San Diego Area - Page 491 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #7351
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
OK Here is the plan for tomorrow:

Showtime: 9:00AM, Poway. Anyway, let me know if you are planning on coming, if you are eating and what drinks you are bringing!

Here is the list of "to-do's" that I have:

Jimmy: Tires all crooked (ball joints?)
Steve: Bump stops, BL?
Josh: Lift, belly pan, CB antenna, transmission drain and bands adjust, push rod check and rocker arms, exhaust leak, buy Wrangler with V8
Eric: Steering bearing
Jeff: Transmission pan swap
Paul: Axle swap (unless they sell quickly)

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Also my tranny fluid change,cb antenna relocate, and most important a sticker application to the under hood, I will eat and bring a 12 of miller lite.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #7352
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
OK Here is the plan for tomorrow:

Showtime: 9:00AM, Poway.
We are going to be doing a BBQ. Rather than having people bring stuff we are just asking that each person that plans on eating bring $5 to cover the grub. Sorry, I can't afford to feed all you pigs! Also, its BYOB (or whatever it is you drink).

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Soooo let me see, a planned start time and place, a participation fee, a lunch,and a minimum requirement to participate. Do we all have to go through inspections to??

Sounds ALOT like a, dare I say it, C L U B
Sorry that was to easy, I'll be the first in line.

Unread 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #7353
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05moabTJ View Post
Soooo let me see, a planned start time and place, a participation fee, a lunch,and a minimum requirement to participate. Do we all have to go through inspections to??

Sounds ALOT like a, dare I say it, C L U B
Sorry that was to easy, I'll be the first in line.

Make sure you have a fire ext and battery tie-down.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #7354
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Ok so I am gonna head out to San Carlos, this guy on Craigslist is gonna sell me a damaged D35 axle he has. I am gonna open it up and make sure the internals are fine before sealing the deal. But 100$ for 1 D35 that just needs some fixing on the right side, I think thats good.
I saw that one.I would not offer more than $25 for it, offer to take it to the dump for him for free,
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #7355
PR1AWRet
1995 XJ Cherokee 

On my D35 that I replaced. Cut the ZJ brackets off and sent them to someone for shipping cost. Pulled the axles and gave to Eric for spares and trashed the rest. Thats about how much they are worth.

Ordered a SYE for the pig, WOOT. Hi angle CV and long splines for the DS.
PR1AWRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #7356
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I paid 50$ for it, I talked it over with the guy how he came across it. He paid 200$ and got ripped off because the side turned out to be ruined (sent a friend to pay and pick it up, ******* of a friend didn't realize it was trashed).

Doubt he lied, he is a Highway Patrol officer.

Anyways the insides are fine. Now I am looking into this Torin 5K lb winch a guy is selling in box for 50$....I want to see it in person because their is something wrong about that deal. 5000lbs for 50$ and I have never seen a TORIN 4x4 winch before sooo a bit concerned. But if it is the real deal then i guess it beats paying 330$ for a Mile Marker 4500PE.

also the axle dude is selling his Black 4cyl Man YJ. Soft top. Speaker rack, THE BUCKET SEATS THAT STEVE WANTS. Aftermarket bumper. Carpeted (ewww). What looked like a new console. Hasn't used it in a year, due to a bad axle job on it, the housing came loose of the shafts and spins. He is having it replaced this week to sell. I said I would mention it. 2,000 - 4,000$.

He also had a funny story. I mentioned us and the corral canyon trip and he said "That is where I lost my hummer" first thing that popped into my mind is bronco peak and low and behold he said his hummer slipped, slided, flipped, and rolled down the peak. Totaled. And thats my
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #7357
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyways the insides are fine. Now I am looking into this Torin 5K lb winch a guy is selling in box for 50$....I want to see it in person because their is something wrong about that deal. 5000lbs for 50$ and I have never seen a TORIN 4x4 winch before sooo a bit concerned. But if it is the real deal then i guess it beats paying 330$ for a Mile Marker 4500PE.

If you are planning on bolting it to the front of your YJ it won't be enough. You need a minimum of DOUBLE your vehicle weight. In case your by yourself and get stuck and have to snatch block yourself out. If your not familiar with snatch blocking you should research it. I have a 8K lb winch and sometimes think I should of got a 9500 or 10K lb winch. MileMarker usually have deals or smittybilt has a new one both 8K lb for around $300. Costco also sells a 8K lb Champion brand for $200. 4500 ones are for Rhinos.

Unread 04-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #7358
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Doubt he lied, he is a Highway Patrol officer.

Yeah, because the law enforcement community is the epitome of honesty

The winch is probably going to leave much to be desired. I would pass. You already got ripped on an axle, don't get robbed twice in one weekend.
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #7359
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05moabTJ View Post
If you are planning on bolting it to the front of your YJ it won't be enough. You need a minimum of DOUBLE your vehicle weight. In case your by yourself and get stuck and have to snatch block yourself out. If your not familiar with snatch blocking you should research it. I have a 8K lb winch and sometimes think I should of got a 9500 or 10K lb winch. MileMarker usually have deals or smittybilt has a new one both 8K lb for around $300. Costco also sells a 8K lb Champion brand for $200. 4500 ones are for Rhinos.
If that Champion is reliable I will just get that. I have never and will never, go offroading alone. And whenever I have found the need for a winch, the issue was resolved with the tow strap my buddy carries. Now I just need to find my damn Costco card.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #7360
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, because the law enforcement community is the epitome of honesty

The winch is probably going to leave much to be desired. I would pass. You already got ripped on an axle, don't get robbed twice in one weekend.
I don't feel I got totally ripped on the axle. I was looking online, those gears in a set were 90-105$, plus the driver axle shaft is good so now i have 2 of those, just need to clean up the rust on the lugs. Sure we can turn some of it into welding scrap?

Yeah, imma pass on this winch, let some ATV person find and get it if anyone.
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #7361
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

*Shoots Self*

MY SOCKET 1/4in 12-Point doesnt have enough room to turn with the wrench attached.

And my BOX WRENCHES STOP at 3/8inch.

WHY JEEP GOD! WHY!!!

EDIT: I'm all alone on here aren't I?....

Last edited by Delta347; 04-26-2008 at 08:51 PM..
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #7362
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Naw, I just dropped-in.

Too bad you're not looking for a TJ D35 w/ARB 4.56 gears & Super 35 kit. This is being sold by a guy I know (aquaintence).

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=893846
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #7363
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff you going to bring any of those fans tmrw?
Or did you test them at all?
Sean was wondering.
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #7364
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
TJ D35 w/ARB 4.56 gears & Super 35 kit. This is being sold by a guy I know (aquaintence)[/URL]

That is an awesome buy, the ARB is worth way more than that alone.

So anyway, will be at Jason's sometime in the AM around 9 for tech inspection, sign-up and pay the participation fees. Do we get a dash plaque or decal??

Bringing Rolling Rock, Pepsi and two cases of ORW water, koozies and decals (thanks Adam). Do we need ice or another cooler?

I picked up a three-way manifold for the air beast, bringing an extra air hose & connectors & gadgets, large jack stands, Jeff's bring more air tools so we should be able to run multiple air tools at the same time. make it sound like a NASCAR pitstop out there.

And I have pipe tap set for Jeff.

And, a 13" color TV to donate to the garage (have to watch Junior win tomorrow)
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #7365
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wish i could say I was bringing much, besides maybe a truck bed with a shallow pool of gear oil, a broken D35, a socket set, and a headache ^_^

Yes Im so bored, I've been in the forum for the last 5 hours straight.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.