San Diego Area - Page 2354 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #35296
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress
Mine is still holding up
How much cutting do you do?

I cut 12' of weld about 5/16" thick in the last 2 days.

They didn't like that much.

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #35297
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

DONE! What a PITA this was... After all is said and done I still screwed up. In order to put the frame tie ins in I'd have to pull the bumper and drill some holes... NOPE! It's over kill anyways. SOOO.. I posted up in the for-sale-section....
If anyone plans on getting this bumper set up, realize you'll NEED to drop the tank, notch the bumper crossmember 2x, take off your rear body mounts and drill holes in your frame on ea side (if you get the tie-in's) BEFORE you can put your bumper on... To then take off, paint, dry, sand, paint, dry, clear coat, dry.. and then CAREFULLY hammer on into place... An engine change is easier than this one was....
Hows' the Aluminum paint job look? I'm getting the Savvy front bumper tomorrow so wanted it to kinda match....
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #35298
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
How much cutting do you do?

I cut 12' of weld about 5/16" thick in the last 2 days.

They didn't like that much.
I did about 2 feet of stock 2.5L motor mounts...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #35299
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Who ever is not working tomorrow and is willing to get their jeep dirty let us know. Brokenujoint, caulsouthjeep and me will be going to pancake rock tomorrow at 9am.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #35300
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
DONE! What a PITA this was... After all is said and done I still screwed up. In order to put the frame tie ins in I'd have to pull the bumper and drill some holes... NOPE! It's over kill anyways. SOOO.. I posted up in the for-sale-section....
If anyone plans on getting this bumper set up, realize you'll NEED to drop the tank, notch the bumper crossmember 2x, take off your rear body mounts and drill holes in your frame on ea side (if you get the tie-in's) BEFORE you can put your bumper on... To then take off, paint, dry, sand, paint, dry, clear coat, dry.. and then CAREFULLY hammer on into place... An engine change is easier than this one was....
Hows' the Aluminum paint job look? I'm getting the Savvy front bumper tomorrow so wanted it to kinda match....
just weld the ****er on there and be done with it.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #35301
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Who ever is not working tomorrow and is willing to get their jeep dirty let us know. Brokenujoint, caulsouthjeep and me will be going to pancake rock tomorrow at 9am.
How difficult is the trail to pancake? Thinking about trying it out sometime on my KLR...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #35302
redluve1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dang if I wasn't having some trailer repair done today I would totally go to pancake rocks and try out my new tires!
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #35303
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

repair party at my house tomorrow (sat) and maybe sunday. I have a couple of small things I might need a hand with and there are one or two others that I know are coming over to fix a few items.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #35304
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
repair party at my house tomorrow (sat) and maybe sunday. I have a couple of small things I might need a hand with and there are one or two others that I know are coming over to fix a few items.
What time is decent? Couple things to diagnose and probably get crazy with a grease gun while I'm under the rig. lol
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #35305
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
What time is decent? Couple things to diagnose and probably get crazy with a grease gun while I'm under the rig. lol
Any time after about 8 is fine. I try to avoid disturbing the neighbors too early.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #35306
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I made it! I'm in SD after a bunch of flight cancellations. Jeff let me know if you want a hand this weekend! Number hasn't changed if you still have it. No car though...
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #35307
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well pancake actually kinda beat me up today. Blew a hub at the rock garden. . Then as we headed out I wasnt paying attention on a down slope and dropped off a rolling step up at about 7 mph and my rear end went about 7 ft in the air. If I didn't let off the brakes I would off went over... Then I bumped my head on the cage... Best day in awhile!
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #35308
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Well pancake actually kinda beat me up today. Blew a hub at the rock garden. . Then as we headed out I wasnt paying attention on a down slope and dropped off a rolling step up at about 7 mph and my rear end went about 7 ft in the air. If I didn't let off the brakes I would off went over... Then I bumped my head on the cage... Best day in awhile!
Was that the same hub we were discussing at the top of the lookout point? The one you were worried about making noise ?
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #35309
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

sure is.... I figured it was giving up a ghost ever since the Veteran's event at Ocotillo. Just ordered up new hubs. I thought that yukon offered an upgrade, but not for the 5x4.5 so I'm stuck with the same replacement. Gonna get some fuses too.
Unread 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #35310
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
How difficult is the trail to pancake? Thinking about trying it out sometime on my KLR...
Your KLR should be a blast on the trail. When we were there last weekend there were 3 bikes came roaring up the trail.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.