San Diego Area - Page 453 - JeepForum.com
 50Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6781 of 40828 Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
jeepshawn
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Encinitas
Posts: 37
borrego

anyone been out to borrego latly? im goin out this weekend
hows the weather been? they said its supposed to be nice this weekend

jeepshawn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6782 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Where did everyone go?

I know, you are all hiding.

It's a surprise party.










SURPRISE!




<<crickets>>

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6783 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
grandpapy
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Where did everyone go?

I know, you are all hiding.

It's a surprise party.










SURPRISE!




<<crickets>>

HAHAH i guess no one showed up but i'll celebrate with you

Hey jeff also you think we could get together maybe sunday some time? I wanna see if i can get this belly pan installed but don't know if it needs to be welded or we could fab up some mounting points. i can pick up some material before hand or you can take a look and we can decide what to get from there.
grandpapy is offline  
 
post #6784 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
........... before hand or you can take a look and we can decide what to get from there.

Sure. I have some stuff to do on sunday, not sure of the time though. I will let you know my availability as soon as I can. Let's look it over before getting any parts.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6785 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepshawn View Post
anyone been out to borrego latly? im goin out this weekend
hows the weather been? they said its supposed to be nice this weekend
A bunch of us went up Coyote Canyon but it was several weeks ago.

Have fun and report back.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6786 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM
grandpapy
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Sure. I have some stuff to do on sunday, not sure of the time though. I will let you know my availability as soon as I can. Let's look it over before getting any parts.
alright sounds good i'm free anytime sunday just a laundry and clean the apartment day so i'll PM my info so you can just give me a call.
grandpapy is offline  
post #6787 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
i was wondering if we could fab some kind of storage system/metal box. I was looking at the prices for a box that covers the truck area with the rear seat removed and they are in the $600 range. I need something for back there because my jeep is always open to prying eyes. JW

Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MooJr is offline  
post #6788 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
i was wondering if we could fab some kind of storage system/metal box. I was looking at the prices for a box that covers the truck area with the rear seat removed and they are in the $600 range. I need something for back there because my jeep is always open to prying eyes. JW
I have been thinking about that myself. If you want to eliminate the back seat all together then it would be easy to box it in

let's talk options.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6789 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
I would say remove it all together. My back seat is out 99% of the time anyway. I was thinking of 2 designs. 1 a big metal storage box or 2 more of like a cover that sits flush on the wheel wells and locks via the rear door.

I would think a cover would be alot cheaper by using less metal also if i carried any oversized equipment it can be lifted out easier

Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MooJr is offline  
post #6790 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
I would say remove it all together. My back seat is out 99% of the time anyway. I was thinking of 2 designs. 1 a big metal storage box or 2 more of like a cover that sits flush on the wheel wells and locks via the rear door.

I would think a cover would be alot cheaper by using less metal also if i carried any oversized equipment it can be lifted out easier

Two designes I am thinking of.

1. Cover the top and front and close the back with the tailgate. Optional lid to open from the front to get at it from the seat.

2. full box that would be removeable. Same basic design but would have sides and a bottom.

In either case I would probably use marine plywood and then cover with tin or outdoor carpet. Any metal thick enough to provide security would be expensive; though I have not specifically priced it out.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6791 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
I like the idea of plywood, should make it lighter and really easy to work with for a prototype. Maybe prime the wood and heculiner it? I would like to attach some kind of hinge to lift it up and hold it open to get things near the back.

Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MooJr is offline  
post #6792 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Vern Britain
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: El Centro
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepshawn View Post
anyone been out to borrego latly? im goin out this weekend
hows the weather been? they said its supposed to be nice this weekend
Be in the 90's. Its warm out here today..

Cant Dive 55

My Website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vern Britain is offline  
post #6793 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I have been thinking about that myself. If you want to eliminate the back seat all together then it would be easy to box it in

let's talk options.
My idea for a no back seat box is a channel mounted just below the top edge of the tub, marine plywood slides into the channel (easy to remove if needed) so the top of the wood is level with the edges of the tub (seems like it would work better on a YJ with the flat sides) and cut to fit, cover with indoor/outdoor/hercu, option to add tie down rings, etc; fab a front panel with the top half piano hinged to access from the front to get to tow straps, tools, etc with out having to open the rear door.

For mine, my current plan is to get new front seats and possibly move the front seats to the back or get bucketseats that will fit. Build a box to mount to the floor, hinged on both ends (front/back and lose the "trunk") and mount the seats to/through the box and add new seats, possibly Supra seats, in the front. Cover the box in indoor/outdoor or hercu it.

StvDiego is offline  
post #6794 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
My idea for a no back seat box is a channel mounted just below the top edge of the tub, marine plywood slides into the channel (easy to remove if needed) so the top of the wood is level with the edges of the tub (seems like it would work better on a YJ with the flat sides) and cut to fit, cover with indoor/outdoor/hercu, option to add tie down rings, etc; fab a front panel with the top half piano hinged to access from the front to get to tow straps, tools, etc with out having to open the rear door.

For mine, my current plan is to get new front seats and possibly move the front seats to the back or get bucketseats that will fit. Build a box to mount to the floor, hinged on both ends (front/back and lose the "trunk") and mount the seats to/through the box and add new seats, possibly Supra seats, in the front. Cover the box in indoor/outdoor or hercu it.


It canna be done, capt.
Attached Thumbnails
scotty.jpg  

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
post #6795 of 40828 Old 04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
looking at my jeep today the issues i see are the roll bars will be in the way for a slide in type thing. and where to stop the wood near the front seats sense the floor kind of curves around and you have to adjust for the seats movement.



Really rough but just a start

Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MooJr; 04-10-2008 at 05:57 PM.
MooJr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome