San Diego Area - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #7576
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Jason,

I will get over and pick up that axle tomorrow afternoon/evening. Sorry that I forgot to get it sooner.

Jimmy
It can stay here if ya need a place to store it. I just need to get it outta the truck.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #7577
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

hey guys i'm not going to bring my camper for the may16-18th trip. i was thinking about it and with those rising prices in gas it's not worth for me to drive all the way to my parents to pick it up and have to take it all the way back kinda pointless for just a friday saturday sunday trip so i'm going to rough it in the jeep like i normally do camp just drop the seats and bam it's a bead haha.

Does everyone need to bring there own grille or can we just team up with some peeps no need to bring a ton of stuff if everyone can use the same thing same with firewood etc. Should we just get a list together and people can list what they are bringing in case things get redundant and just take up space. you know some one can bring a couple cases of water someone can bring hamburgers some one hot dogs etc... just an idea what do you guys say?

oh incase you wondering i would have to drive to laguna beach to pick it up free storage there at my parents haha but if we ever take trips up north or for longer then a couple of days then i'll bring it next time.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #7578
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
......... Does everyone need to bring there own grille or can we just team up with some peeps no need to bring a ton of stuff if everyone can use the same thing same with firewood etc. Should we just get a list together and people can list what they are bringing in case things get redundant and just take up space. you know some one can bring a couple cases of water someone can bring hamburgers some one hot dogs etc... just an idea what do you guys say? ........

Yes. Last time we ended up with barely enough firewood and WAY too much food.

Probably too early to start a list until we have a head count.

How about if everyone sends a PM to me or steve if you are coming. We can coordinate the list and then post a gear and food list.

send when you will be there
how many people
what you have to bring or want to bring to share
do you extra room to carry other stuff for others, for example extra wood.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #7579
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

^^^Those are good ideas.^^^

That's the type thing I often do with certain groups of wheelers I team up with. We post what we're bringing & have set a few ground rules so that it's much better for everyone. That way you don't get too much water & not enough beer.

I can't blame you on the camper thing. A tent & sleeping bag should work just fine.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #7580
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lets plan out the trip first. Thats going to have an effect on when I show. If we are gonna do something Friday night I'll be there then. If not, I'll roll out Saturday morning.

What runs are planned and when? Any night runs?
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #7581
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Lets plan out the trip first. Thats going to have an effect on when I show. If we are gonna do something Friday night I'll be there then. If not, I'll roll out Saturday morning.

What runs are planned and when? Any night runs?

Steve is going out friday and I will too.

I like the idea of a SD Runs Only thread but now we have two places to look at for organizing.

There is also the yahoo group that we never used for anything. Maybe that can serve some purpose as well as the jeepforum group. Maybe post the run info on the other thread and to keep the chit chat to a minimum do the organizing elsewhere.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ericsjeep/

http://groups.jeepforum.com/San_Diego_Jeeps
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #7582
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think this is a bad area to plan the trip. Leave the other thread to post the confirmed plans (the SD Runs only thread).

So far the only thing we know is that its the weekend of the 16-18 and Josh isn't bringing his camper.
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #7583
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Pinyon Mt., Blair Valley overnight run, May 16-18, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're ready for another overnight trip. Next up is Little Blair Valley in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Blair Valley is off the S-2, a few miles south of the 78 or about 30 miles north of the I-8, easy to to get to from either direction. Easiest way to get there is through Julian, down the hill, turn right at Scissors Crossing at the S-2.

I will be at Blair Valley Friday afternoon and set up a site and plan to break camp late Sunday afternoon. I'll be putting a sign up at the entrance to Blair Valley with a glow-stick after dark for anyone coming late and I'll have a blue flashing light on the top of the RV for a locater.

This is remote, dry camping, no services are available, although there are "permanent" restrooms near-by. Access is relatively easy, larger RV's can get back in quite a ways. If you're bring an RV let me know and I'll set up closer to the road and find a spot with a level RV spot. Ground fires are not allowed so bring a metal, above-ground container if you want a campfire.

We will be close to Stagecoach campground (full hook-ups, pool and grocery store) and Aqua Caliente campground (full hook-ups, spa, store) if you want to bring an RV, you can also get a day pass for Aqua Caliente campground where there are showers and a hot springs spa.

Trails runs planned are Pinyon Mt (The Squeeze and Heart Attack hill), usually rated a 3. The "3" portion is actually a short run, maybe a mile or two, but it's a lot of fun. Some minor body damage is possible, especially to anything larger than a Wrangler, new JK's will scrape flares at the Squeeze. We will do lunch on the trail and then run down Fish Creek, up Diablo Dropoff, try to run up Sandstone Canyon if time permits.

If Vallecito Creek isn't too smelly we can play in the mud and visit the old stage stop and try to take a side-trip to the mud caves at Arroyo Seco Del Diablo and Arroyo Tapiado on Sunday. We may also try to get in a short night run down Mortero Wash and Pipkorn Slot on Saturday night.

It's gonna be fun, let me know if you can make the overnight or just the run.
Attached Images

Looks like you should know more than that Nice write up Steve

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #7584
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone else get the impression that we're the only ones reading that other SD thread besides the guy that started it?
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #7585
JPJeeper

Get An Sd Area

When the Colorado thread got huge, they created a special place just for them.

It has multiple boards and a run section..

One of you paying members write to the ops here and get SD it's own area.... SOLUTIONS provide by the crusty old jeeper....
1975 J20 Jeep Truck
1967 J3000 Jeep Truck
JPJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #7586
AdamORW
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bronco Peak

Well guys, Bronco peak was a good time, sorry none of you guys made it. we met at 4 corners at 8:15am and hit the trail at 8:30. the trail was pretty well stacked Im guessing from the group on saturday but it was still fun none the less. My buddy Jordan broke his pass side front u-joint on one of the loopsticles about 3/4 of the way to the top and we had to drag him out in 2wd. all in all a beautiful day and a good trail.

P.S. Steve, I got some blue stickers for you. they are in my Jeep waiting for you. haha
Unread 05-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #7587
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

So i see that steve plans to do the squeez... i'm pretty sure my ZJ probably wont make it through there, is there a place to by pass and meet you on the other side or am i going to have to park and ride along whats the plan on that part of the run?
Unread 05-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #7588
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
So i see that steve plans to do the squeez... i'm pretty sure my ZJ probably wont make it through there, is there a place to by pass and meet you on the other side or am i going to have to park and ride along whats the plan on that part of the run?
You'll fit. It won't be pretty though. Kory was going to try it last trip but didn't end up going through it.

No bypass out there either. You can ride with me rookie
Unread 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #7589
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
You'll fit. It won't be pretty though. Kory was going to try it last trip but didn't end up going through it.

No bypass out there either. You can ride with me rookie
so what did kory do back track or did you guys all go down and then back or did kory leave his pig at camp and ride along? if i'm in your wrangler i'm taking my helmet haha
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #7590
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

We didn't end up going through. Jeff and myself were low on fuel and we all ended up turning back. We had ventured down the trail after going up Palomar Mt, playing in the snow, driving through the Lake Henshaw area and then heading down to the desert. By then it was late and we had no go-juice.

EDIT: This is all of us stacked up right at the beginning of the squeeze

Last edited by Jeebs; 05-05-2008 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Add picture
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.