San Diego Area - Page 492 - JeepForum.com

 32Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7366 of 40523 Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
 
Joe Dillard's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lexington Park
Posts: 13,239
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Ari! I got my fingers crossed.

I may stop by on my way back up to Oxnard tomorrow & see what all the noise is about.

BTW: Is there an inspection for rental cars?

Joe Dillard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7367 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,070
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Naw, I just dropped-in.

Too bad you're not looking for a TJ D35 w/ARB 4.56 gears & Super 35 kit. This is being sold by a guy I know (aquaintence).

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=893846
hmmm. Do I want this? I could re-gear the d30 I bought last week to 4.56.


See you about 9. I have a mix of left over beers and soda.

I have 4 jack stands, Steve's compressor and related stuff.

I will bring a couple of fans.

Anything else?

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #7368 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 AM
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler
 
CRAWLING 98's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SanDago
Posts: 2,545
Good Morning... Looks like we just might make it to Jason's before 10 AM..Well at least we are up and about.

C'ya all later today.

Group W Bench
CRAWLING 98 is offline  
post #7369 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Leaving soon, in like 10.

Bringing a gallon or so of water. I know steves bringing bottles so this might turn into the hand wash station. And my 5$ of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #7370 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:30 AM
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler
 
CRAWLING 98's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SanDago
Posts: 2,545
Is anyone bring DONUTS..????

Yum Donuts..

Group W Bench
CRAWLING 98 is offline  
post #7371 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 AM
05moabTJ
Registered User
 
05moabTJ's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Albuquerque,NM
Posts: 549
I bringin my beerssss and leavin now...

Synergy 3" Phase 3,FOX,TOYOs 37",TrailReady 17HD Beads,RCV shafts,Yukon 5.13



05moabTJ is offline  
post #7372 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
We're kinda on the way, and we'll stop at the "Voted Best Donuts in San Diego" near Jason's pick up a dozen and see if that's true or not.
StvDiego is offline  
post #7373 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,070
Garage
leaving now. I need one of those trucks with the tools box doors along the sides.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #7374 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Jeebs
Registered User
 
Jeebs's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Heading over there too. See you all in a bit.
Jeebs is offline  
post #7375 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Sorry I didn't come back.

I just hate taking so much, and never being able to give back.

Though even when I can I still don't take. Like when I film the school dramas and concerts, the leads and director offer me access to the crew buffet, but I can't ever bring myself around to eating it even if I am hungry.

But A) Was that the worst end to Talladega or what? NO EPIC fanning out of the cars...for the lose....sigh

B) I got Free Phil's so I sorta got a BBQ none the less.

C) I got to take a depressed nap in my jeep.

D) Got to watch WWE Backlash. finally someone beats randy orton.

E) I'm calling SDG&A tmrw, if they don't have a D44,60 or 8.8 then I am getting another powertrax no-slip locker. I am over searching. Unless someone knows a cheap place selling new Spiders/Sides.

So depending on this, I'm guessing it is going to be 100$, 400$, or whatever the cost of an axle may be. Pray they have mercy on me, think they will take Starving Student as an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #7376 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:41 PM
slacker92104
Registered User
 
slacker92104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 923
You guys looking for axles might consider a call to John at Alameda truck salvage in El Paso. He has been able to find anything I need, and even with the shipping costs, I usually come out better than buying it here. for example, my transmission (ax-15) was $500 and shipping (on a greyhound bus!) was only $60.

915-860-8484

I always ask for John. I can't vouch for anyone else there, and I just call back if he isn't there.

'81 CJ5, efi 302, AX-15 5 spd, On Board Air, wrangler spring conversion, Astro van Hydro Brakes.
Soon: Custom cut Dana 44 front, wide trac solid axle amc 20 rear, SOA,
slacker92104 is offline  
post #7377 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,070
Garage
You worry too much. We are all happy to help, it's what jeep people do. You can payback by helping us wrench on our junk. Today you could have helped by running to the store a couple of times.

