San Diego Area - Page 2332 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 12-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #34966
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Kinda like a hi-lift jack.. .Not if but more like When....
That thing has safety hazard written all over it.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #34967
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

was anyone out in superstition this weekend .
pistol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #34968
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZeDav

Thanks Chris. First I have to figure out how to repair the back 2 corners. I tried to pull the body back today with a come along. I loosened all the body mounts but no luck. maybe I have to pull it on both sides. I did wedge up the back and took one of the back corner mounts out. I have to upgrade my account here and take some pictures. Might take me a month or 2 .

I think my gas tank was holding the tub from going forward.
If you need any welding or fabrication let me know. I can also shoot down to your place if you need a hand at some point.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #34969
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Hi Dave.

You can still link pix from photobucket.com

Chances are you will have to loosen all the mounts and maybe remove all but one or two to get the body re centered.

I forget, are you in Santee?
Now I just need a camera, The one I had also broken.
I loosen them all, but did now remove any, Thanx
and Yes

the mounts look straight except the ones at the very back corners. looks like the tub needs to come back little . Going to have to look at a couple other YJ's to compare. Does the back edge of the tub line up vertically with the back end of the cross member?
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #34970
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol View Post
was anyone out in supper this weekend .
I was, on Thursday and Friday. Funny thing about that was : of the vast area to camp we parked about 200 yrds from a group of ppl you just happened to have brought Our Step granddaughter with them. She spotted my derelict RV so we had a turkey Dinner with them.
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #34971
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If you need any welding or fabrication let me know. I can also shoot down to your place if you need a hand at some point.
Thanks for the offer.
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #34972
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I started a thread in the YJ section so I don't clog up the local chit chat here.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/3...92-yj-1849250/
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #34973
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Maker Place ? http://makerplace.com/

Anyone ever go here or here of it? I drove by on Morena Blvd and saw it the other day and just though to look it up.

Seems like you have to buy access a month at a time but there is some potential to get access to expensive tools.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #34974
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We loaded up the Taco for a 1400 mile Arizona adventure. We did a bunch of hiking and I did some successful fly fishing for Verde Trout along the way. We only did some mild off-roading since I still need to get my sliders welded on. The new suspension I installed last weekend worked amazingly well and we were comfortable in the rig for the whole trip.

The only issue we ran into was a potential oil leak that turned out to be nothing but a careless mess. I took the truck in for a quick oil change Wednesday morning before we left and noticed oil dripping from the skid on Thursday. After crawling around trying to figure out what was wrong I discovered that the mechanic left the old filter sitting on the skid and it tipped over spilling out what oil was left in it. So other than the inconvenience of cleaning up his mess it turned out to nothing
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #34975
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have pictures of the suspention upgrades on the Taco? I have a friend with a FJ and another one with 2008 Tacoma that want to get a good suspention lift.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #34976
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZeDav View Post
I was, on Thursday and Friday. Funny thing about that was : of the vast area to camp we parked about 200 yrds from a group of ppl you just happened to have brought Our Step granddaughter with them. She spotted my derelict RV so we had a turkey Dinner with them.
did you happen to see the dark gray-black jeep taking runs at the hill friday and if you did did you take any pictures or video of it ?
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #34977
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol View Post
did you happen to see the dark gray-black jeep taking runs at the hill Friday and if you did, did you take any pictures or video of it ?
Was that you? The Uncle of my step granddaughter was running up sand dam in his black TJ but that was on Thursday.
Sorry I was only out on the hill for about and half hour when I discovered that my body mounts had punched through the sheet metal.
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #34978
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZeDav View Post
Was that you? The Uncle of my step granddaughter was running up sand dam in his black TJ but that was on Thursday.
Sorry I was only out on the hill for about and half hour when I discovered that my body mounts had punched through the sheet metal.
Its kinda a yj-tj sorta in the middle jeep v8 coil overs all around
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #34979
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Do you have pictures of the suspention upgrades on the Taco? I have a friend with a FJ and another one with 2008 Tacoma that want to get a good suspention lift.
Here are the only pics that I have that really show the lift. I went with the OME (Old Man Emu) kit from Wheelers Off-Road. I contemplated FOX coilovers but decided to keep it simple and reliable since this is a dual-sport rig. We did over 40 miles of washboard to get to a fishing spot and the ride was excellent.

BTW, forgive the stockish tires. I'm installing 285/75-16 (33's) on SCS rims later this month.
taco1.jpg   taco2.jpg  
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #34980
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I need to get my sliders welded onto my Taco. The All-Pro sliders I bought use 16 self tapping bolts per side and I'm leery of using them. I think I'd rather weld them on and be done with it. Wanna set up a time to help out? I'll drive up and bring beer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.