Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#8,943 ·
Hello Jason. :wave: Are you ready for your football?? :2thumbsup::cheers2:
Oh I'm ready! Tonight we are in Chicago. Our QB situation definitely has me worried though.

I just noticed that my yearly membership expired. I'm thinking that I will wait to see how paying for another year will be helpful. I can still post only not post pictures, or go into the 'secret room' which I never went into anyways.

What do you think.
You can still post pictures. You just cannot access the members only area of the forum.

#8,946 ·
Now you have to delete your mentioning of the mentioning.
You do too for... well.. because.

Oh, and, I'M HERE!! What a ****ty drive across... At least I was getting 36 mpg the whole time :) :rofl:

I'm in the process of uploading a few pics i took on the way and will post them in GD probably...

Send me a PM if you want to come wrench on my CJ :)

#8,947 ·

Oh, and, I'M HERE!! What a ****ty drive across... At least I was getting 36 mpg the whole time :) :rofl:

I'm in the process of uploading a few pics i took on the way and will post them in GD probably...

Sweet! :2thumbsup:

When did you get in? Whats wrong with the CJ? I'm in if you need a hand.

#8,949 ·
I really wish I had my Jeep with me. Miami is like a total jeep owner's town as far as roadways and weather go.

It rains consistently. There are always Massive puddles on the side of, if not in, the road. You can legally park on the grass on the side of the road since there is no curb or sidewalks in the residential areas in Dade County. And you can turn left on a green light legally. (Doesn't have to be a green arrow!).

My grandfather has me driving his 2000-sumtin Cadillac du pont or deville or sumtin and out of Jeep habit I keep driving into the puddles to splash them xD

#8,950 ·

Welcome. What part of town are you in?

#8,954 ·

welcome to SD grewe! :thumbsup:. what part are you in?

now that youre in so cal, heres another forum a lot of us are a part of
http://socalultimate4x4.com/forum

#8,958 ·
Well, not much is wrong. Just needs finishing. Link in my sig for the build thread
Cant wait to wrench with you grewe.

Steve i have your air mattress that you let lisa borrow.

Lisa leaves tomorow for college in arizona. Im drivin up tomorow with her, following her in my dads truck, with my dad. Her jeep is staying in Alpine for now. Ill have more time for doing jeep stuff now, especially since ill have to find something to do without her. Anyways, wish us luck. She really enjoyed the fiesta island trips Steve and Jimmy