San Diego Area - Page 2321 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 11-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #34801
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Anybody else see what's going on in the Philippines??? :-(
Yep. Tragic to say the least.

I lived in the Philippines for about 3 years. I'd like to live there again, but things like this seem to happen a lot there.

I was there when the 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Baguio City, and when a typhoon and Mt Pinatubo eruption happened at the same time.

To give you an idea how bad Mt Pinatubo was, National Geographic Magazine said it was 7x's more powerful than Mt St Helens.

For the most part, the Subic Naval Base I worked at was without electricity for about 4 weeks. No power or water. There was ~8-12" of volcanic ash everywhere. It was coming down so hard that it was pitch black outside at noon. The ash had the consistency of wet beach sand & very heavy.

I'd still like to live there again. Property is super cheap and the USD goes a long way. My last house was a 2 bedroom & I was paying $75 (yes, seventy five) bucks a month. The average Filipino then made ~$40 per month.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #34802
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week

Calsouth earns Big Ten Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-s...111113aaa.html
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #34803
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
So who is the one that is selling LED bars in here? I decide to go to Baja 1000 at the last moment and need some extra lighting. I also need a winch guard (grill guard) to mount the lights on. Any advise or help is greatly appreciated not looking to spend Rigid prices on the light$.
Thanks to Gerald and Sam I am ready for the weekend, any one else heading down to Baja this weekend?

*who knows why every time I post a pictures from my iphone, they come out sideways?
photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #34804
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yep. Tragic to say the least.

I lived in the Philippines for about 3 years. I'd like to live there again, but things like this seem to happen a lot there.

I was there when the 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Baguio City, and when a typhoon and Mt Pinatubo eruption happened at the same time.

To give you an idea how bad Mt Pinatubo was, National Geographic Magazine said it was 7x's more powerful than Mt St Helens.

For the most part, the Subic Naval Base I worked at was without electricity for about 4 weeks. No power or water. There was ~8-12" of volcanic ash everywhere. It was coming down so hard that it was pitch black outside at noon. The ash had the consistency of wet beach sand & very heavy.

I'd still like to live there again. Property is super cheap and the USD goes a long way. My last house was a 2 bedroom & I was paying $75 (yes, seventy five) bucks a month. The average Filipino then made ~$40 per month.

Wow. That's nuts. Crazy cheap too. I've been to a few places in Asia now and always stoked on how far the dollar goes. Seems like airfare there costs more then the time you spend. Anyways, this is all so tragic.
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #34805
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
Calsouth earns Big Ten Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-s...111113aaa.html
Awesome!

I have been meaning to give him a call to see how things are going and to let him know we haven't forgotten about him. Now I'll add a couple congrats to the call.
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #34806
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So folks know, and as a reminder for those who already know, questionable or illegal trail runs have no place on this forum.

If you don't know if where you are wanting to drive is open to the public for "wheeling" find out first & be sure it is. Otherwise, you risk the repercussions which can be severe.
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #34807
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Looks good Rob! Glad to help, let me know when you want a roof bar to match.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #34808
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Kevin came over last Saturday and we spent a good part of the day getting my front axle back in. Thanks for that. I still need to take care of a few loose ends and then drive the thing a little to break in the gears. Plus, new shocks.

Unfortunately my schedule at work, home projects and the early sunset have conspired to prevent me from getting more stuff done but at least all the major work is complete. Not going to be ready in time for the trip this weekend but I'm looking forward to a good desert season.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #34809
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Unfortunately my schedule at work, home projects and the early sunset have conspired to prevent me from getting more stuff done
I feel you here... I still have a ZJ torn apart in my driveway...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #34810
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ive got a shotgun seat if your interested. That or you need to get it together and go buy some shocks asap..
brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #34811
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

any idea where this trail is?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nq2jY1trxqg?rel=0
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #34812
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Wow! That thing was bouncing around like like a YJ
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #34813
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ha! No kidding. I love that it's a dodge promo video (from what I can tell) and guy is smoking. Boy have times changed
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #34814
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so I just bought a new tow rig for my jeep . Shortly afterwards I realized that I won the mega millions lottery and had a 14" uhmmmmm ... ok.. I'm dreaming ....... sue me
brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #34815
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
so I just bought a new tow rig for my jeep . Shortly afterwards I realized that I won the mega millions lottery and had a 14" uhmmmmm ... ok.. I'm dreaming ....... sue me
A little more than what I would want. BTW, I'm up to 3 posts on the Tacomaworld forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.