San Diego Area - Page 407 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #6091
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
See ya there Joe.
Hi Jerry. Feel free to stop by my place early & have some coffee & donuts.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #6092
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I am changing my thinking on fluids. From now on I am getting the super cheap wal-mart brands and changing it more often. Getting the high end mobil 1 and then filling it with desert dust makes no sense to me.

same with the air and oil filters. I have been changing my air filter after about ever two wheeling trips but with the coupns they only cost about $2-$3 eahc
Ding - ding - ding, we have a winner here folks!
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #6093
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

so has anyone thought about doing a death valley trip? I've been checking out the government sight and they have a lot of great info on trails, camping locations, and hiking trails things to see.... Especially since spring is here and everything is getting ready to bloom i could imagine that it would be a pretty great trail and one that the family could enjoy. Anyone up for maybe making plans for MAY. this way we can plan it and have everyone try to save up money for the trip since gas is probably going to be pretty high! ouch for the first time i spent $90 in gas almost to fill up my 22 gal tank anyone know how to put a diesel in a 95 zj so i can run biofuel and brew it myself
grandpapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #6094
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
so has anyone thought about doing a death valley trip? I've been checking out the government sight and they have a lot of great info on trails, camping locations, and hiking trails things to see.... Especially since spring is here and everything is getting ready to bloom i could imagine that it would be a pretty great trail and one that the family could enjoy. Anyone up for maybe making plans for MAY. this way we can plan it and have everyone try to save up money for the trip since gas is probably going to be pretty high! ouch for the first time i spent $90 in gas almost to fill up my 22 gal tank anyone know how to put a diesel in a 95 zj so i can run biofuel and brew it myself

Would be open to it but I will be in New Orleans for the first week of May. Do you have the links to the site you ar elooking at.

thx
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #6095
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Would be open to it but I will be in New Orleans for the first week of May. Do you have the links to the site you ar elooking at.

thx
well i'm thinking probably mid 2nd or 3rd weekend in may do a thur-sunday thing or friday thru sunday up for whatever.

here are some of the links i've been glancing at some have trail reports from other people the gov websites have the trail maps and you can back track to the things todo list on the gov site it mentions all the hiking etc.

1.) http://www.deathvalley.com/exploring/backcountry.shtml
2.)http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...untryroads.htm
3.)http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...untryroads.htm
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #6096
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Steve, Kory and I are going to be running Sidewinder this coming Tuesday. Anyone is welcome. We are meeting at Hooters for lunch before we head out. Probably around 11:30. If you wanna just meet for lunch thats cool too!
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #6097
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
so has anyone thought about doing a death valley trip?
I can't make this run in May due to I'll already be on the trails in Colorado & Moab....but....I HIGHLY recommend folks doing a Panamint Mts trip.

Goler Wash & Pleasent Canyon are excellent runs thru the Panamint Mts.

If you do Goler Wash, you can stay at Charlie Mansons old ranch house on Barker Ranch. I have stayed there a few times. Spooky, but fun!

http://www.totalescape.com/active/ca...st/barker.html
http://www.charliemanson.com/places/cw-barker.htm

Pleasent Canyon is a fantastic run! You will probably see wild burrows, deer, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits etc. VERY scenic!
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #6098
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Steve, Kory and I are going to be running Sidewinder this coming Tuesday. Anyone is welcome. We are meeting at Hooters for lunch before we head out. Probably around 11:30. If you wanna just meet for lunch thats cool too!
I'll make tuesday lunch.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #6099
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post

If you do Goler Wash, you can stay at Charlie Mansons old ranch house on Barker Ranch. I have stayed there a few times. Spooky, but fun!

hahah charlie mansons, that's what i'm talking about!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #6100
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
I think it is closed again as of last week. They are digging all around there because apparently they've discovered another mass grave there. I'll look up the news article.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #6101
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think it is closed again as of last week. They are digging all around there because apparently they've discovered another mass grave there. I'll look up the news article.
How many times do I have to tell you to bury the bodies away from the house?!?
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #6102
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Manson article

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...aq06gD8VH3O0O1
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #6103
merkur92
2002 WJ 

What Hooters are we meeting at?
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #6104
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats crazy! Its pretty cool that you can stay there though. Id like to check it out sometime.
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #6105
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
What Hooters are we meeting at?
Either one works for me. Steve and Jeff (I think) are in downtown (Gaslamp) but I think the Mission Valley one has a bit more parking.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.