San Diego Area - Page 2313 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #34681
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Sweet. Now just try not to sh** where you sleep ;-). I saw a motorcycle the other day with a plate that read "cgrtamr". Might that have been you?
His plate is gonna say rode hard and put away wet. Kev thinks he's gonna have time to work on his Jeep. good luck buddy.
Saving 800 bucks and access to a garage is pretty sweet, happy for ya

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #34682
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ha!
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #34683
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No I learned a long time ago not to go there with either work or with a situation like room mating esp if it ain't my place. Just good eye candy and hoping she's got some hot gf's...
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #34684
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
pretty stoked. Got the room mate situation locked in. Not particularly happy to be room mating but it saves me 800 a month, I get a HUGE garage space and permission to do whatever I want. Huge back yard for the dog and the room mate is pretty good on the eyes.
So when is the first wrenching party? Or regular party with the roommate?
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #34685
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After I "feel" it out. Don't move in til Dec 1. Could use a truck and a buddy. That could save me a week of back pain for sure.
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #34686
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
After I "feel" it out. Don't move in til Dec 1. Could use a truck and a buddy. That could save me a week of back pain for sure.
Got a truck and trailer that work for beer if my schedule lines up

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #34687
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

now your talking!
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #34688
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Waterpump on the ZJ blew last night

Wondering if I should just rebuild the engine before it goes into the YJ...
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #34689
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Waterpump on the ZJ blew last night

Wondering if I should just rebuild the engine before it goes into the YJ...
That'd be the smartest thing to do, right?
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #34690
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just replace the pump and go on with life. If I were you I'd pick up another donor or daily before starting this swap. Winter is quickly approaching you know...bikes suck in the rain
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #34691
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My axle is all fixed. Got it done at progear for what I consider a very fair price. The only dagger thru the heart is that my locker was broken so add another $900 on top.

I considered taking the opportunity to upgrade to 30 spline, or maybe buy an entire new axle or some other swap. But with the season here I just fixed it as is and will start considering possible options for an upgrade next year.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #34692
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
My axle is all fixed. Got it done at progear for what I consider a very fair price. The only dagger thru the heart is that my locker was broken so add another $900 on top.
Good to hear, Jeff. Wise choice. Does that mean you can go to the Melanoma run with me next weekend?

BTW, I stopped in to visit at Progear yesterday and found out that Mark has sold the business! He will be in and out over the next month or so, then he moves to Hawaii! Today is his last day before he officially retires.

The new owner is Craig Scott, the manager of ORW in El Cajon, (or at least he WAS the manager). Craig is a very cool guy that has also been a friend of mine for years. He is a long-time Jeeper. I wish them both great times and good luck.
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #34693
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Just replace the pump and go on with life. If I were you I'd pick up another donor or daily before starting this swap. Winter is quickly approaching you know...bikes suck in the rain
Don't have the cash for that, and the ZJ is going to be my dd when it rains.

I can't go a day without riding, even if it's 35* outside So long as the sun is shining, the roads are dry, and the birds are chirping, I will ride.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #34694
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

why would you rebuilt an engine just because the water pump went out? Did you drive it another 5 miles with no water in it and temps were pegged? Was the pump just leaking through the weap hole? Details please.
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #34695
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

I considered taking the opportunity to upgrade to 30 spline, or maybe buy an entire new axle or some other swap. But with the season here I just fixed it as is and will start considering possible options for an upgrade next year.
Man that sucks Jeff I was always concerned with damage to the R&P and locker with 30 spline or chromoly shafts. Seems if you get twisted up that force has to go somewhere and I'd rather blow stock axle shafts/u-joints than something in the diff. They're easy enough to swap out on the trail and used ones are had cheap enough to keep a few as spares.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.