San Diego Area - Page 441 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #6601
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
That looks like fun! Nice pics.
I think that you would have REALLY like the trails today..Sorry you missed out

AGAIN....LOL

Unread 04-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #6602
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
I wish all I needed was the shaft...damn lockers-_-
Have you tried again to get that locker apart??
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #6603
StvDiego

Some more pics:
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/c...view=slideshow

had a blast, but I am tired!!!

Stopped by Jeff's and cut off what was left of my front fenders so have driveway flatties and swapped out the tie-rod on Jimmy's for a ZJ tie-rod, and broke in Jeff's pressure washer.

So how are we going to top this day??

My recommendation for the next large-scale repair day, get some bumpers and especially recovery points done for those that need them and start planning roll cages (wonder where that came from ??) Looks like it may be June before we can do cages, but should have a plan in place...

If we can agree on a common set-up for cages for the YJs and for the TJs we can probably setup a time to do a production line; measuring, cutting, notching and so on and do several cages at one time.

Then start looking at armor....

So next weekend is wrecking yard day, looks like Jason and I will be going Friday, maybe go back again Saturday, grab a poop load of 8.8's, I saw some D44 candidates when I was there last and I'm shopping for new seats, my back is trashed.

And finally, huge thanks to everyone who saved me from doing major repairs and to Paul and his winch Y'all missed a great trail, it was fun going our way

Rolling down that hill would have been, inconvenient
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #6604
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Rolling down that hill would have been, inconvenient
Nice pics!
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #6605
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Does any one know how to get a hold of Ari ?? Stock 1995 Jeep Wrangler axles, I believe the front is a Dana 30 and the rear is a Dana 35, complete with everything from brake drum to brake drum, both front and rear, with stock rear limited slip and 3.07 gears. $400 obo. Will go fast at this price! Call (619)449-5510.
Got the message Steve, thanks for calling, or I probably wouldn't have looked onto the forum today or tmrw very clearly for this.

I won't know if I have a spare 400$ for a few days, I'm at like a spare 150$ Until this video I am working on is done. Guess this is what a Salary is like...

None the less I am going to call that number tmrw, see if they can part the set into just the rear and then take a partial payment. I hope =/

If not, back to the drawing board, Thanks though.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #6606
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Also reminds me, Jason, i was wondering. If you get the 8.8, how much do/would you want for your rear axle?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #6607
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got the message Steve, thanks for calling, or I probably wouldn't have looked onto the forum today or tmrw very clearly for this.

I won't know if I have a spare 400$ for a few days, I'm at like a spare 150$ Until this video I am working on is done. Guess this is what a Salary is like...

None the less I am going to call that number tmrw, see if they can part the set into just the rear and then take a partial payment. I hope =/

If not, back to the drawing board, Thanks though.
Just the rear would not be a big help, since the gearing is wrong. Let's just get that locker out, we can cut it apart if we have to. Then, unless there is dmage to the ring, pinion or carrier you just need spiders and side gears.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #6608
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Just the rear would not be a big help, since the gearing is wrong. Let's just get that locker out, we can cut it apart if we have to. Then, unless there is dmage to the ring, pinion or carrier you just need spiders and side gears.
Yup, you would need both to do 4WD, but at $400 we could bolt them in and be on the road be able to off-road in a matter of hours. You would still have two axles; a good front D30, you could work on the rear when you have the $$ and if nothing else you can turn around and sell the axles down the road and at least break even on them (or have a spare...)

And always offer less, it's not like there's a huge demand for stock YJ axles... Offer $300 or even less, or

maybe the owner would hold them for you?? Down payment? Wash and wax his Jeep? Cut his lawn?
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #6609
StvDiego

Leaving in a few for Pomona to check out the Expo, the rumor is it's pretty small this time, only one building compared to eight plus acres of outdoors for the fall Expo. We'll bring pics back...

Paul, looks like we may caravan up via the I-5, I'll call...
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #6610
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Some more pics:

had a blast, but I am tired!!!

So how are we going to top this day??
X2! Kim and I had a great time out there. I'm proud of my little blue monster thats for sure!!

I'm sure we'll come up with some way of topping it. Maybe you'll actually roll next time for us?

Quote:
Also reminds me, Jason, i was wondering. If you get the 8.8, how much do/would you want for your rear axle?

Well, here's the big picture. First, I have to find one that has 4.11 gears in it, and preferably a LSD. The LSD isn't a deal breaker but it would be nice. So if I find one this weekend I have to get the brackets welded on, my drive shaft shortened (or buy a new one) and then do whatever I have to do to adapt the brakes.

Of course, before that happens I have to scrape together some money. The Jeep fund is kinda dry at the moment. I'm still working on that part.

To answer your question (finally) I would say for the rear end $100. If anyone thinks thats unreasonable please chime in. I even have a spare set of D35c axles I would through in for free!
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #6611
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
To answer your question (finally) I would say for the rear end $100. If anyone thinks thats unreasonable please chime in. I even have a spare set of D35c axles I would through in for free!
seems fair but does that $100 include installation?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #6612
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Morning everyone!! it's funny how everyone is sore must be from the puckering up factors yesterday hahaha Anyways I had a great time yesterday thanks to everyone who went making it a nice and thrilling outing and a especial thanks for Steve for having the guts or maybe i should say the bronze for attempting the decent from bronco's peak and putting his jeep on the line for a new tubular chassis since, the fall would have mangled the body, oh well there's always next time hahaha Oh and the pictures are awesome!! can't wait to see jason's video!
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #6613
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
seems fair but does that $100 include installation?
Installation is the easy part. A set of U-bolts, some jacks/jack stands and 2 hours and you're set.
Unread 04-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #6614
hbmex858
1993 YJ Wrangler 

got back from mexico and sorry to say its without an axel, it was given to someone else and was already off the property. anybody given any thought of planning a camping trip out there

do have some good news, diesel is $2.20 a gallon down there, so i bought 135 gallons, no more paying 4.20 a gallon
the saved money will go into jeep parts. i need to make it to some of these runs you guys have been planning.
hbmex858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #6615
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

grandpapy, I believe your fine is just as much as a daily sticker would be, $5. Here is a link for anyone wanting to get a daily or year long sticker/permit. Its only $30 for the year.
https://secure.kinsail.com/partners/...socal&pt=store

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.