San Diego Area - Page 492 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #7366
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Ari! I got my fingers crossed.

I may stop by on my way back up to Oxnard tomorrow & see what all the noise is about.

BTW: Is there an inspection for rental cars?

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #7367
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Naw, I just dropped-in.

Too bad you're not looking for a TJ D35 w/ARB 4.56 gears & Super 35 kit. This is being sold by a guy I know (aquaintence).

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=893846
hmmm. Do I want this? I could re-gear the d30 I bought last week to 4.56.

See you about 9. I have a mix of left over beers and soda.

I have 4 jack stands, Steve's compressor and related stuff.

I will bring a couple of fans.

Anything else?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #7368
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good Morning... Looks like we just might make it to Jason's before 10 AM..Well at least we are up and about.

C'ya all later today.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #7369
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Leaving soon, in like 10.

Bringing a gallon or so of water. I know steves bringing bottles so this might turn into the hand wash station. And my 5$ of course.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #7370
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Is anyone bring DONUTS..????

Yum Donuts..
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #7371
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I bringin my beerssss and leavin now...

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #7372
StvDiego

We're kinda on the way, and we'll stop at the "Voted Best Donuts in San Diego" near Jason's pick up a dozen and see if that's true or not.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #7373
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

leaving now. I need one of those trucks with the tools box doors along the sides.
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #7374
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Heading over there too. See you all in a bit.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #7375
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I didn't come back.

I just hate taking so much, and never being able to give back.

Though even when I can I still don't take. Like when I film the school dramas and concerts, the leads and director offer me access to the crew buffet, but I can't ever bring myself around to eating it even if I am hungry.

But A) Was that the worst end to Talladega or what? NO EPIC fanning out of the cars...for the lose....sigh

B) I got Free Phil's so I sorta got a BBQ none the less.

C) I got to take a depressed nap in my jeep.

D) Got to watch WWE Backlash. finally someone beats randy orton.

E) I'm calling SDG&A tmrw, if they don't have a D44,60 or 8.8 then I am getting another powertrax no-slip locker. I am over searching. Unless someone knows a cheap place selling new Spiders/Sides.

So depending on this, I'm guessing it is going to be 100$, 400$, or whatever the cost of an axle may be. Pray they have mercy on me, think they will take Starving Student as an answer?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #7376
slacker92104

You guys looking for axles might consider a call to John at Alameda truck salvage in El Paso. He has been able to find anything I need, and even with the shipping costs, I usually come out better than buying it here. for example, my transmission (ax-15) was $500 and shipping (on a greyhound bus!) was only $60.

915-860-8484

I always ask for John. I can't vouch for anyone else there, and I just call back if he isn't there.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #7377
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You worry too much. We are all happy to help, it's what jeep people do. You can payback by helping us wrench on our junk. Today you could have helped by running to the store a couple of times.

A = yes

B = Phil's

C = Jason is very willing to have your jeep parked at his place, or mine for that matter, we both have room. DO NOT let it get towed, that will run you another $300.

D = not my thing

E= Just get the gears. SD gear might have some used but if not the money would be better spent on new ones. If you get another locker you will break an axle again, bet on it.

F: Just get the right gears and get mobile. As you know, we are all in axle scavenging mode right now so your turn for an upgrade will come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Sorry I didn't come back.

I just hate taking so much, and never being able to give back.

Though even when I can I still don't take. Like when I film the school dramas and concerts, the leads and director offer me access to the crew buffet, but I can't ever bring myself around to eating it even if I am hungry.

But A) Was that the worst end to Talladega or what? NO EPIC fanning out of the cars...for the lose....sigh

B) I got Free Phil's so I sorta got a BBQ none the less.

C) I got to take a depressed nap in my jeep.

D) Got to watch WWE Backlash. finally someone beats randy orton.

E) I'm calling SDG&A tmrw, if they don't have a D44,60 or 8.8 then I am getting another powertrax no-slip locker. I am over searching. Unless someone knows a cheap place selling new Spiders/Sides.

So depending on this, I'm guessing it is going to be 100$, 400$, or whatever the cost of an axle may be. Pray they have mercy on me, think they will take Starving Student as an answer?
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #7378
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think I will give a call to the guy slacker mentioned. Just to get prices on D44,D60,F8.8

Simply because:
I will be getting paid within a month for the wrestling.
Atleast 15 discs will sell.
Probably no more than 30 total will.

It is 40$ per disc. So that will get me 600$ - 1200$

Plus I get a work fee of 100$ + A yet to be announced but insured bonus. (Did 80hours of work for this dang disc.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I do make atleast 700$ I suppose: Gears, Distributor, Winch.

If I get more in the high end range, maybe just buy an axle if I can find a good price.

Sound like a plan at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You worry too much. We are all happy to help, it's what jeep people do. You can payback by helping us wrench on our junk. Today you could have helped by running to the store a couple of times.

A = yes

B = Phil's

C = Jason is very willing to have your jeep parked at his place, or mine for that matter, we both have room. DO NOT let it get towed, that will run you another $300.

D = not my thing

E= Just get the gears. SD gear might have some used but if not the money would be better spent on new ones. If you get another locker you will break an axle again, bet on it.

F: Just get the right gears and get mobile. As you know, we are all in axle scavenging mode right now so your turn for an upgrade will come soon enough.
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #7379
slacker92104

If nothing else John saves you the hassle of finding the part.
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #7380
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
I think I will give a call to the guy slacker mentioned. Just to get prices on D44,D60,F8.8

Simply because:
I will be getting paid within a month for the wrestling.
Atleast 15 discs will sell.
Probably no more than 30 total will.

It is 40$ per disc. So that will get me 600$ - 1200$

Plus I get a work fee of 100$ + A yet to be announced but insured bonus. (Did 80hours of work for this dang disc.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I do make atleast 700$ I suppose: Gears, Distributor, Winch.

If I get more in the high end range, maybe just buy an axle if I can find a good price.

Sound like a plan at all?
You are so not ready for the added expense of upgrading to a D44, 8.8 or anything like that; done right it can easily run into thousands and takes months of research to get it right unless you can do all the work yourself, or for free.

Research is good, but for now just get mobile and if not that figure out a way to get the jeep towed here or Jason's. Join AAA if you have to.

You don't need a winch now, that means battery upgrade, wiring, winch plate and who knows what else.

patience young grasshopper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.