San Diego Area - Page 452 - JeepForum.com

 30Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6766 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
grandpapy
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
hey cory i'll take them off your hands i i have a 44 in back already but and the dana 30 i could take too you got limited slips in yours right? mine are both open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
His front is a 30. Even still you could keep everything as a spare. Same with the rear. Just keep it all and you'll have a spare everything.
that and i want to use the limited slips that are in them for my axles since mine are open that will help me especially when we get that lift on, which reminds me i got to call the place i ordered them see when they are coming in

grandpapy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6767 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Jeff, I'm thinking something like this for the outer bumper tie-ins using the existing holes:
Attached Thumbnails
tie-in1.JPG   tie-in2.JPG  
StvDiego is offline  
post #6768 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Jeebs
Registered User
 
Jeebs's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
getting rid of all that excess weight would improve the gas mileage. He should pay you to take it off.
I like your thinking! Plus the smaller tires will help gas mileage too. Sounds like a done deal to me.
Jeebs is offline  
post #6769 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Jeebs
Registered User
 
Jeebs's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Anyone need a 4" lift for a YJ? This is a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543165
Jeebs is offline  
post #6770 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
MooJr
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holly Ridge, NC
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Anyone need a 4" lift for a YJ? This is a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543165
Doesnt seem like a bad deal at all. Too bad im always so damn broke.

Your local neighborhood Noob - Nate
http://moojr.mybrute.com
MooJr is offline  
post #6771 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
merkur92
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 467
OK,if nothing else you wont be out any money,we will have to figure out when you can get them.

2002 Overland wj,JK rubicon dana 44s, np231, 6" rock krawler long arm lift,ARB front bumper,warn winch,JCR rock sliders,33" toyo M/T,s.
merkur92 is offline  
post #6772 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Made it home no problem. I will sell the parts on my jeep for 6000 bucks. Otherwise. no.

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #6773 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
grandpapy
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
OK,if nothing else you wont be out any money,we will have to figure out when you can get them.

Well jeff asked first so he can have first dibbs if he likes, You know elders always go firts

And i've been doing tons of research and i wont be able to use them not even as back ups, axles are longer then my zj's, bolt pattern is different, which means new rims my bolt pattern is smaller. i have a 4 link rear end yours possibly 3 is what i heard, also the LSD is built for WJ shafts since you have special shafts in it from the quadra drive package and i can't use any of it with my axles or pinion's etc.

so Thank you for the offer sorry i can't take them off you i was supper stoked when i thought i could use it but i guess not, minus well let someone use it who needs it but if you got some stock springs laying around from you WJ i can use those
grandpapy is offline  
post #6774 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Dumb question....YJ fuel filter is driver side near the fuel tank, mounted along the frame...

Does the 1990 not have one (or in a different location) or am I not seeing it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #6775 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,036
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Dumb question....YJ fuel filter is driver side near the fuel tank, mounted along the frame...

Does the 1990 not have one (or in a different location) or am I not seeing it....
up near the carb, inline

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #6776 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,036
Garage
way too wide for me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
Well jeff asked first so he can have first dibbs if he likes, You know elders always go firts

And i've been doing tons of research and i wont be able to use them not even as back ups, axles are longer then my zj's, bolt pattern is different, which means new rims my bolt pattern is smaller. i have a 4 link rear end yours possibly 3 is what i heard, also the LSD is built for WJ shafts since you have special shafts in it from the quadra drive package and i can't use any of it with my axles or pinion's etc.

so Thank you for the offer sorry i can't take them off you i was supper stoked when i thought i could use it but i guess not, minus well let someone use it who needs it but if you got some stock springs laying around from you WJ i can use those

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #6777 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
way too wide for me also.
Whens the next bumper attack night? And what do we need to do?

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #6778 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,036
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Whens the next bumper attack night? And what do we need to do?

we need to cut in the other shackle mount and weld both. That will take about an hour.

Then we should have the jeep there for measurement and weld on the mounting tabs. That's it.

We could do it without the jeep there but I would feel better about a good fit by doing it right in place since we have to work around the winch plate.

Next step; powder coat.


I am pretty booked this weekend but could maybe do it friday night or sunday night or any time next week.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #6779 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
4 Hours Later....

Its soooo quiet in here.

Someone break the ice, errr well, bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #6780 of 40472 Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,036
Garage
Well Ari and I spent a couple of hours tonight trying to get his locker out.

FAIL.

I can not get the right axle moved to the center enough to get the c clip off; just need about another 1/16 but it won't go. Can't really move it the other way much either so the busted piece could be torqued in there good.

Plan B is to find a pipe or bar long enough to reach in thru the tube and pound the snot out if it.

If that does not work then plan C is to fire up the right angle grinder.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome