Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#41,201 ·
sure. more the merrier. My off season projects got started to late so I'm going to miss this coming weekend but should be ready after that, We go to superstition and johnson valley when we can and corral canyon in the meantime.

couple friends are going up to JV this friday
Thanks for the response. I just got back from the Dusy Ershim. We went the week that they closed the trail for the winter. There was some talk amongst my friends about New Years at Superstition. I'm a little apprehensive as I don't want to listen to blaring mariachi music until 0500. As strange as this may sound I have never been to Corral Canyon and would love to get out there sometime.

#41,202 ·
I like kicking old things back to life.
I needed help with a 2006 2dr LWB unlimited so I posted a new topic in the TJ tech forum.
I still have my 92 YJ. Love that Jeep.
Wife hates it. To rough of a ride, hard to tow and wife has a hard time climbing into it.
Have to remove the front drive shaft because of the Detroit Lockers.
Bought the stock 2006 w/ auto trans so we can tow it and so my wife can get in it.
Paid way to much for it but it sure is pretty
Just came back from a 5K mile road trip in a RV we also bought last year.
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Automotive parking light

#41,203 ·
I like kicking old things back to life.
I needed help with a 2006 2dr LWB unlimited so I posted a new topic in the TJ tech forum.
I still have my 92 YJ. Love that Jeep.
Wife hates it. To rough of a ride, hard to tow and wife has a hard time climbing into it.
Have to remove the front drive shaft because of the Detroit Lockers.
Bought the stock 2006 w/ auto trans so we can tow it and so my wife can get in it.
Paid way to much for it but it sure is pretty
Just came back from a 5K mile road trip in a RV we also bought last year.
View attachment 4193095
Congrats on the LJ! Best Jeep ever made in my opinion. I had one for a while, miss it all the time!

#41,208 ·
You are not wrong about that. I'm adding myself to that refugee list very shortly.
I got out in november. In tennessee now. I kept my job in CA so for now I sadly am still paying taxes there.

#41,209 ·
I got out in november. In tennessee now. I kept my job in CA so for now I sadly am still paying taxes there.
I'm just checking in and it looks like the exodus continues. Todd who bought Mike's green TJ that Blaine built is heading toward my part of SC with it soon. As for me, I couldn't stand the Lowcountry and now I'm up in the southern Appalachian part of the state. I needed to get back to some damn mountains! I sold the JK I bought when I moved back to the state and now I've got an Xterra Pro-4x that I'm building out as an overlanding/bicycle chase rig. I'm also looking for another LJ project to build out too. We'll have to do a NC run Jeff!

#41,210 ·
That's odd, when I worked in Washington DC & commuted from home in Patuxent River Maryland, my state taxes were deducted and went towards Maryland (even though I worked in DC) which splits them & some went to the county I live in.

You may need to contact your HR/finance dept and have your state taxes changed. They don't do it automatically from my experience.

I had to contact the military retirement pay folks too and tell them to change my CA state taxes to VA when I moved to VA and again when I moved to MD.