San Diego Area - Page 453 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #6781
jeepshawn
1999 TJ Wrangler 

borrego

anyone been out to borrego latly? im goin out this weekend
hows the weather been? they said its supposed to be nice this weekend

jeepshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #6782
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Where did everyone go?

I know, you are all hiding.

It's a surprise party.

SURPRISE!

<<crickets>>
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #6783
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Where did everyone go?

I know, you are all hiding.

It's a surprise party.

SURPRISE!

<<crickets>>

HAHAH i guess no one showed up but i'll celebrate with you

Hey jeff also you think we could get together maybe sunday some time? I wanna see if i can get this belly pan installed but don't know if it needs to be welded or we could fab up some mounting points. i can pick up some material before hand or you can take a look and we can decide what to get from there.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #6784
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
........... before hand or you can take a look and we can decide what to get from there.

Sure. I have some stuff to do on sunday, not sure of the time though. I will let you know my availability as soon as I can. Let's look it over before getting any parts.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #6785
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepshawn View Post
A bunch of us went up Coyote Canyon but it was several weeks ago.

Have fun and report back.
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #6786
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Sure. I have some stuff to do on sunday, not sure of the time though. I will let you know my availability as soon as I can. Let's look it over before getting any parts.
alright sounds good i'm free anytime sunday just a laundry and clean the apartment day so i'll PM my info so you can just give me a call.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #6787
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i was wondering if we could fab some kind of storage system/metal box. I was looking at the prices for a box that covers the truck area with the rear seat removed and they are in the $600 range. I need something for back there because my jeep is always open to prying eyes. JW
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #6788
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
i was wondering if we could fab some kind of storage system/metal box. I was looking at the prices for a box that covers the truck area with the rear seat removed and they are in the $600 range. I need something for back there because my jeep is always open to prying eyes. JW
I have been thinking about that myself. If you want to eliminate the back seat all together then it would be easy to box it in

let's talk options.
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #6789
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would say remove it all together. My back seat is out 99% of the time anyway. I was thinking of 2 designs. 1 a big metal storage box or 2 more of like a cover that sits flush on the wheel wells and locks via the rear door.

I would think a cover would be alot cheaper by using less metal also if i carried any oversized equipment it can be lifted out easier
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #6790
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
I would say remove it all together. My back seat is out 99% of the time anyway. I was thinking of 2 designs. 1 a big metal storage box or 2 more of like a cover that sits flush on the wheel wells and locks via the rear door.

I would think a cover would be alot cheaper by using less metal also if i carried any oversized equipment it can be lifted out easier

Two designes I am thinking of.

1. Cover the top and front and close the back with the tailgate. Optional lid to open from the front to get at it from the seat.

2. full box that would be removeable. Same basic design but would have sides and a bottom.

In either case I would probably use marine plywood and then cover with tin or outdoor carpet. Any metal thick enough to provide security would be expensive; though I have not specifically priced it out.
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #6791
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I like the idea of plywood, should make it lighter and really easy to work with for a prototype. Maybe prime the wood and heculiner it? I would like to attach some kind of hinge to lift it up and hold it open to get things near the back.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #6792
Vern Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepshawn View Post
Be in the 90's. Its warm out here today..

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #6793
StvDiego

Quote:
I have been thinking about that myself. If you want to eliminate the back seat all together then it would be easy to box it in

let's talk options.
My idea for a no back seat box is a channel mounted just below the top edge of the tub, marine plywood slides into the channel (easy to remove if needed) so the top of the wood is level with the edges of the tub (seems like it would work better on a YJ with the flat sides) and cut to fit, cover with indoor/outdoor/hercu, option to add tie down rings, etc; fab a front panel with the top half piano hinged to access from the front to get to tow straps, tools, etc with out having to open the rear door.

For mine, my current plan is to get new front seats and possibly move the front seats to the back or get bucketseats that will fit. Build a box to mount to the floor, hinged on both ends (front/back and lose the "trunk") and mount the seats to/through the box and add new seats, possibly Supra seats, in the front. Cover the box in indoor/outdoor or hercu it.

StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #6794
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
My idea for a no back seat box is a channel mounted just below the top edge of the tub, marine plywood slides into the channel (easy to remove if needed) so the top of the wood is level with the edges of the tub (seems like it would work better on a YJ with the flat sides) and cut to fit, cover with indoor/outdoor/hercu, option to add tie down rings, etc; fab a front panel with the top half piano hinged to access from the front to get to tow straps, tools, etc with out having to open the rear door.

For mine, my current plan is to get new front seats and possibly move the front seats to the back or get bucketseats that will fit. Build a box to mount to the floor, hinged on both ends (front/back and lose the "trunk") and mount the seats to/through the box and add new seats, possibly Supra seats, in the front. Cover the box in indoor/outdoor or hercu it.

It canna be done, capt.
scotty.jpg  
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #6795
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

looking at my jeep today the issues i see are the roll bars will be in the way for a slide in type thing. and where to stop the wood near the front seats sense the floor kind of curves around and you have to adjust for the seats movement.

Really rough but just a start

Last edited by MooJr; 04-10-2008 at 05:57 PM..
MooJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.