San Diego Area - Page 500 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #7486
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
You need a 37 tooth gear for 4:11/32 (32 tooth works with 35" tires and 4:11's), or I suppose you could just get some 35's.

Mopar Part #52067632 (all speedo gears have the same part # except the last two #'s are the # of teeth on the gear)

Hi Jason, Hi Ari, Hi everybody esle

Lonely Moment Has Passed
Ok now I am super confused xD

When I do the formula it makes no sense, or is about 32.57adfhafhkaj So I was hoping my 32 tooth one was good. Then i found this about 20minutes ago: http://www.jeeptech.com/javaAps/Speedo.html and it says 34 tooth.

And you say 37 xD *head explodes*

Atleast I moved in the right direction. I had a 30 before. Don't I need a new drive gear for the T-case if i go 34 + tooth driven gear?

I trust you over a applet and my own crappy math skills. Just for reference, but feel stupid for wasting money on the wrong driven gear.

EDIT: that one site does say its 37 for 30inch and 4.11. And 34 for 4.11 30inch. sigh...the confusion why!!!

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

Last edited by Delta347; 04-30-2008 at 09:07 PM..
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #7487
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You could just leave that crap alone and just guestimate your speed. Hell, thats what most gauges in a YJ do anyway
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #7488
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
You could just leave that crap alone and just guestimate your speed. Hell, thats what most gauges in a YJ do anyway
While the speedometer doesn't bother me, I do want my odometer to be more accurate than not. Based on the jeeps history it says it has 92K miles when it probably has like 80% of that or whatever the difference is.

I actually had to explain the gauges to the guy I got the used axle from. He said "hey do you know why the gauges for oil, gas, and battery are always moving around and never stable?" and I simply said "Well its a YJ thing you see, the best way to put it is they are a broad estimate of the true measurements. Never trust them, just know that somewhere between the highs and lows is the real thing"
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #7489
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Also...

500 Mile errr Page Mark!

A new Milestone in San Diego - Jeep Forum history.

Unread 04-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #7490
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I only see 188 pages here.... :giggle:

EDIT: Got it down to 125 pages by changing it to 60 posts per page
Unread 04-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #7491
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
i could be possibly up for some wheeling on sunday depending on times and what not. anyone else thinking about going?
Ok so Jason and Josh and myself want to wheel, that only leaves Steve and Jimmy, Cory, Dan, Brandon, Nate, Premo, Joe, etc.... come on guys, lets do a big run this Sunday.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #7492
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05moabTJ View Post
Ok so Jason and Josh and myself want to wheel, that only leaves Steve and Jimmy, Cory, Dan, Brandon, Nate, Premo, Joe, etc.... come on guys, lets do a big run this Sunday.
Speaking of Premo..... I think I scared the **** outta him this afternoon in downtown! He was driving by me and I yelled "Jason!!" I really am the downtown stalker!
Unread 04-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #7493
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jason, I am working right down from you off of Poway rd. and Springhurst, right where we saw that car and trailer accident. I will try and get my axles from you on my lunch, I am 3 to 1130, so somewhere around 7ish tomorrow or Friday, or on Sunday if we can get a run organized.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #7494
merkur92
2002 WJ 

I wont be able to make it sunday.My mom is in town this week visiting,leaving on sunday,so i will be making a airport run.Have fun.
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #7495
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
I wont be able to make it sunday.My mom is in town this week visiting,leaving on sunday,so i will be making a airport run.Have fun.
Hey! You're still around! We were asking about ya yesterday. Don't be a stranger!
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #7496
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Hey! You're still around! We were asking about ya yesterday. Don't be a stranger!
hahah he only chats when he see's runs on the forums... huh cory is that how it is no love up in here?
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #7497
merkur92
2002 WJ 

No,just super busy.My boat should be done next weekend.I will take the jeepforum crew for a little cruise when i get it dialed in.Tomorrow i am pulling it out of the water,pulling both motors.Then i have 3 days to get the engine bay cleaned up,the outdrives cleaned and painted.the hull cleaned and new bottom paint.Buff and wax on the hull.Have to get that done by tuesday when the new motors are going in.I am never buying another boat.I thought my jeep was a money pitt,this thing is 10x the money pitt.
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #7498
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
I thought my jeep was a money pitt,this thing is 10x the money pitt.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RECREATIONAL VEHICLE TO DUMP MORE MONEY INTO ::: can't wait for the boat ride :
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #7499
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know how many teeth the drive gear in a stock t-case for a YJ has?

I've been looking for a little under an hour and can't find anything online.

Its the only thing I need to know to figure out the crazy calculation for the new driven gear. (the speedometer thing)
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #7500
AdamORW
2007 JK Wrangler 

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE! are you coming with us on sunday?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.