.

I always tend to over bring and over pack then unpacking the leftovers on sunday night is an extra chore.

was anyone here a quartermaster?
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #7619
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

TJ D30

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/662470206.html

We already know that this would be too much trouble to swap in the whole thing for me but I wonder if the carrier would fit in my existing housing? If so I could gear match my new rear and swap in the tj shafts.

Any thoughts?
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #7620
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My 2 cents recommendations

was anyone here a quartermaster?
I'll be rolling out Friday as well. As far as a head count goes, I believe its Steve, Jimmy, Jeff, Josh and myself. We should start planning with those numbers and any that join later can add additional supplies.

Jeff can you PM me your email address please

Quote:
TJ D30

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/662470206.html

We already know that this would be too much trouble to swap in the whole thing for me but I wonder if the carrier would fit in my existing housing? If so I could gear match my new rear and swap in the tj shafts.

Any thoughts?
I think the only way this would work is if your current axle is a LPD30. The cut of the ring gear may be different.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.