San Diego Area - Page 2389 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 02-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #35821
nickgsjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, anyone on here done the entire length of saline valley road? If so how long did it take?

White Jeep Club member #273
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member
nickgsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #35822
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
Joe, Jbolty told me last night you got a dream job in VA and vacated SD rather quickly. Congratulations, but sorry to see you go.
Thanks. Yep, I have been trying to get back into my "normal" profession for almost 4 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Joe, is it going to be a permanent move to VA? if so congrats bud it has been a long time coming.
Thanks. I'm treating it as permanent although we all know chit happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Joe let me know when you get out to Va. Maybe we can meet up again sometime.
I'm already in VA/Fredericksburg area.

I looked at 5 houses today in the King George area & applied for the one that suits me best. If it works out, I'll be a couple miles from work/Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #35823
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Thanks. Yep, I have been trying to get back into my "normal" profession for almost 4 years.

Thanks. I'm treating it as permanent although we all know chit happens.

I'm already in VA/Fredericksburg area.

I looked at 5 houses today in the King George area & applied for the one that suits me best. If it works out, I'll be a couple miles from work/Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren.
I guess Blaine gets to finish your darling so you can abuse it for us on the right coast.

Good luck with the new Job, may it last into retirement
Unread 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #35824
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Whenever anyone needs grade 8 hardware or really anything like grinding discs, screws, nails.... etc dont waste your money at HomeDepot or Lowe's. Go to K Surplus in National City just off the 5 and civic center Dr. Today I went there and got five 1/2" x3" grade 8 bolts, washers, nuts, some odds and ends and it cost me 4.00..... FOUR BUCKS!
After I got home I realized that I forgot a few things so I didn't want to drive all the way back over there so I went to home depot and bought 2 more grade 8, 1/2" bolts, four little 1/2 inch washers (that ended up NOT being 1/2 inch after I got home and opened the bag) and 2 small rotozip grinding discs. Cost me 13.00. LAME. Just thought I'd share that tid-bit
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #35825
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard
Thanks. Yep, I have been trying to get back into my "normal" profession for almost 4 years. Thanks. I'm treating it as permanent although we all know chit happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Joe let me know when you get out to Va. Maybe we can meet up again sometime.
I'm already in VA/Fredericksburg area. I looked at 5 houses today in the King George area & applied for the one that suits me best. If it works out, I'll be a couple miles from work/Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren.
Well hell, Joe we're sure gonna miss ya. Good luck, brother. Thanks for everything!
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #35826
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We're going with out a great jeeper because that's what Joe is.. We're going without a great welder and fab guy, which Joe is, but most importantly we are going with out a GREAT person who Joe certainly is. You better get your butt back to SD whenever you can and hang out with the people who you've made a great impression on and have a few coors lights.
I'm VERY glad that your getting what you want and need and I hope it's your last job. Best of luck my brutha!
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #35827
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You said "Coors Lite" Now he'll never come back, and i don't blame him one bit with that kind of insulting.
Good luck Joe. I hope it turns out permanent for you. Thanks for everything you've done for my rig too.
You'll stay in touch I'm sure.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #35828
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

maybe you don't know joe enough then. Every time I went over there I brought him bud lt. He (after numerous deliveries) mentioned that he prefers coors light.. Personally I'm a Sierra Nevada guy... But that's me.
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #35829
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Can you say "mud bogging" at TDS?

1794554_596275653781249_1347280683_n.jpg
RJC#512
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #35830
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yup. supposed to rain friday which is good at keeping all the dang dust away at tds. Mud? that might get interesting.
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:16 AM   #35831
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
I'm a Sierra Nevada guy...
sierra nevada brewing supports closing trails to us.

I'll drink other beer.
Climbit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:20 AM   #35832
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

As long as it's not raining on Sunday when I'm packing up. That happened a few years back and it sucked! I'm ok with a bit of water and mud. My YJ started life on the east coast. Will be interesting to see the notches wet though
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #35833
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
maybe you don't know joe enough then. Every time I went over there I brought him bud lt. He (after numerous deliveries) mentioned that he prefers coors light.. Personally I'm a Sierra Nevada guy... But that's me.
I'm just messin'. Joe likes them all pretty much.

The storm has been "delayed" a little. Now it's not supposed to rain until Thursday night/Friday morning and continue through Monday.
What will be interesting is the vendor area. That will be muddy to walk in and then the band won't play in the rain, no idea how they will handle the drawing, sitting in a lawn chair with an umbrella sounds fun.
Pretty sure it's going to be a smaller turnout, which makes the odds at the drawing better.
I have been at Ocotillo Wells a few times in the rain. Most of the area isn't muddy, just wet sand, but Mud Rut on the other side of the highway is a mess. That mud is the same as notches. Turns to cement when it dries on your Jeep.
Flash flooding might be an issue back in the phone booth area and a few other places.
Should be interesting.
RJC#512
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #35834
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
sierra nevada brewing supports closing trails to us.

I'll drink other beer.
Wow, the hippie beat me too it Yeah, Sierra Nevada is anti-access! They don't want you out there wheeling your Jeep, motorcycle, or quad. Also, New Belgium (Fatire) is anti-access as well.
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #35835
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what are you guys talking about?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.