San Diego Area - Page 2356 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #35326
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
Our new Jeep! So nice to have the 4 doors for the kids. Even has room for groceries.lol
Is that Gerald's/Savvy JK?

Duh-I just saw the plate. Shouldn't have any axle issues at least!

Unread 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #35327
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yep it was Geralds,he's gonna build a red one now to match new race Jeep. It rides like a Cadillac!
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #35328
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Was a gorgeous weekend this past Sunday, me and some buds went for a ride, cruised up through Palomar, photographer happened to snag some pics of me.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #35329
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thought I’d share some pics of a fab project. Pretty simple compared to some stuff in here but I’m really stoked with how they came out.

Dan (Wjdesertracer) helped me bend up some round tube then weld it to the factory Rubicon sliders. A little primer & paint and we’re good to go. Dan’s got some great welding & fab skills; I would definitely recommend anyone hit him up for fabrication help.

test fit

primed & painted
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #35330
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #35331
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm training right now on MCRD, and was wondering if there was anyone headed out to superstition either Friday night or Saturday morning? I would need a ride and a spot to sleep. I promise I'm a cool guy! ;P
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #35332
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
I'm training right now on MCRD, and was wondering if there was anyone headed out to superstition either Friday night or Saturday morning? I would need a ride and a spot to sleep. I promise I'm a cool guy! ;P
What time do you think you would be ready on Friday?

If you get a ride I have plenty of sleeping bags.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #35333
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have an open seat there and back, just not an open seat on the trail. I have a spare tent in bringing too
. Was going to use it for putting my junk in but its up for grabs if anyone wants to use it
Unread 01-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #35334
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Supposed to get off about 3:30, but depends how classes go. Then change and throw stuff in a bag. So id say 5 at the earliest to be ready to go.
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #35335
marlowequart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Brakes

First time poster in the san diego area here. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good mechanic who knows jeeps and who could do the upgrade to the teraflex conversion kit for the rear brakes. El cajon/ocean beach area is preferable. Thanks.
marlowequart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #35336
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowequart View Post
First time poster in the san diego area here. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good mechanic who knows jeeps and who could do the upgrade to the teraflex conversion kit for the rear brakes. El cajon/ocean beach area is preferable. Thanks.
With a bunch of the SD guys heading to Superstition this weekend it may be next week before you see a response. It's probably something that you can do yourself and with the help of others. I'd wait and see how much carnage there is over this weekend and join in a wrenching party next weekend
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #35337
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What rear axle do you have, and what type of conversion kit?

Most people are gone, but does anybody know of a shop that could press out and press in some ball-joints for me? I need them done of the front arms for the bug so I can get this damn disc brake conversion kit put on.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #35338
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hopefully you didn't buy/purchase it already. If so, I feel sorry for you, seriously.

You NEED to call/contact mrblaine/BlackMagicBrakes.com. Without question, Blaine is the authority for brake modifications. If you decide not to contact him, feel free to follow the sheep & leap off the cliff.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #35339
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That conversion is easy. The two harder parts are cutting and reflaring the brake hard lines to work with the new flex hoses that go to the calipers. That and you will need to put new bearings on the axles with the Rubi style retainers if you have a Dana 44, if not, then you are golden if you have the 35. Probably one of the few times you will see golden and Dana 35 in the same sentence.

There is also some interference issues between the caliper and the inside of the rim depending on which rims you have so be prepared for that.
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #35340
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am Very Anti teraflex. But that's just me..
Sent from a campfire at superstition .
1390098440411.jpg  
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.