San Diego Area - Page 2396 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #35926
Killerak404

Help, I just changed the alternator on my 06 tj and now I have squeaking coming from around the serpantine belt. When I spray the pulleys with wd40 the noise goes away then after a few minutes it comes back. It is mostly prevalent when I accelerate! Please help!

Killerak404 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #35927
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a misalignment. Check to make sure the alt is square and the belt is seated correctly
Unread 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #35928
Killerak404

I'll check it out thank you!
Killerak404 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #35929
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerak404 View Post
Did you route the belt correctly? Otherwise try a new belt
Unread 03-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #35930
Brut4ce

2010 JK Wrangler 

I think us in oceanside about floated away today....man what a downpour....

BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD CLICK HERE
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #35931
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce View Post
I think us in oceanside about floated away today....man what a downpour....
There was times when we almost got washed off the hill down here...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #35932
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I feel your pain Jeff...
I lost two trees, including steel fencing, and a light pole on the horseshoe pit Friday night while I was out at sunny TDS.....

More firewood...

photo-138-medium-.jpg

photo-139-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #35933
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We had a great time at TDS.....

photo-140-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #35934
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So yeah, this was how my TDS weekend started.

Ok. Here's the story. It was raining. Coming down banner grade about halfway down. I was going slow and cautious, even more than usual due to the wet roads. Going around one of the curves the front of the truck started to slide over towards the oncoming lane. I tried to correct but no good. Jeep pushed the truck forward, the jeep slid the other way and went up the embankment on the side enough that it tipped over onto its side. As I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to do a couple of other Jeep guys on their way out to the desert pulled up behind me. One of them hooked his winch up to my rear bumper and while trying to just drag it on its side over enough to allow me to disconnect what was left of my tow bar, it wound up tilting back up onto its wheels a bit. Seeing this I put the Dodge in reverse and managed to right it. We got the bar unhooked and pulled the jeep up a little onto a turn off. Picked up the tools that spilled out and checked the damage. The YJ got off fairly clean amazingly. Bent front passenger side leaf spring, a few scratches on the windshield frame and the roll cage. Tool box broke open and spewed my tools out but that's about it. The truck wasn't so lucky. The radiator hoop on the jeep out a huge dent in the drivers side rear corner, knocked out the tail light, and the jeep itself bent the crap out of the bumper and forced it into the corner of the bed. Tow bar was also completely destroyed. No injuries however. Called The wife and asked her to go buy and bring me a new bar which my amazing wife went well out of her way to do for me. Waited on the side of the road for two hours for her. Hooked the new bar up and made it out to Truckhaven.

I had hoped that was the end of my bad luck but the wind on Friday destroyed my tent so I had to sleep in the truck the rest of the weekend.

On the bright side Karma kicked in and I had my second raffle win on Saturday. Won a Rugged Radio VHF race radio and antenna, $500 Rubicon Express gift certificate, (perfect as I have to replace a bent spring from the tow flop) some new grab handles and a few other odds and ends. Had no further trouble or problems the rest of the weekend.

Though this morning on my way to work the truck started making a clunking noise and the brakes went out so I had to limp it home and take the YJ to work. Not sure what's up with that yet.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #35935
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerak404 View Post
Check the tensioner as well. I had that problem and it had just gotten a little loose. Gave me a nice squeak on acceleration.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #35936
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

I'm glad it wasn't too bad, and there was no injuries.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #35937
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Damn that sucks. Glad you are OK. Kudos to you for heading out to TDS after that. I'm glad you won something to take the heat off.

Meanwhile, one chain saw blade later, one of the two trees is now firewood. (and branches that need to be chipped)
My idler pulley is making noise in my YJ. Has been for a long time. Doesn't bother me because I'm deaf in one ear and cannot hear a damn thing out of the other. It's that pulley on the 4.2 that is where an AC unit goes. Anybody have a good one they took off when they did the on board air?
Replacing my alternator today also. The voltage regulator in it doesn't work well. My volt meter is all over the place. I have a spare, and I actually have a 130 amp one. Time for an upgrade?
RJC#512
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #35938
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
So yeah, this was how my TDS weekend started.

Ok. Here's the story. It was raining. Coming down banner grade about halfway down. I was going slow and cautious, even more than usual due to the wet roads. Going around one of the curves the front of the truck started to slide over towards the oncoming lane. I tried to correct but no good. Jeep pushed the truck forward, the jeep slid the other way and went up the embankment on the side enough that it tipped over onto its side. As I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to do a couple of other Jeep guys on their way out to the desert pulled up behind me. One of them hooked his winch up to my rear bumper and while trying to just drag it on its side over enough to allow me to disconnect what was left of my tow bar, it wound up tilting back up onto its wheels a bit. Seeing this I put the Dodge in reverse and managed to right it. We got the bar unhooked and pulled the jeep up a little onto a turn off. Picked up the tools that spilled out and checked the damage. The YJ got off fairly clean amazingly. Bent front passenger side leaf spring, a few scratches on the windshield frame and the roll cage. Tool box broke open and spewed my tools out but that's about it. The truck wasn't so lucky. The radiator hoop on the jeep out a huge dent in the drivers side rear corner, knocked out the tail light, and the jeep itself bent the crap out of the bumper and forced it into the corner of the bed. Tow bar was also completely destroyed. No injuries however. Called The wife and asked her to go buy and bring me a new bar which my amazing wife went well out of her way to do for me. Waited on the side of the road for two hours for her. Hooked the new bar up and made it out to Truckhaven.

I had hoped that was the end of my bad luck but the wind on Friday destroyed my tent so I had to sleep in the truck the rest of the weekend.

On the bright side Karma kicked in and I had my second raffle win on Saturday. Won a Rugged Radio VHF race radio and antenna, $500 Rubicon Express gift certificate, (perfect as I have to replace a bent spring from the tow flop) some new grab handles and a few other odds and ends. Had no further trouble or problems the rest of the weekend.

Though this morning on my way to work the truck started making a clunking noise and the brakes went out so I had to limp it home and take the YJ to work. Not sure what's up with that yet.
ouch! glad you are OK
Climbit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #35939
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit
ouch! glad you are OK
Me too man. That sucks.

Edit: Is there anything to look for specifically when picking out a rock harness? Im assuming shoes are shoes right?
Unread 03-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #35940
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I use a black diamond harness becauce it seems to pinch my nuts the least. It's fairly "comfy" and has hooks in the right spots to hang stuff off of, etc. There's plenty of brands to choose from though. Probably best to try a few on and see what fits best...aside from checking out the stitching to see how its made, that's the best advice I can get.

I use 5.10 shoes. I have had a few pairs and love them. There's diff types of shoes, some have laces, some have straps, etc. 5.10 makes a size 15 so that's what I wear.

Might want to head to an REI or something and try both on from a few diff brands.

Bummer about the roll Scott! Glad to hear you're OK. Def could have went a lot worse then it did. Jeep 1 : Dodge 0 lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.