A = yes

B = Phil's

C = Jason is very willing to have your jeep parked at his place, or mine for that matter, we both have room. DO NOT let it get towed, that will run you another $300.

D = not my thing

E= Just get the gears. SD gear might have some used but if not the money would be better spent on new ones. If you get another locker you will break an axle again, bet on it.

F: Just get the right gears and get mobile. As you know, we are all in axle scavenging mode right now so your turn for an upgrade will come soon enough.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Sorry I didn't come back.

I just hate taking so much, and never being able to give back.

Though even when I can I still don't take. Like when I film the school dramas and concerts, the leads and director offer me access to the crew buffet, but I can't ever bring myself around to eating it even if I am hungry.

But A) Was that the worst end to Talladega or what? NO EPIC fanning out of the cars...for the lose....sigh

B) I got Free Phil's so I sorta got a BBQ none the less.

C) I got to take a depressed nap in my jeep.

D) Got to watch WWE Backlash. finally someone beats randy orton.

E) I'm calling SDG&A tmrw, if they don't have a D44,60 or 8.8 then I am getting another powertrax no-slip locker. I am over searching. Unless someone knows a cheap place selling new Spiders/Sides.

So depending on this, I'm guessing it is going to be 100$, 400$, or whatever the cost of an axle may be. Pray they have mercy on me, think they will take Starving Student as an answer?

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #7378 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
I think I will give a call to the guy slacker mentioned. Just to get prices on D44,D60,F8.8

Simply because:
I will be getting paid within a month for the wrestling.
Atleast 15 discs will sell.
Probably no more than 30 total will.

It is 40$ per disc. So that will get me 600$ - 1200$

Plus I get a work fee of 100$ + A yet to be announced but insured bonus. (Did 80hours of work for this dang disc.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I do make atleast 700$ I suppose: Gears, Distributor, Winch.

If I get more in the high end range, maybe just buy an axle if I can find a good price.

Sound like a plan at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You worry too much. We are all happy to help, it's what jeep people do. You can payback by helping us wrench on our junk. Today you could have helped by running to the store a couple of times.

A = yes

B = Phil's

C = Jason is very willing to have your jeep parked at his place, or mine for that matter, we both have room. DO NOT let it get towed, that will run you another $300.

D = not my thing

E= Just get the gears. SD gear might have some used but if not the money would be better spent on new ones. If you get another locker you will break an axle again, bet on it.

F: Just get the right gears and get mobile. As you know, we are all in axle scavenging mode right now so your turn for an upgrade will come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #7379 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
slacker92104
Registered User
 
slacker92104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 923
If nothing else John saves you the hassle of finding the part.

'81 CJ5, efi 302, AX-15 5 spd, On Board Air, wrangler spring conversion, Astro van Hydro Brakes.
Soon: Custom cut Dana 44 front, wide trac solid axle amc 20 rear, SOA,
slacker92104 is offline  
post #7380 of 40523 Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,070
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
I think I will give a call to the guy slacker mentioned. Just to get prices on D44,D60,F8.8

Simply because:
I will be getting paid within a month for the wrestling.
Atleast 15 discs will sell.
Probably no more than 30 total will.

It is 40$ per disc. So that will get me 600$ - 1200$

Plus I get a work fee of 100$ + A yet to be announced but insured bonus. (Did 80hours of work for this dang disc.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I do make atleast 700$ I suppose: Gears, Distributor, Winch.

If I get more in the high end range, maybe just buy an axle if I can find a good price.

Sound like a plan at all?
You are so not ready for the added expense of upgrading to a D44, 8.8 or anything like that; done right it can easily run into thousands and takes months of research to get it right unless you can do all the work yourself, or for free.

Research is good, but for now just get mobile and if not that figure out a way to get the jeep towed here or Jason's. Join AAA if you have to.

You don't need a winch now, that means battery upgrade, wiring, winch plate and who knows what else.

patience young grasshopper

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome