San Diego Area - Page 2349 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #35221
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
normally I'd agree but it wasn't practical to use leather gloves where I was at (tight spot). I always use surgical latex gloves but mostly for the glamour of maintaining sexy hands. If I had been wearing latex gloves when I did that... well I'm not sure how that would of turned out.Burnt skin, or burnt skin with burnt plastic fused to it.
leather?? oh no, i meant like mechanics gloves. personally i hate that brand. the ones at the depot suck too. Dixieline has the best line of working gloves that i've found. get the contractors vented. they work well in grease, breathe and leave you a lot of dexterity.

Unread 01-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #35222
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Heartfelt Thanks

Hey gang. Thank you all for your kind condolences. We really are a "family" of sorts. My Intent with that post was just to say that things can't get much worse, not to elicit sympathy, but I guess my brain wasn't working quite right at the time (not that it works right ANY time, but..). She is finally at rest now. It is more a blessing that a burden. She is with my dad and our Lord, and that is a very good thing. Thanks again, guys. It's good to know I can count on y'all.
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #35223
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Regardless of sympathy voting or not, we are family here and your loss is our loss. This yr will be better for you Moose!

On another topic: This bumper is only getting worse. After notching out the rear end and ever so gently getting the bumper to fit the carriage bolt holes in the bumper dont/won't line up with ea other. GREAT.. Besides that, I thought I'd be able to just drop out the rear of the tank and let the front hang by a few threads. WRONG..So, I had to drop the tank. So much fun when you do it by yourself with a 1/4 tank of gas in it. I forgot how damn heavy and cumbersome that one man job is. SO after I got the tank down 1/2 way I had to disconnect the vent lines. SNAP. There goes the vent line 3 way tee in.... Off to autozone.. After that was fixed I still had to address the carriage alignment. A simple dowel took care of that. After all that was done and I got to put the tank back up. Did you know that you cant put the rear of the tank on 1st then the front w/o it hitting the track bar? Me either. So the track bar came apart. I couldnt get my rear left and right body lift mounts in because the bumper sits 1/4" higher plus a hair. Now i get to loosen all my mounts and attempt to slide it it. I did, but now I realize my bolts are to short. They were pushing it before and now, no way. Home depot carries BARELY any grade 8's.. Lovely.
So that's where I am today. Bumpers in, tanks back on. Tomorrow is off to K Hardware in chula vista, trackbar, and then it's paint time.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #35224
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Regardless of sympathy voting or not, we are family here and your loss is our loss. This yr will be better for you Moose!

On another topic: This bumper is only getting worse. After notching out the rear end and ever so gently getting the bumper to fit the carriage bolt holes in the bumper dont/won't line up with ea other. GREAT.. Besides that, I thought I'd be able to just drop out the rear of the tank and let the front hang by a few threads. WRONG..So, I had to drop the tank. So much fun when you do it by yourself with a 1/4 tank of gas in it. I forgot how damn heavy and cumbersome that one man job is. SO after I got the tank down 1/2 way I had to disconnect the vent lines. SNAP. There goes the vent line 3 way tee in.... Off to autozone.. After that was fixed I still had to address the carriage alignment. A simple dowel took care of that. After all that was done and I got to put the tank back up. Did you know that you cant put the rear of the tank on 1st then the front w/o it hitting the track bar? Me either. So the track bar came apart. I couldnt get my rear left and right body lift mounts in because the bumper sits 1/4" higher plus a hair. Now i get to loosen all my mounts and attempt to slide it it. I did, but now I realize my bolts are to short. They were pushing it before and now, no way. Home depot carries BARELY any grade 8's.. Lovely.
So that's where I am today. Bumpers in, tanks back on. Tomorrow is off to K Hardware in chula vista, trackbar, and then it's paint time.
I looked hard at that bumper before finally deciding on the Savvy. The main reason being was that I read how much of a PITA is was to install it However, once installed the thing looks great
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #35225
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
nickgsjeep and I are heading out to Canyon Sin Nombre Sat AM, if anyone else wants to go we’re meeting off the 8 in ocotillo just before 9.
Looks like the run is off, nick had something come up and as I am not familiar with that area, I'd make a horrible trail guide.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #35226
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im thinking about changing my jeeps color theme to red and silver. I painted the bumper semi gloss black today and it just looks like the stock crossmember with clevis points. lol... At 400.00 I need it to bling a little more. Kinda like the gen right rigs
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #35227
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It looks good with the red. Some colors the silver does not look good at all, like blue. JMHO.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #35228
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt
Looks like the run is off, nick had something come up and as I am not familiar with that area, I'd make a horrible trail guide.
Why not come do Pancake rock with Kuruma and me? Meet at park&ride at I-8 and Hwy 79 at 8AM
Unread 01-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #35229
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Im thinking about changing my jeeps color theme to red and silver. I painted the bumper semi gloss black today and it just looks like the stock crossmember with clevis points. lol... At 400.00 I need it to bling a little more. Kinda like the gen right rigs
I like it in green...

In other news, this happened today...

Guess he tried scaling a rock off to the high side of the trail and tipped over. Everybody inside was alright, and they drove it home once we rolled it back over.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #35230
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

ababa bolt in El Cajon has the best pricing on hardware I have seen so far. they are on Pioneer past MIT... unlike a lot of places, you can get grade 8 bolts as singles pieces, which is nice when you only need a couple.

there is also a fastenal right around the corner if they don't have what you need.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #35231
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Wow that sux. Glad everybody is OK. His mom is gong to be pissed tho'. lol
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #35232
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That'll buff out
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #35233
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Xpress you should ask him for the axles for your project.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #35234
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

And a motor, transmission....transfer case, etc.
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #35235
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh man Ive been looking for a 4 door JK (since I have 2 kids) since I sold my TJ acouple months ago & just saw Savvy JK 4 door is for sale.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.