San Diego Area - Page 447 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #6691
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

*static* Houston *Static* We *static* have lift off....

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/woody/ez-lock.html

Time for true reverse engineering. The C Clip does need to be removed thru that little whole. The forum that linked this page said follow this but in reverse.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #6692
PR1AWRet
1995 XJ Cherokee 

These are KOR sliderz for the ZJ. Because of the way our door sticks out from the rocker, the little extra sticking out on the slider helps in a big way. Then you have to figure how the are going to be attached to the unibody under carriage.

PR1AWRet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #6693
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Thinking out loud....

I wonder if stock shocks from a Rubicon (or even a TJ) would fit a WJ, they're a bit taller than a stock TJ, should be the same mounts and I see them on Craigslist all the time for cheap when folks put lifts on Rubi's...

Free shocks, springs, everything from an '04 TJ:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/631337579.html

Just might work, same springs? Make up some of the sag? Would have to measure it out but worth a shot, be fun to try it
hmm well if it is free why not give it a shot what's th worst that can happen... we take them back off plus i have that budget boost to put on so when we pull out the old we can compare the too i'll check out the craiglist post. i gave him a call left a message we'll see what he saids at worst we have some more back up stuff in case any one needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked98GC View Post
These are KOR sliderz for the ZJ. Because of the way our door sticks out from the rocker, the little extra sticking out on the slider helps in a big way. Then you have to figure how the are going to be attached to the unibody under carriage.
great point gotta make sure we have them stick out enough to protect the rest of the doors.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #6694
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
*static* Houston *Static* We *static* have lift off....

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/woody/ez-lock.html

Time for true reverse engineering. The C Clip does need to be removed thru that little whole. The forum that linked this page said follow this but in reverse.
looks like those horizontal springs and pins are the key, but they would not budge.

grrrrr
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #6695
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

well i was checking autozone to see if part numbers would match up but they are completely different.... so i think i'm going to run this set up for now and start saving to eventually do a lift the right way. for my budget i think it works out that way soon i'll be getting a roomate and i'll be saving 300 bucks a month so i'll save up a couple of months and by fall i think i can get a decent set up. once i get the rockers and the belly pan done up then the lift will be next on the list. Thanks for your hard work guys and great advice
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #6696
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

hey ari not sure if your still interested but this seems quite the deal for someone on a super budget http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/625161296.html

add says $50 bucks for front and rear axles dana 30 upfront and 35 in back non c-clip 3.73 ratio
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #6697
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
hey ari not sure if your still interested but this seems quite the deal for someone on a super budget http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/625161296.html

add says $50 bucks for front and rear axles dana 30 upfront and 35 in back non c-clip 3.73 ratio
Now that definitely seems like a good, get 'er back on the road deal. But just what does he mean: Rear Diff $25.00

: Dana 35, non c-clip Ratio I think is 3.73

Since i have the gearing in the rear for a 4.11, if I manage to pull that locker out would we be able to convert this 3.73 to a 4.11?

If so seems like a great deal that I will jump on, unless Steve any further info on the trip to gather 8.8s?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #6698
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Now that definitely seems like a good, get 'er back on the road deal. But just what does he mean: Rear Diff $25.00

: Dana 35, non c-clip Ratio I think is 3.73

Since i have the gearing in the rear for a 4.11, if I manage to pull that locker out would we be able to convert this 3.73 to a 4.11?

If so seems like a great deal that I will jump on, unless Steve any further info on the trip to gather 8.8s?
You would have to change front and rear to get going cheap. The 3:73 carrier will not take gears up to 4:11 and would have to be replaced.

don't jump into anything yet, except for getting that locker out. If there is no damage to the remainder of the differential you can get going for the price of spiders and side gears. <$100 for new parts.

junkyard trip is this week, maybe friday. saturday for sure.

I can stop by and try helping with the locker one night this week.
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #6699
redalert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hi all I am wanting to price how much a 8.8 swap would cost me. Where is a reputable place to get it done in San Diego. What are the parts needed?
redalert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #6700
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not gonna lie.....I'm a little depressed this morning. I wake up, get some coffee, a bowl of cereal and read Jeff's morning post. Today - not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalert View Post
Hi all I am wanting to price how much a 8.8 swap would cost me. Where is a reputable place to get it done in San Diego. What are the parts needed?
For a TJ, off the top of my head...lets see

Shock mounts
Spring mounts
Track Bar mounts
Shorter drive shaft
yoke adapter
U-joints
brake adapters/balancer?

We have all the facilities you need in this little bastard group of ours. I have no idea where you would go to get it professionally done though.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #6701
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Someone needs a hug.

I did answer a question in YJ tech though.

A thought ocurred to me this am regarding the half price day at the JY. Just a guess but I bet the cars that are all there now have been pretty well picked over and there is not much left. Could that be why it is half price? It seems unlikely that they would bring out a fresh crop of stuff and then give it away cheap.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #6702
merkur92
2002 WJ 

How about a boat repair party,i am the new owner of a broken boat.I am going to be busy for awhile.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #6703
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Someone needs a hug.

I did answer a question in YJ tech though.

A thought ocurred to me this am regarding the half price day at the JY. Just a guess but I bet the cars that are all there now have been pretty well picked over and there is not much left. Could that be why it is half price? It seems unlikely that they would bring out a fresh crop of stuff and then give it away cheap.
The guy that bought your springs said he was down at the pull your part place hunting for some just the day prior. He said that he spoke with them about the half price weekend and they said they start bringing in a crap load of new stock just before the weekend.

Take the info for what its worth, but thats what I heard! I figure worse case I waste $2 and some gas money.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #6704
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
How about a boat repair party,i am the new owner of a broken boat.I am going to be busy for awhile.
How broke is broke?? Like, hull damage or interior needs some sprucing up?
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #6705
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
We will need to file a waiver request with the central office in order to get permission to work on non-jeep items.

Fill out a TPS form and I will try to rush it through for approval.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.