San Diego Area - Page 2390 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 02-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #35836
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You are drinking liberal beer.

Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #35837
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

So who want to tow my jeep to TDS for me? I have the truck and trailer but no one to drive them since I am taking the 5th wheel.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #35838
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

G R E A T !!! Now I need a new beer.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #35839
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I balance it off with ice cold rocky mountain delight, so i'm square..

http://www.bay.org/newsroom/commenta...rewing-company

FYI it takes all types to make the world go around. Without the sierra club you would have a bunch of redneck a-holes destroying areas with no reprecution. They're a good and bad thing. We need them just like we need people to advocate keeping lands open for us to use. I grew up not too far from the brewery, just over the Yuba pass actually...its beautiful up there. Its a real shame when I drive out in the sticks and see that people leave trash and crap all thru the forest.

Also, they're not supporting closing down trails, they're supporting the upkeep of streams/creeks, parks etc. Do a little research before you snuff out an amazing beer lol

http://alabama.sierraclub.org/chapte...ust10/oil.html
"The Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival was started by the Nevada City, Calif. watershed advocacy group, the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) in 2003. SYRCL is sharing their success as an environmental group with other organizations to bring the festival to over ninety communities nationwide. It is building a network of grassroots organizations connected by a common goal of using film to inspire activism. The festival reaches an even larger audience in tour venues coast to coast with the support of their National Partners: Clif Bar, Tom's of Maine, Osprey Packs, Patagonia and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. "

If you guys ever get a chance, I highly advise checking out the Yuba River. incredible fishing, gold panning, white water kayaking etc. lots of fun

One more:
http://www.cbf.org/about-cbf/partner...rewing-company
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #35840
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So who want to tow my jeep to TDS for me? I have the truck and trailer but no one to drive them since I am taking the 5th wheel.
So you decided against putting my Jeep inside the toy hauler?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #35841
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
How about here in Fredericksburg, VA.

HA!!!!!!
Congrats on your new job Joe, you'll be missed! when did you want me to swing by the house and grab the Jeep? LMK, I should be available anytime this weekend..
Unread 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #35842
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
I balance it off with ice cold rocky mountain delight, so i'm square..

http://www.bay.org/newsroom/commenta...rewing-company

FYI it takes all types to make the world go around. Without the sierra club you would have a bunch of redneck a-holes destroying areas with no reprecution. They're a good and bad thing. We need them just like we need people to advocate keeping lands open for us to use. I grew up not too far from the brewery, just over the Yuba pass actually...its beautiful up there. Its a real shame when I drive out in the sticks and see that people leave trash and crap all thru the forest.

Also, they're not supporting closing down trails, they're supporting the upkeep of streams/creeks, parks etc. Do a little research before you snuff out an amazing beer lol

http://alabama.sierraclub.org/chapte...ust10/oil.html
"The Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival was started by the Nevada City, Calif. watershed advocacy group, the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) in 2003. SYRCL is sharing their success as an environmental group with other organizations to bring the festival to over ninety communities nationwide. It is building a network of grassroots organizations connected by a common goal of using film to inspire activism. The festival reaches an even larger audience in tour venues coast to coast with the support of their National Partners: Clif Bar, Tom's of Maine, Osprey Packs, Patagonia and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. "

If you guys ever get a chance, I highly advise checking out the Yuba River. incredible fishing, gold panning, white water kayaking etc. lots of fun

One more:
http://www.cbf.org/about-cbf/partner...rewing-company
I love you jason, but you are completely wrong

the sierra club, and by proxy sierra nevada brewing, wants 4wheeling completely removed from our world. I used to be a MEMBER of the sierra club, but I refuse to support them now.

they only believe in "human powered recreation" they support closing 4wd access to places like the rubicon, fordyce, deer valley, Moab, and they supported the closure of open riding in ocotillo wells. the list goes on.

when you buy sierra nevada beer, a portion of that money goes to anti-access groups, the sierra club being a major one. besides there are much better beers out there.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #35843
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How about Blue Moon? Or should I just kill myself right now.?
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #35844
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Started my suck down winch project. Going pretty well except I'm having a hard time getting the fairlead to fit on the back side(facing into the wheel well). Gonna get the brackets welded up next week, ordered a few more parts today and should be ready for those steep climbs.
test fit

rough set up of the bracketry
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #35845
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i understand your point Taylor, but it takes both sides of the table to have equal balance. Imagine if you didnt have activists lobbying against that, and everything was open to whomever, whenever....imagine the impact. Please tell me one time that you've gone somewhere wheeling, hiking, camping or otherwise and didnt come across a bunch of trash and/or beer cans and bottles. having grown up in a very rural forested area, i find it sickening. We as four wheelers have a huge impact everywhere we go, no matter how proactive we try to be in cleaning up after ourselves. weather it be killing local vegitation, taking out small animals we dont see, insects, tarantulas (I've accidently killed a few), dumping engine and gear oil, broken glass etc. It happens. Again, it takes both sides. I'm not advocating closing those trails, but there needs to be a balance or you'll have a bunch of redneck a**hats doing whatever they want thrashing the planet.

And i will continue to drink their beer, their from my area and it's damn good. And that's not the only thing they (Sierra Club) do btw. They're aim is to have a small carbon footprint. again, please don't get me wrong, i love doing this stuff....but a lot of people aren't as respectful as we are, and it shows when we venture off out into the wild of northern and southern california.

<3

Jason

Bluemoon is for yuppie liberal weenies Kevin. Albiet, very delicous on a hot summer day. the winch is looking good. hopefully we don't have to use that one too to get pull you up the hill :P
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #35846
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

****... I cant win.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #35847
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm NOT a yuppie, liberal, OR a weenie, and I like Blue Moon.
I like a good IPA too. I like beer that has flavor but isn't too hoppy/stout.

We do need checks and balances for the environment, but orgs like Greenpeace and Sierra Club sometimes get a bit extreem and don't want to budge or give. It's kind of like gun control, how far is too far?
RJC#512
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #35848
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ah.... Life is good. BetZ just walked in and set a nice spicy Bloody Mary on my desk. She's a keeper.
RJC#512
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #35849
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'll drive it there if you put go juice in it

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #35850
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Jason. can 100% guarantee you that the sierra club, and other organizations like them, are aimed at shutting down wheeling for good. they don't want compromise, they don't want to keep some of our trails open. they want to use the government to close all of our trails.

the rubicon is a perfect example of this. the sierra club hates that we wheel the rubicon. they want to close it to vehicular access the ONLY reason the Rubicon is still open to us is because it is technically a public highway through the el dorado national forest, regulated by CA not the fed. some very dedicated people have been fighting for that for years. the rest of the el dorado national forest is closed to vehicular access.

the sierra club also supports turning more of our public land into national parks and monuments. right from their website
Quote:
In order to leave a robust wild legacy for our children, we must significantly increase the amount of public lands and waters that are permanently protected as national monuments and wilderness.
sounds great right? wrong. when was the last time you went wheeling in a national monument? never. just ask anyone who used to wheel surprise canyon in death valley.

the sierra club is not fighting to clean up wheeling trails, they want to close them. there are plenty of groups out there that are cleaning up trails and forests, the sierra club is not one of them.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.