San Diego Area - Page 446 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 04-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #6676
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

that's the best thing i've seen all day next to my new shocks coming soon but it does look nice and some what easy to do i imagine. for a tube that think and about that long, what does something like that cost?

grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #6677
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
that's the best thing i've seen all day next to my new shocks coming soon but it does look nice and some what easy to do i imagine. for a tube that think and about that long, what does something like that cost?

probably about $100 - $150.

a piece for a bumper is smaller and cost appx $35
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #6678
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Some random items

I took the padding off my roll bar yesterday and washed it. Now I can not think of a good reason to put it back on; just seems like a dirt collector.

Junkyard stuff???

trunk release or power door lock solinoid. thinking of an electric hood look.

hood vents

tow hooks from chevy trucks are supposed to have the same bolt pattern as yj hooks.

hitch receivers

york compressors

drive shaft and/or yoke for Eric.

many, many axles in various types,widths and gearing.

anything else?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #6679
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hahah well i'm leaning towards these rough country nitro shocks. 10 stage valving 200 psi polyurethane bushings four of them for $155 dollars, what do you guys think?
I'm betting they'll shake your teeth out.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #6680
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'm betting they'll shake your teeth out.

could you give me some more feed back? just incase i'll give you some info on my jeep and what i'm doing with it. 95 zj 5.2L 4 wheeler and also used for towing a 22 master craft boat at times and also i own a pop up tent trailer which i use for camping and trips out to the desert which holds my dirtbike aswell with a combined weight of about 2000 lbs wet. i primarily went for the nitro shocks becuase of the towing aspects and my coils have 235,000 miles on them so they got some sag.
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #6681
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Videos from this weekend

[YT]UmE86FJyo3U[/YT]

[YT]Q59_lAyBKRY[/YT]
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #6682
StvDiego

Quote:
could you give me some more feed back? just incase i'll give you some info on my jeep and what i'm doing with it. 95 zj 5.2L 4 wheeler and also used for towing a 22 master craft boat at times and also i own a pop up tent trailer which i use for camping and trips out to the desert which holds my dirtbike aswell with a combined weight of about 2000 lbs wet. i primarily went for the nitro shocks becuase of the towing aspects and my coils have 235,000 miles on them so they got some sag.
Like I said earlier, the nitro shocks tend to be stiff, or as Jerry said, rattle your teeth out. There's exceptions of course, some of the higher end shocks are quite good, but they'll cost ya, a lot...

I'd check out some of the adjustable shocks, the stiffer shocks may compensate some for your sag, but the ride quality will seriously suffer until you get good springs. Springs and shocks work together and one can only do so much to make up for the other, besides, bad springs can quickly use up good shocks and vise-versa

If your shocks are that bad, get some decent shocks for now to help with stability issues and get yourself some good lift springs and shocks when the budget allows
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #6683
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Videos from this weekend
Great videos, but

Do you want to tell the story behind this one? Gentle and quiet, I have to go home and do laundry Jason and Kim????

[yt]Yo5EcIYY7zo[/yt]

BEER BUST AT JASON'S!!!!!
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #6684
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Was that LITE Beer???

Like some WILD AND CRAZY GUYS AND GALS.
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #6685
StvDiego

Quote:
Thinking out loud....

I wonder if stock shocks from a Rubicon (or even a TJ) would fit a WJ, they're a bit taller than a stock TJ, should be the same mounts and I see them on Craigslist all the time for cheap when folks put lifts on Rubi's...

Free shocks, springs, everything from an '04 TJ:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/631337579.html

Just might work, same springs? Make up some of the sag? Would have to measure it out but worth a shot, be fun to try it
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #6686
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Great videos, but

Do you want to tell the story behind this one? Gentle and quiet, I have to go home and do laundry Jason and Kim????

BEER BUST AT JASON'S!!!!!
Yeah, we've had a party or two here. Those were some Youtube appropriate clips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Was that LITE Beer???

Like some WILD AND CRAZY GUYS AND GALS.
You mean Miller? No idea what you're talking about.
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #6687
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

W00t Ok so my Posi-Lok engages just fine (might be like a 1/4cm off from fully clicking on but does grab), needs the tire to rotate a bit to catch but otherwise it works. Put her on jacks and spun both the tires like those instructions said and the lockers caught right away. Both directions. ONLY 1 minor issue the passenger side front gave out 50% of the time and didn't pull the other tire, however the driver side caught 100% of the time.

For some humor, my friend was driving to escondido in his Z4 (while i doubt it was the cause, there was a small 1 inch long and like super narrow nail, sorry no pic in the tire when I checked it after)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...3/IMAG1001.jpg

Here is the locker/axle
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...3/IMAG1004.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...3/IMAG1008.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...3/IMAG1007.jpg

Still want to get her on jack stands to see if the 4WD is working fine (drivetrain turned when I was playing with the front wheels, so I am guessing it is fine).

Jason, amazing work on those videos! Super cool, as for the trail that is a great looking one, It would have killed me If the friendly locker and rocks hadn't conspired while we stopped to ruin the trip before
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #6688
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Jason, amazing work on those videos! Super cool, as for the trail that is a great looking one, It would have killed me If the friendly locker and rocks hadn't conspired while we stopped to ruin the trip before

You would have been fine out there. **** happens though. Next time we'll make sure you're 100% before heading out
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #6689
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Next time we'll make sure you're 100% before heading out
Yeah you know, like brakes working, things like that

On to the Axle. Click free; name that locker...

Unread 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #6690
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Minor Victory, got the locker types-ish kinda....
• Power Trax-No slip locker in the back
• Lock-right limited slip up front
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.