San Diego Area - Page 456 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #6826
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Who does night runs???? That's beer drinkin' time!
I would like to do another Corral Canyon trip with at least one overnight and run Sidewinder with the group at night, maybe a Saturday, and if Paul comes down run at least three Jeeps up Bronco Peak Bypass from the campground (daytime run - lockers -preferably hard lockers- and at least 3"s of lift a must), that should cause some body damage

And then drink beer

StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #6827
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I for sure want to go tomorrow.

Hope I can find something 4.11 >.> Must...get...mobile...

Plus I'm over driving the Ranger 7 days a week, power steering to good, gas peddle too cooperative, breaks work, a/c, radio...pssst its too friendly I like something that fights back like the YJ.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #6828
redalert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We could do Wrecking Ball (shown below). It doesn't have to be Sledge, Claw, or Jack Hammer.

Wrecking Ball is quite a nice trail & has some real nice challenges.

Lots of the comp buggies & big dogs roll end over end backwards in this exact same spot. I drove up it without a winch my very first time. I took a winch the second time and would like to try it again without a winch.

BTW: It's a very steep incline before you even get to this spot.

Here's the approach:

Here I'm driving it but notice the winch line is not tight or being used.

Damn that looks crazy! I would probably poop my pants trying to go up that trail.
redalert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #6829
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post

Plus I'm over driving the Ranger 7 days a week, power steering to good, gas peddle too cooperative, breaks work, a/c, radio...pssst its too friendly I like something that fights back like the YJ.
I'm just going to put this out there since it seems you want to get mobile fast. If you cannot find something that will bolt in reasonably fast I'll sell you my D35 from mine for $100. That'll give me the needed bump to get an 8.8 and I can stand mine being down for a few weeks. If that sounds ok with you, let me know ASAP because I would like to grab one this weekend.

EDIT: This is only if you want to get back on the road fast. If you wanna get a beefier axle and throw it in I'll help with that too.

Last edited by Jeebs; 04-11-2008 at 06:20 PM..
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #6830
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
I'm just going to put this out there since it seems you want to get mobile fast. If you cannot find something that will bolt in reasonably fast I'll sell you my D35 from mine for $100. That'll give me the needed bump to get an 8.8 and I can stand mine being down for a few weeks. If that sounds ok with you, let me know ASAP because I would like to grab one this weekend.

EDIT: This is only if you want to get back on the road fast. If you wanna get a beefier axle and through it in I'll help with that too.
I would take that deal in a minute.

Ari: gets you back on the trail in a matter or minutes.

Jason: gives you a prod to change your setup; and if you fall behind you can always get Ari's old axle back working as a temp fix.

Ari: the chance of finding a D35 at the junkyard is just about nil. Might find an explorer axle with 4:11 but still there are fitment issues no matter what so it is not a fast fix.

Me: All of this leaves more time for everyone for focus on my needs and my axles.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here

Last edited by jbolty; 04-11-2008 at 04:43 PM..
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #6831
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I would take that deal in a minute.

Ari: gets you back on the trail in a matter or minutes.

Jason: gives you a prod to change your setup; and if you fall behind you can always get Ari's old axle back working as a temp fix.

Ari: the chance of finding a D35 at the junkyard is just about nil. Might find an explorer axle with 4:11 but still there are fitment issues no matter what so it is not a fast fix.

Me: All of this leaves more time for everyone for focus on my needs and my axles.
x2

you can find Cherokee D35s, with 4:11's, sometimes, but you're still dealing with relocating the spring perches (the XJ is SOA), and you still have a D35 and so on, I'd go for it. We can swap out the whole axle in an hour or two and be back on the road so we can go back out and break it again

And then we can work on your old axle out from under the Jeep, maybe piece it back together and hang onto it as a trail spare.

and no one really cares about Jeff's needs,

unless he's willing to do some welding, then we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY care, honest, we do, really, yeah, we do

Unread 04-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #6832
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
.........and no one really cares about Jeff's needs,

unless he's willing to do some welding, then we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY care, honest, we do, really, yeah, we do

you seem to forget that I have the wing fryer.
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #6833
slacker92104

Quote:

Well, I suppose morning is sometimes beer drinkin' time too depending on when you went to bed - or if you went to bed.
I do night runs! A buddy of mine has a break from his tour, and we're doing a marathon all afternoon/night/morning off road trip out to truckhaven with a stop at coyote canyon. Thanks for the info on the lights steve. I was sure I saw those all over the place. I'm stuck in tech rehearsals right now, and I can't find them on anybody's website (except 4wheelparts, and I won't shop there anymore)

Last edited by slacker92104; 04-11-2008 at 06:18 PM..
slacker92104 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #6834
StvDiego

Quote:

ohh, forgot about that

Now I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY care, a lot more than before, really
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #6835
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker92104 View Post
Thanks for the info on the lights steve. I was sure I saw those all over the place.
H4 conversions at Quadratec to give you an idea. Remember the Hella price is each, others are for two lights and you still have to buy the actual light bulbs...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...n&submit=Go%21

and still not a Quadratec fan. If you ever order from them do it on the phone, not on-line and only order form them if everything you want is in stock and will ship within 24 hours. Otherwise, be very, very, very patient. And then wait for UPS because you have to sign for the shipment.
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #6836
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ohh, forgot about that

Now I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY care, a lot more than before, really
AND I have the sweats that are the color considered the color of royalty.

Sadly though, I do not have the royal stone scepter.
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #6837
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Meh, I have one too. I just needs the welding skills and fashion tips.
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #6838
slacker92104

Quote:
H4 conversions at Quadratec to give you an idea. Remember the Hella price is each, others are for two lights and you still have to buy the actual light bulbs...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...n&submit=Go%21

and still not a Quadratec fan. If you ever order from them do it on the phone, not on-line and only order form them if everything you want is in stock and will ship within 24 hours. Otherwise, be very, very, very patient. And then wait for UPS because you have to sign for the shipment.
Thanks. Off road warehouse is holding a pair for me. The Hella's seem to get better reviews than the others, and I'm a lighting tech, so I'm picky. As far as ordering stuff is concerned. 4wheelparts has pretty good service as long as you don't talk to anybody, and have it shipped to your house (which is super cheap since they are in LA).
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #6839
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Best wings in the desert , wings go REAL good with beers

Quote:
I think I'm set up for night runs and am up for one any time, then story tell over some cold beers

Quote:
I would like to do another Corral Canyon trip with at least one overnight and run Sidewinder with the group at night, maybe a Saturday, and if Paul comes down run at least three Jeeps up Bronco Peak Bypass from the campground (daytime run - lockers -preferably hard lockers- and at least 3"s of lift a must), that should cause some body damage

And then drink beer
I'll do that run again anytime, or 3A or the bypass or whatever is out there and stay over night with ya, so we can sit around the fire and drink cold beers wheelin and beers
I put my replacement shock on yesterday and got my new tags in the mail, and i'm heading out to big 5 now to get that year pass for $30. I'm back in business, I even have a complete tranny fluid change kit waiting for me, so if anyone is wrenchin this weekend i'm in.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #6840
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just so folks know - I was 1/2 kidding about doing the night runs. Although I seldom go on them these days. I lost count how many times a day run turned into a night run.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.