San Diego Area - Page 2359 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #35371
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, and there is such a thing as "dead right".

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #35372
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I went to a gas station in my Jeep today. Still has mud on it from Big Bear months ago (garage queen).
The station was really busy and some guys had a booth/ez-up set up selling a spray on car finish polish. They were hitting up everybody in the station like vultures. Not ONE of them came up to me and tried to pitch their product. They looked at my Jeep and quickly looked away. lol
I hate when I get harassed at a gas station for spare money (who has "spare money"?), or people pushing stuff for sale.
RJC#512
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #35373
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you dont know muddy.... azusa canyon
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #35374
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^ Is that north of Azusa?
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #35375
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

210 to azusa, go right, about 10 miles and your there.
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #35376
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
210 to azusa, go right, about 10 miles and your there.
nah... I'd rather not.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #35377
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead
^^ This. But I want to add that California is the only state in the US that it is legal to split lanes, and they are working on getting that changed. And an update on the fatal yesterday: The witnesses say the truck was in the right lane in heavy traffic. The motorcycle passed on the right in the parking lane as the truck was entering a driveway with his signal on. Looks like it was his mistake and he paid with his life. Police report says he was still alive when they arrived but was choking on blood but talking. No head injuries due to helmet use. Died at the scene. I have witnessed two accidents involving bikes. Both from lane splitting. I lost a friend a few years back that was on Ortega and crossed the center line when he misjudged the curve. My son was on Ortega a few years ago and a guy in a pickup coming the other way cut across the line on a cruve and hit him in the shoulder with his rear view mirror. He went down and under the trucks rear wheel. Nope, the bike itself isn't dangerous, people are. And for the record, I had a dual sport with the same tires and slid out on a paved road that had a light layer of sand on it. I also slid out going around a corner and there was water in the gutter that crossed the road. They are knobbies, not street tires. DOT approved or not.
So is it Matt that you are talking about that died yesterday?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #35378
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Look, I don't give a flying **** what you guys say to me, statistically speaking, I'm safer on the bike. I'd have PREFERRED to be on the bike yesterday, because I would have had PLENTY of room to navigate around EITHER side of him. There was a good 8 feet to his right- not enough for a car, enough for me and my bike.

Back off. I ride my bike because it is the ONLY type of therapy that works on me, I have tried everything to relax, nothing works like my bike does. If anybody has negative **** to say about me and my bike then you can kiss my *** and **** right off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing it EVERY ****ing where I go. Almost every person I meet says the same **** to me.

"Oh you ride? You're gunna get yourself killed on it *******!"

So ****ing what? What I spend my money on and do with my time is my ****ing business, not yours.

And if you're still gunna sit there on your *** and TELL ME as though I am a 2 year old and not a grown *** man that my bike is dangerous without even realizing for half a fraction of a second that rarely is it ever the fault of the biker in accidents then i'm just going to ignore you. Easiest way to get me to stop paying attention to you. If safety courses were mandated for cars like they are for bikes for those under 21 then we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

As for the asshats who decide to lane split higher then 40mph, **** them. They're being dumabsses. I lane split below 40mph because I'm not going to sit in traffic and let my bike overheat and ruin the engine, especially since my bike is my only mode of transportation. Lane splitting is great, don't have to deal with overheating bikes or *******s trying to push you out of your lane because they need to merge in.

Rant mode off. I'm done for the night.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #35379
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ah young hubris...
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #35380
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Look, I don't give a flying **** what you guys say to me, statistically speaking, I'm safer on the bike. I'd have PREFERRED to be on the bike yesterday, because I would have had PLENTY of room to navigate around EITHER side of him. There was a good 8 feet to his right- not enough for a car, enough for me and my bike.

Back off. I ride my bike because it is the ONLY type of therapy that works on me, I have tried everything to relax, nothing works like my bike does. If anybody has negative **** to say about me and my bike then you can kiss my *** and **** right off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing it EVERY ****ing where I go. Almost every person I meet says the same **** to me.

"Oh you ride? You're gunna get yourself killed on it *******!"

So ****ing what? What I spend my money on and do with my time is my ****ing business, not yours.

And if you're still gunna sit there on your *** and TELL ME as though I am a 2 year old and not a grown *** man that my bike is dangerous without even realizing for half a fraction of a second that rarely is it ever the fault of the biker in accidents then i'm just going to ignore you. Easiest way to get me to stop paying attention to you. If safety courses were mandated for cars like they are for bikes for those under 21 then we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

As for the asshats who decide to lane split higher then 40mph, **** them. They're being dumabsses. I lane split below 40mph because I'm not going to sit in traffic and let my bike overheat and ruin the engine, especially since my bike is my only mode of transportation. Lane splitting is great, don't have to deal with overheating bikes or *******s trying to push you out of your lane because they need to merge in.

Rant mode off. I'm done for the night.
Why am I not surprised?

You can be angry with yourself all you want - but don't lash out at the folks here.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #35381
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You guys need to leave Xpress alone. For Gods sake he's 19-20 years old. He's already learned everything there is to know about everything. I know I did by the time I was 20.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #35382
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hmm.. sounds like someone needs a or a

In all seriousness, if you don't like people giving you good advice maybe you should go to another site. One that could care less about you.... As I see it, on here, we act like family. I don't think you've EVER taken anyone's advice if it didn't concur with your one sided mentality. Actually, according to forum rules, you should probably be banned but who am I to say. I'm not a moderator.
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #35383
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
xpress, you've been on a jeep forum for quite some time now. When are you gonna go on a run? Your avatar isn't even a jeep.
when he has a working one lol
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #35384
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
You guys need to leave Xpress alone. For Gods sake he's 19-20 years old. He's already learned everything there is to know about everything. I know I did by the time I was 20.
sure you may have known everything when you were 20... but you immediately started forgetting it.
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #35385
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So is it Matt that you are talking about that died yesterday?
Yes Matt. He left behind his wife Sarah and two little girls. I think you met him at my house. Their oldest daughter is named Avery.

Xpress, I think you might be over reacting and not reading what is being put out.
I specifically said bikes are not dangerous, people are. That includes people on bikes, people in cars, and pedestrians. Then throw in the obstacles like chunks of truck tires, rocks, crap that flies out of people's non-secure loads, weather, glare from the sun, you name it. Every bit of it is way worse on a bike and you know it.
Just keep your eyes open and expect the worst at any moment. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Ask anybody that has been riding since 1965 on the street. (yeah I'm old, what of it?)

Meanwhile.. I used to go get muck baths in Azusa Canyon. It takes forever plus infinity to get some of the mud off. It comes off really easy when you are laying under it and it sees your eyes to drop into about a year later. lol
RJC#512

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.