San Diego Area - Page 496 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #7426
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

hey ari that trac lock that steve gave you or you bought off him whichever it maybe, i was wondering if you'll need it anymore? it's exactly what i need for my rear end D35 3.73 gears but mine isn't limited slip so maybe we can trade... what ya say? or i can buy it off you for what ever you paid steve for it. let me know send me a PM

grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #7427
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
hey ari that trac lock that steve gave you or you bought off him whichever it maybe, i was wondering if you'll need it anymore? it's exactly what i need for my rear end D35 3.73 gears but mine isn't limited slip so maybe we can trade... what ya say? or i can buy it off you for what ever you paid steve for it. let me know send me a PM
Oh i passed it back to steve at the party. Unless he forgot it at jason's. I still have the Crosspin, bolt, and the driveshaft pinion for it though, forgot those were in the box, I knew something was missing.

If you want it check with him, though I am sure he will spot this, he seemed willing to part with it once, so Im sure you two can work out something.

Also grats on the lift, came out looking mighty fine!
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #7428
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Oh i passed it back to steve at the party. Unless he forgot it at jason's. I still have the Crosspin, bolt, and the driveshaft pinion for it though, forgot those were in the box, I knew something was missing.

If you want it check with him, though I am sure he will spot this, he seemed willing to part with it once, so Im sure you two can work out something.

Also grats on the lift, came out looking mighty fine!
hey thanks yup after the hard work we all put to put it in i must say i'm mighty please with everything and those who doubted the nitro shocks for being to stiff. let me just say there perfect definitely a bit stiffer then the "cadillac" shocks i had but not overly stiff and there is no axle hop or anything like that associated with overly stiff springs. So i'm glade that worked out cause i was a little nervous they would be to stiff.

Hey steve, you think i can take that trac lock off your hands?
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #7429
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Apparently Joe forgot what the "P" was in PM....

Yeah, I normally would not post what was mentioned in a PM. I'm not a kiss & tell kinda guy. But.....since they were my words & I was being too lazy at the time to retype the same exact thing again, I decided to do a copy & paste.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #7430
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here is the link to all of the pictures along with some 'before and afters'

There are no pictures of my cup holder.

Nice body carnage though.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #7431
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Found this at Costco if anyone is interested.

Good Deal. I got the older model on closeout for $39.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #7432
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That's good news about the Super axle Jeff. It should serve you well.

I may just have a trick or two left up my sleeve.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #7433
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jeff, want to throw yet another thanks your way.

I called that Gear place off of Ronson. They said they have had a case like mine before and Do have YJ gears and that I can either buy new ones based off the locker diameter (assuming i bring it in with me). Or I can have the sides from the second axle downsized or ground down, it was hard to hear.

I figure I would be best to just buy new ones, and discover what this axle I bought is geared for and repair the brakes on it (what i was asking for, though I will probably buy the kit for my own axle as well).

If we want to move the Jeep at this point, I am willing to do that. I will make the detour onto the 805 tmrw to drop by the axle shop to get the right parts. Any votes on which of those I should do?

EDIT: Just got an email from the PO:

"I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I bought the rear 35 off
of a guy that had a 4cyl that came with stock 4:11 gears; he had
installed the locker. I don't know anything else besides that; I'd
never even taken off the rear diff cover. Good luck!"
good news. if you can get new parts for the existing setup, do it. I never heard of grinding gears to fit, but I guess they know what they are doing. If you can sneak past the guards and get the parts back in there will be no need to tow it. We can fix the brakes at the next repair party. What condition is your e-brake cable? Those are pretty cheap, if you order them online.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #7434
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
That's good news about the Super axle Jeff. It should serve you well.

I may just have a trick or two left up my sleeve.
I'm excited about it. I will still go to pick-a-part and look for an 8.8 with 4.11 though. If I can get one for $80 then I will not have to regear the front. But either way I am GOOD TO GO.

Now I need to decide whether to go over or under. I am inclined to stick to 33's and stay under. No steering issues, no driveline issues, no messing with the front.

Plety of time to decide on that.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #7435
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
good news. if you can get new parts for the existing setup, do it. I never heard of grinding gears to fit, but I guess they know what they are doing. If you can sneak past the guards and get the parts back in there will be no need to tow it. We can fix the brakes at the next repair party. What condition is your e-brake cable? Those are pretty cheap, if you order them online.
Well I am sure you remember the condition the brake springs and setup all was or atleast have a general memory on it from when we tore it all apart way back when in CC. If not, its pretty ugly and rusted and weak.

As for my cable, I will need to check that, though I would feel better with a second opinion as I have never checked one before. I do know i need a new spring for the Ebrake pedal, it sags and flops around on its own and triggers the light which is annoying.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #7436
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I do know i need a new spring for the Ebrake pedal, it sags and flops around on its own and triggers the light which is annoying.
You might want to check to see if the dealership recall was ever done to your ebrake assembly which addresses this issue. It's a free deal to whoever owns the Jeep.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #7437
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I am sure you remember the condition the brake springs and setup all was or atleast have a general memory on it from when we tore it all apart way back when in CC. If not, its pretty ugly and rusted and weak.

As for my cable, I will need to check that, though I would feel better with a second opinion as I have never checked one before. I do know i need a new spring for the Ebrake pedal, it sags and flops around on its own and triggers the light which is annoying.

the main thing with the brake cable is if it moves freely. usually they get rusted in place from age and disuse.

I had to add a spring to my e-brake

brakes are easy and a real positve feedback item because the differnce is readily apparent.

Last edited by jbolty; 04-29-2008 at 12:38 AM..
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #7438
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
You might want to check to see if the dealership recall was ever done to your ebrake assembly which addresses this issue. It's a free deal to whoever owns the Jeep.
search here for recalls

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callsearch.cfm

or here.

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #7439
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Checked the sites, none of the recalls apply to me.

Cept the front brake line one, but I have new brake lines in a different position so they can't rub against the wheel.

and the recall on parking brakes is for manuals only.

Other stuff involves old aftermarket replacements.

I will stop by the gear shop tmrw after school. Then when i get home check the brake line.

By the way the flopping and sagging of the ebrake is only when it is disengaged. Its tight when i put it on. I think its just a warn spring on it. But i will check the rest for safety.
Unread 04-29-2008, 04:00 AM   #7440
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nobody wants to play @ 2AM???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.