San Diego Area - Page 2406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #36076
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
bbq'd a rack of ribs tonight.

it was amazing.

You were supposed to wait and bring that out to Superstition for Sat night dinner for all of us.

Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #36077
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
suck down winch turned out awesome.
Still not fully understanding the purpose of a suck down winch????

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #36078
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
go wheeling with someone running radius arms on a TJ sometime.

you'll understand.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #36079
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The geometry of a long arm kit as an off the shelf non custom product is compromised due to packaging constraints. The frame side of the rear uppers is too close to the lowers which drives squat right off the charts. As a rig starts to climb something, the too low level of anti-squat built into the geometry causes the front to rise due to the back being pushed down by the suspension.

If they could have shortened the arms about 10" and moved the uppers up higher at the frame, they would climb a lot better. The issue lies in the length of the arms being so long they have to be low to clear the cargo step at full stuff. They let packaging dictate geometry which is not always a good thing.
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #36080
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, ARES Armor in Oceanside was just raided by ATF agents earlier today. On Wednesday a Court granted ARES a restraining order against the ATF and revoked the ATF search warrant. ATF is supposedly using falsified documents when they broke into their store and have apparently confiscated all of their customers information.

To me, this is bull****. I'm halfway surprised someone hasn't been shot...

[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #36081
wtracing
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress
Hey guys, ARES Armor in Oceanside was just raided by ATF agents earlier today. On Wednesday a Court granted ARES a restraining order against the ATF and revoked the ATF search warrant. ATF is supposedly using falsified documents when they broke into their store and have apparently confiscated all of their customers information. To me, this is bull****. I'm halfway surprised someone hasn't been shot...
This is completely out of control. I've spent lots of money at ares armor and have also done lots of research on their 80% parts. They are great guys and very professional. I'm not saying I own an 80%er but if I did and the ATF came to my doorsteps to grab it... They won't be taking it from warm hands. That's all I'm saying.
wtracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #36082
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thats ok. In the past yr I've pulled a front end, installed a whole brand new front end, pulled a rear end, rebuilt it with new gears and installed it, pulled a transmission, put in a new clutch, new tires, new rims, new rear PITA bumper, new front bumper, new winch line, new fairlead, replaced the oba, replaced front and rear driveshafts, new battery, dropped out my gas tank, installed a body lift, built a in cab storage box, installed a suck down winch, bought new warn hubs, pulled and repainted my flat fenders, ... all on the same vehicle... beat that!
Sounds like about 3 to 4 days of playing at Blaines.

BTW: You forgot to add the swaybar relocation brackets.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #36083
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We had fun out at Ocotilllo Wells over the weekend. The wind was blowing pretty hard on Saturday but let up in the afternoon. Both night's campfires were calm weather. I got pretty toasted on Saturday but I didn't fall in the fire pit.
We followed Pole Line to the wash, then all the way down to Superstition.
My Jeep blew out the rear shocks on Saturday morning so the rear was bouncing all over the place. I had to drive pretty slow the rest of the weekend. No other issues with my Jeep. I don't think Chris had any real issues with his either. His sand rail started blowing oil so it sat most of the weekend. The kids rode the quads all weekend with no issues.
No flat tires on any of the rigs to or from. I got free electricity (the Obama plan) from Chris' generator most of the weekend. I haven't used my motor home since TDS two years ago, and my generator runs for about fifteen minutes then shuts itself off. I'm dropping it off at the service place tomorrow. Need that generator working well. What if there was a zombie apocalypse or something?
We had a great time out there. I was trying to find the smoothest path along a wash and got on top of a sand berm and slid sideways into the wash wall. I was running 32 pounds in my tires so it didn't handle the sand well. Had to air down to get off the sand berm.
Chris was goofing around going at a wall trying to climb it, hit his front spring knda' hard and inverted his shackle. Just hit the gas and the spring went back into place. It was an ugly looking wound tho'.
I've got some work to do on my Jeep before next trip out.
Here's Chris' battle scar.... I think he has a pic of me up against the wash wall.

photo-145-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #36084
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post

Glad you had a good trip.

Story about the spring?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #36085
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Hey guys, ARES Armor in Oceanside was just raided by ATF agents earlier today. On Wednesday a Court granted ARES a restraining order against the ATF and revoked the ATF search warrant. ATF is supposedly using falsified documents when they broke into their store and have apparently confiscated all of their customers information.

To me, this is bull****. I'm halfway surprised someone hasn't been shot...
I was there on Saturday while ATF was inside. Oath Keepers were the only ones there putting up any sort of fight.

That's me in the hat, in the reflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtracing View Post
This is completely out of control. I've spent lots of money at ares armor and have also done lots of research on their 80% parts. They are great guys and very professional. I'm not saying I own an 80%er but if I did and the ATF came to my doorsteps to grab it... They won't be taking it from warm hands. That's all I'm saying.
Picked up some goodies from them today

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #36086
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

To me, anybody working for the ATF and is willing to violate peoples Constitutional Rights, is nothing but ****.

Unread 03-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #36087
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

7pm happy hour at hooleys in grossmont center... AWESOME hotwings!
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #36088
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
7pm happy hour at hooleys in grossmont center... AWESOME hotwings!
I thought today was Taco Tuesday
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #36089
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm at Bali Hai..
Unread 03-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #36090
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going for tacos.

The ATF agents themselves are just following orders. You have to look up hill for blame.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.