San Diego Area - Page 504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 05-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #7546
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think Josh is bringing his pop-up trailer. He should be able to bring it as far as you park yours without issue.

I'm debating whether or not to order the lift and hope to have it installed by then or just wait until after.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #7547
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
I think Josh is bringing his pop-up trailer. He should be able to bring it as far as you park yours without issue.

I'm debating whether or not to order the lift and hope to have it installed by then or just wait until after.
The trailer should be no prob, I'm towing my Jeep in there with the RV and I've seen 30'+ Class A RV's get back way back in there, as long as the road is in good condition...

Order the lift, we can put in before you go...
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #7548
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My RTV skills are lacking..... both axles have a slight leak now. What flavor RTV are you folks normally using?
Unread 05-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #7549
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Ok so I have had a problem with my power for a while obviously, hence the alternator. Now I haven't installed it yet, and assuming it wasn't God blessing my 7hr date with Jackie....

Would having found a quarter inch size ring shaped ground that wasn't tightened all the way and then tightened it so it actually touched the metal all the way...would that have fixed what looked like low-output from the voltage meter?

EDIT: Hey Jeff, any day this week (mon - fri) that we could put that bar in or fab the alternator together? (I get my new CB and Antenna Weds and forgot if there was anything you needed me to buy wire/resistor wise for the alternator.)

Home now.

Monday, wed or friday after work is free, so far. I bet fixing the ground fixes your charging problem.

BTW.

Flew right over corral canyon today. Those trails don't look tough at all, from 30,000 feet.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here

Last edited by jbolty; 05-04-2008 at 06:45 PM..
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #7550
StvDiego

Quote:
What flavor RTV are you folks normally using?
Permatex Ultra Black Hi-Temp

blackrtv.jpg  
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #7551
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Permatex Ultra Black Hi-Temp

well i think it's time for some guards for you diff, it must be leaking from getting hit all the time
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #7552
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

where exactly are we camping? the same spot that you already posted steve or we doing a little more rugged camping? also i have a generator and some flood lights for the campground area, should i bring those along or will there be hookups etc?
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #7553
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
well i think it's time for some guards for you diff, it must be leaking from getting hit all the time
Take the 1.99 on rtv and the 200 on front and rear riddlers, put that towards a 3.5" lift kit, most go for 500 or so, and sail right over those diff buster rocks. But then you'd have to get ya some 33's, bout 500 for some good ones, out the door. Then you'd have to extend your brake lines for 80 or 100 or so. Nah second thought spend the 1.99 on rtv, so when you sell it for a 6 cyl the guy won't see any leaks

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #7554
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
where exactly are we camping? the same spot that you already posted steve or we doing a little more rugged camping? also i have a generator and some flood lights for the campground area, should i bring those along or will there be hookups etc?
We're doing the dry camping in Blair Valley. Nothing there but dirt.

I'm hoping the weather cools a bit though. I'm not gonna be feeling to enthusiastic about going when its 95+ out there...

Unread 05-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #7555
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Home now.

Monday, wed or friday after work is free, so far. I bet fixing the ground fixes your charging problem.

BTW.

Flew right over corral canyon today. Those trails don't look tough at all, from 30,000 feet.
How about we reserve weds? I can scoot on down home from school, change, check for the CB+Antenna (I got a tail light mount antenna), pack it all in the jeep. And head on over once you get off work. Maybe grab some soda and grub for us during the job along the way since I will be taking back roads becuase 8 will be dead stop heading east.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #7556
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have a D30 for a TJ in my pickup that is free to the first person who comes and grabs it!!!! Ready to bolt in!
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #7557
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a D30 for a TJ in my pickup that is free to the first person who comes and grabs it!!!! Ready to bolt in!
FREE LOL thats about what it will take to get rid of that thing I'd sell mine if i could, so I could buy a new built d44,but no one will want it and its set up with 4:56, a riddler cover, and an aussie...

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #7558
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Keep it and start a coil over on 'ol blue.

What is it from? gears? You should be able to get some $$$ for it.
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #7559
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05moabTJ View Post
FREE LOL thats about what it will take to get rid of that thing I'd sell mine if i could, so I could buy a new built d44,but no one will want it and its set up with 4:56, a riddler cover, and an aussie...
Hold the phone, maybe I can use yours. I bought a YJ D30 last week because it had 4.11 in it and I am planning to regear it to 4.56.

There is more to the story but short version is that a D30 with 4.56 is what I need.
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #7560
slacker92104

Quote:
My RTV skills are lacking..... both axles have a slight leak now. What flavor RTV are you folks normally using?
I use the permatex aviation stuff. I use it with a gasket, and have never had a leak. Compared to the RTV that I feel like I had to re-do at least one out of three times. It's much easier to apply too. Applies with a brush that is included. I call it space goop.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...ant+-+Aviation

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.