San Diego Area - Page 2340 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Reply
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #35086
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,561
so I got my deposit back from my apartment today. 19 days later. 268.00 of 750.00... WTF?!!!! they repainted for 200 and cleaned for 100. funny because the place was in MOVE IN CONDITION (ask JBolty) and was actually as clean or cleaner than when I moved in. I lived there 1 yr. I'm pissed. So I call and complain and asked why the hell are you charging me 500 dollars in fee's? I hung ONE mirror up and the walls were clean. Carpet? Well, I understand the enviro/legal reason to have to do that and they charged like 75.00 for that. 200 to paint? REALLY? 100 to clean? Clean WHAT?!!!! I had a number of valid points to make and they are "investigating" but that just means that I need to go to the store to buy some KY otherwise it's just gonna hurt me more... SOOOOOO Xmas is gonna be lean for those receiving from me..

brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #35087
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,561
on a side note: anyone know how to make molotov cocktails? Maybe someone wants to do a midnight ransack? Did I say that out loud? Ricin... (cough cough)
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #35088
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,976
It seemed fairly clean when I was there.
apt1.jpg

424cf96160bb9f9f14e699f88ba6f582-orig.jpg

__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #35089
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,561
ya know Jeff, I wish I'd of left it that way... they basically raped my jeep of the detroit in my 44... They just crept into the night,opened up my diff and slide out my differential. Then said, "so what!" "What ya gonna do about it...?"
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #35090
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,561
getting some camping gear. What do you guys think about this big ol chair? Should stand out a little.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #35091
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,751
Maybe I'll fit in a chair for once...grab two!
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #35092
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
Thoughts? The eventual plan is a couple inches stretch.
Pretty good start!

On another note: Moose needs a chair like that!
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #35093
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
It seemed fairly clean when I was there.
Looked like a nice place to catch a quick nap at too.




Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #35094
TJRoberto
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post



Thoughts?

The eventual plan is a couple inches stretch.
I would say that the back section of the bend is to back, just a little bit.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #35095
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
I would say that the back section of the bend is to back, just a little bit.
Probably about right since Taylor mentioned stretching it.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #35096
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Probably about right since Taylor mentioned stretching it.
yep

with that tube the way it is now, I could get about 6" of stretch with a tank relocation...
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #35097
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
so I got my deposit back from my apartment today. 19 days later. 268.00 of 750.00... WTF?!!!! they repainted for 200 and cleaned for 100. funny because the place was in MOVE IN CONDITION (ask JBolty) and was actually as clean or cleaner than when I moved in. I lived there 1 yr. I'm pissed. So I call and complain and asked why the hell are you charging me 500 dollars in fee's? I hung ONE mirror up and the walls were clean. Carpet? Well, I understand the enviro/legal reason to have to do that and they charged like 75.00 for that. 200 to paint? REALLY? 100 to clean? Clean WHAT?!!!! I had a number of valid points to make and they are "investigating" but that just means that I need to go to the store to buy some KY otherwise it's just gonna hurt me more... SOOOOOO Xmas is gonna be lean for those receiving from me..
The only chance you had of getting back most of your deposit was to document with before and after photos and walk-through with a sign-off of condition with the agent for the property with that duration of residence.

If you trust them to do the right thing instead of putting them in the position where they have to, it won't happen most of the time.

Had you managed to be there for 2 years, things are different but 1 year puts you at a singular disadvantage. There are some very good tenant landlord tutorials and copies of the law online that define the relationship in which you as a tenant clearly have the advantage. It may not hurt to study up some if that money is important.

The best thing that could have happened is for them to wait 21 days to return your money at which point they would have had to forfeit the whole thing back to you or face much higher penalties for not doing so.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #35098
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post



Thoughts?

The eventual plan is a couple inches stretch.
If you're gonna stretch it, the double bend at the top of the flare in the front will not look as good as it could.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #35099
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego. Named after a whale's vagina, CA
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only chance you had of getting back most of your deposit was to document with before and after photos and walk-through with a sign-off of condition with the agent for the property with that duration of residence.

If you trust them to do the right thing instead of putting them in the position where they have to, it won't happen most of the time.

Had you managed to be there for 2 years, things are different but 1 year puts you at a singular disadvantage. There are some very good tenant landlord tutorials and copies of the law online that define the relationship in which you as a tenant clearly have the advantage. It may not hurt to study up some if that money is important.

The best thing that could have happened is for them to wait 21 days to return your money at which point they would have had to forfeit the whole thing back to you or face much higher penalties for not doing so.
When I moved in and did the walk through I had the lady document everything I saw wrong and there were a number of things... My mistake is that I didn't get a copy. I'd never been screwed over by an apt management like that before so I was nieve there. Only leg I have to stand on is that they didn't do a final walk through. I requested it, but they said the person was out and they would do it after the wknd... They never did. I called the manager's manager and she wasn't to happy that they didnt do a walk through and said she'd get back to me.. They took afterward pics and I CANT WAIT to see what they induced to create work. They also had the wrong deposit amount on their end. they shorted me 50 so I'll get that back.. Stuff like this makes you borderline paranoid of transactions..
The money loss doesnt put me in dire straights but it's more the principle and even if I was a millionaire, 500 bucks is 500 bucks. If it were debatable I'd understand but take it from me, I left that place MINT
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #35100
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,751
What Blaine said... Read up on California civil code 1950.5. It's amazing how people's persona changes when mention of certified letters and small claims court comes up. Fyi I've been in your situation once or twice
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.