San Diego Area - Page 507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #7591
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I feel so lucky,

The speedometer gears for 1990 are marked as officially discontinued -_-

But the records show Dodge produces the same-ish ones still.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #7592
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
I feel so lucky,

check these links for info

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/speedometer-gears-pre-92-yj-534426/

search here too.

http://www.macromotive.com/

report your findings. Jason and I will need one too, eventually.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #7593
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I feel so lucky,

You're putting way to much effort into this. You aren't going to see that much of a difference. You might show 62 and actually be going 65. Let it go buddy.
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #7594
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

[QUOTE=NewBlue90;5179165]We didn't end up going through. Jeff and myself were low on fuel and we all ended up turning back. We had ventured down the trail after going up Palomar Mt, playing in the snow, driving through the Lake Henshaw area and then heading down to the desert. By then it was late and we had no go-juice. [QUOTE]

that brings up a great point are there gas stations close to where we are gong or we need to bring some reserve fuel out there seems like 2-3 days of wheeling and the drive out gonna have to use a little gas in reserve more then likely.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #7595
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
You're putting way to much effort into this. You aren't going to see that much of a difference. You might show 62 and actually be going 65. Let it go buddy.
good point. I only changed my oil about 600 miles ago and its already black so that mileage reading does not matter and speeding is certainly not an issue.

see if you can find an alternator wiring diagram for a 91 deville. I think the one I found will work but it's not for that specific year.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #7596
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does anyone else get the impression that we're the only ones reading that other SD thread besides the guy that started it?
no comments. well, we tried.

where is everyone? steve and jimmy have earned a day off but the rest of San Diego jeepers have fallen off the face of the earth.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #7597
slacker92104

<--------- The Squeeze.
Also: http://home.earthlink.net/~randroo/b.../107_0702.html
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #7598
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
check these links for info

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534426

search here too.

http://www.macromotive.com/

report your findings. Jason and I will need one too, eventually.
Well i know 4wd.com has up to size 32 for the 1990 and before.

That macromotive site says its gears fit but...it doesn't say how many teeth they are. Just that its "SPEEDOMETER GEARS" for 28$ -_- and I called and they no answer. But the picture is a short shaft gear so concerning.

I'm going to check Ebay and Craigslist.

And Jason is passionate about making me give up. By my estimation I'll be withing 1.5mph of my true speed. Which makes me happier than it saying Im +9mph (thats with a 32tooth, with the 30 is was +15mph).

Or I could just buy a new speedometer and tcase and make it easy and expensive and a hassle on myself.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #7599
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well i know 4wd.com has up to size 32 for the 1990 and before.

That macromotive site says its gears fit but...it doesn't say how many teeth they are. Just that its "SPEEDOMETER GEARS" for 28$ -_- and I called and they no answer. But the picture is a short shaft gear so concerning.

I'm going to check Ebay and Craigslist.

And Jason is passionate about making me give up. By my estimation I'll be withing 1.5mph of my true speed. Which makes me happier than it saying Im +9mph (thats with a 32tooth, with the 30 is was +15mph).

Or I could just buy a new speedometer and tcase and make it easy and expensive and a hassle on myself.
We all want you to give up. If you succeed then you will be better than us. That must not be allowed to happen. We will drag you back to our level at any cost so we can feel better about ourselves.

or

try here for info

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/zj/speedo/speedo.htm

here for gears

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/dodspeedgear.html

or here

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/sp...e_and_jeep.htm

Teeth Color Part Number
24 WHITE 3410024
25 BLUE 3410025
26 RED 2538926
27 WHITE 52068149
28 BLUE 52068150
29 BLACK 52068151
30 YELLOW 52068152
31 GREEN 52068153
32 BLACK 52068154
33 YELLOW 52068155
34 GREEN 52068156
35 ORANGE 52068157
36 RED 52068158
37 WHITE 52068159
38 BLUE 52068060
39 GREEN 52068061
40 ORANGE 52068062
41 RED 2538941
42 WHITE 2538942
43 BLUE 2538943
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #7600
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ah! I see how it is now!

Trying to hold me back xD

Was it Home Depot you got the Ubolts and Muffler mounts at? Cuz I wrote that down as the place. Otherwise I can drop by Napa and get them tmrw, since both are close by here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
We all want you to give up. If you succeed then you will be better than us. That must not be allowed to happen. We will drag you back to our level at any cost so we can feel better about ourselves.

or

try here for info

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/zj/speedo/speedo.htm

here for gears

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/dodspeedgear.html

or here

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/sp...e_and_jeep.htm

Last edited by Delta347; 05-05-2008 at 09:57 PM..
Unread 05-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #7601
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker92104 View Post
<--------- The Squeeze.
Also: http://home.earthlink.net/~randroo/b.../107_0702.html
Thats a great picture of that XJ!!

Aren't ZJ's and WJ's fatter too?
Unread 05-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #7602
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
that brings up a great point are there gas stations close to where we are gong or we need to bring some reserve fuel out there seems like 2-3 days of wheeling and the drive out gonna have to use a little gas in reserve more then likely.
I think the closest gas is Julian. Gas cans are a must unless you feel like making the trek back.
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #7603
StvDiego

Quote:
I think the closest gas is Julian. Gas cans are a must unless you feel like making the trek back.
Julian is close, next would be either the Blue Inn at Ocotillo Wells via Split Mountain/Fish Creek and the town of Ocotillo 30 mi south on the S-2 at I-8.

Coming out Pinyon Mt we'll be sorta close, relatively speaking, to Ocotillo Wells. Heading down to Diablo Dropoff and Valecito Creek we'll be closer to Ocotillo.

It's best to fill up in Julian if you're coming from that direction, or Ocotillo if coming from the south, and, if a gas run is necessary we could run down to Ocotillo, get gas and then make the run up Mortero Canyon from there and back to camp.

I'm bringing a fire pit and have extra tents, sleeping bags and coolers and everything else for any one in need.

My idea for Friday night is to settle in camp, do the campfire and and then do the morning run Saturday, a night run Saturday and then touristing on Sunday, maybe hit the mudcaves and Canyon Sin Nombre before heading home.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #7604
StvDiego

This Saturday, May 10th, B.F. Goodrich is hosting an event with SD 4Wheelers at Superstition Mt. OHV Area naming Superstition Mt. OHV as one of the US National Outstanding Trails.

There will be a run up Black Cat (3++) and a run on a 3 or lower rated trail to be named at 8:30am and an award ceremony following.

I'd like to go out, but, at $4 a gal... I think I'll save the $$$ for the 16th...

And, since B.F. Goodrich is the sponsor of the event there will be special pricing on B.F. Goodrich tires this Saturday, look for buy 3 get one free deals at ORW, Saturday only...
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #7605
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

OK, so we need to plan for 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches. Do we wanna have everyone bring their own food or plan out all 6 and have people bring something for each?

I'll be bringing a tent and sleeping crap for myself. I also have a single burner propane grill I can bring. I have my large cooler and I have the foam cooler I can bring as well. Is there a fridge or larger cooler in the camper?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO CAMERA WITH A NIGHT VISION FEATURE ON IT? We have to get some good night video. I can also just slap an aux light on my video camera. I just thought I would ask.

I have another, random, question. I'll be grabbing 1 set of Daylighters this week and am wondering if I should grab a second set too. Is 1 gonna cut it or is 2 overkill?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.