San Diego Area - Page 2463 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #36931
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo
So a buddy and I have been actively stand up paddle boarding recently. We've been hitting up the cove. TONS of leopard sharks breeding right now. Very cool to see as always!
Cool... Just stay off my waves sea janitor

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #36932
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, after spending over five hours wandering through museums in Florence, Italy and looking at hundreds of statues and thousands of paintings, I ran across this poor broke dick Italian. Somebody wasn't very nice to him.
img_20140729_175102.jpg  
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #36933
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Lol and lol at both posts above!
Unread 07-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #36934
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
Well I'm still up here. Met up with a fellow member from here. Glad to of met u josh. We did Jacoby canyon. As we were heading over a sever downpour with wicked lightening beat our butts. Mind u I only had a safari top on. I got soaked BAD. After that josh left and I headed over to gold Mt. Actually it wasnt easy. There's a gatekeeper now. And took me about 10 tries. Then met up with about ten jeepers stuck on the waterfall section. Whole new trail in the rain. Then I headed to jb. It is easier only because the gatekeeper is a joke now. Got stuck about 1/3 of the way in.. High center on a bolder when I slipped off.as i tried to get unstuck I got centered on both axles my rear shaft and my oil pan. It was a bad one. Couldn't stack out of it so had to winch it. Nearly shearing my oil pan. Also ripped the fittings off my rear drive shaft and almost blew it up.Not sure how the pan isn't leaking. Then met up with 2 guys in an LJ and a 4 Dr Rubi. Wheeled the rest of jb. Which made it interesting since they were mildly built. Then had to spot 5 Cherokees from death. Camped at holcolm camp ground. Today so far weather is gorgeous. Gonna hit a few more trails before heading home. Good times
Sounds like Tim and his friend. They were doing BB and heading out into the desert for a week long overland type run.
Unread 07-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #36935
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bingo
brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #36936
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
Bingo
He got that LJ for a steal price. He has a YJ and an XJ too haha.
Unread 07-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #36937
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah we talked about it. Very nice people...
Unread 07-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #36938
jpschutte
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Sounds like Tim and his friend. They were doing BB and heading out into the desert for a week long overland type run.
I'll post some pics when I get a chance
jpschutte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #36939
jpschutte
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Well I'm still up here. Met up with a fellow member from here. Glad to of met u josh. We did Jacoby canyon. As we were heading over a sever downpour with wicked lightening beat our butts. Mind u I only had a safari top on. I got soaked BAD. After that josh left and I headed over to gold Mt. Actually it wasnt easy. There's a gatekeeper now. And took me about 10 tries. Then met up with about ten jeepers stuck on the waterfall section. Whole new trail in the rain. Then I headed to jb. It is easier only because the gatekeeper is a joke now. Got stuck about 1/3 of the way in.. High center on a bolder when I slipped off.as i tried to get unstuck I got centered on both axles my rear shaft and my oil pan. It was a bad one. Couldn't stack out of it so had to winch it. Nearly shearing my oil pan. Also ripped the fittings off my rear drive shaft and almost blew it up.Not sure how the pan isn't leaking. Then met up with 2 guys in an LJ and a 4 Dr Rubi. Wheeled the rest of jb. Which made it interesting since they were mildly built. Then had to spot 5 Cherokees from death. Camped at holcolm camp ground. Today so far weather is gorgeous. Gonna hit a few more trails before heading home. Good times
Man you had an adventure after I left. That lightning was nuts. That's awesome you found a go pro. Nice meeting you man
jpschutte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #36940
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So while jeeping on John Bull up in Big Bear Monday I pulled over to take a leak. I walk about 20 ft off the trail and I see this.....

WTH?!!! I walk up to it and I see flies and it smells of death. To small to be a human grave. I didn't stay ..... Thinking maybe a pet or an ex wife......(like how I used an ex wife as non-human? See what I did there? Clever right?)
Also experienced this for about an hour. Would of been great except I didnt have a top on other than a bikini. Rained as hard as a rain can rain and the drops were the size of marbles. Also hailed with vicious lightening strikes. Hail in late July in So Ca. Go figure.
After the rain let up it made for some fun trails and mud crossings
Day two (Tues) was high 70's, blue skies and gorgeous wheeling.
ooups....
Unread 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #36941
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

It does that all the time up there, I hope my boat is still floating on the lake.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #36942
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

one hell of a drive to. As soon as I got to about 3,000 ft coming down the 330 the temp went up about 25 degrees. By the time I hit highland it was pure humidity and 103. Stayed that way until Murrieta. Crazy weather.
Unread 07-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #36943
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

anyone know a rooter? suddenly my drain is clogged
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #36944
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Manscaping to much?
Unread 07-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #36945
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I got the YJ DEEP into the woods this weekend.

I have a neighbor that has access to a hunting clubs property that's about a mile from where I live. We explored for what seemed like miles & miles & miles. In reality, it was about 4-5 miles in each direction. We saw MANY deer and a few turkeys. I didn't bring my phone or else I would have taken pics. These woods out here are beautiful and VERY thick.
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.