San Diego Area - Page 2312 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #34666
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Welder View Post
If you want to learn, listen up. Otherwise go pound sand and continue to be a wanna be welder.
Hi Allen! Long time - no hear.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #34667
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Welder
The retardedness regarding the regurgitated interweb "welding facts" I find amusing. Very amusing...Ever heard of weld creep? No, you most certainly haven't.

Everyone seems to claim they're no welding expert, yet continue to speak as one. I've been doing this 20 years this coming February, and I'm still no expert. I've been certified in D1.1, D1.2, D1.6, D14.3, and D15.1, structural, holding tanks, pressure vessels, prototype weapons and weapons systems for the DOD, in most processes (you don't SMAW weld aluminum), and in all positions. What have you "experts" ever been certified in and done on a daily basis to put money in your pockets?

2" of weld and let it cool completely. Sure. Keep dreaming...Obviously you've never worked a pipeline, oil rig, production shop, job shop or OEM manufacturer. You wouldn't even pass the welder qualification test. Seems to me you've read crap on the interweb and bought into it...

Control your warping through skip welding here and there...only if you're a ****ing welding engineer genius. Computer programs now figure that **** out so that every part is right the first time, and every time after that. Anything less is a guess at best...

If you can properly explain to me a simple GMAW weld procedure, and what changes affect welding characteristics and properties I might listen...Bonus point for explaining anything difficult such as electrode chemistry, affects of reactive and non-reactive gasses and their different mix ratios and advantages and disadvantages with each, stickout and contact tip/nozzle length ratios, as well as metal transfer modes and deposition rates and anything else you happen to know. And lets just stick with mild steel for now. We can get into stainless steels and aluminum alloys if you wish at a later time. GTAW, SMAW, SAW, and CAC if you so desire as well.

Otherwise STFU and listen to Blaine as he knows what he speaks. And so do I.

If you want to learn, listen up. Otherwise go pound sand and continue to be a wanna be welder.

Allen
Someone piss in your wheaties this morning?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #34668
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Someone piss in your wheaties this morning?
I can't tell if he's trying to have a dick measuring contest with us or just shouting at the wind because he doesn't understand it.

honestly, hey may be a nice guy, seems knowledgeable, although people who flex their nuts that big on the first post usually end up not knowing ****, so who knows.

what he doesn't get is almost everyone who posts in here knows each other, so when we BS each other, the others SHOULD know that its all a good time, kinda like virtual campfire BS... but if you walk up to a group of people who have no idea who you are and start ****-talking them, they aren't going to respond well.

Joe seems to know him, and possibly Blaine, so he is probably a good guy... it would be nice if his introduction was a little better than "hey **** you I'm smarter than you, you don't know ****, suck my balls" but what can ya do, its the intardnet.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #34669
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
did you find a trailer to use?
No. My boss is going to call AAA and see if they will tow it for free, otherwise, I will cal a tow truck.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #34670
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit

I can't tell if he's trying to have a dick measuring contest with us or just shouting at the wind because he doesn't understand it.

honestly, hey may be a nice guy, seems knowledgeable, although people who flex their nuts that big on the first post usually end up not knowing ****, so who knows.

what he doesn't get is almost everyone who posts in here knows each other, so when we BS each other, the others SHOULD know that its all a good time, kinda like virtual campfire BS... but if you walk up to a group of people who have no idea who you are and start ****-talking them, they aren't going to respond well.

Joe seems to know him, and possibly Blaine, so he is probably a good guy... it would be nice if his introduction was a little better than "hey **** you I'm smarter than you, you don't know ****, suck my balls" but what can ya do, its the intardnet.
I'm better than you at putting pipeline in the ground, that is all.
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #34671
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah bud your pipeline skills are better than some of your other skills
Somebody with a Jeep with the wrong headlights told us you can cook though

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #34672
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
my dad can beat up your dad!
Unread 10-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #34673
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm more impressed with your cooking and beer making skills BTW, we've already started planning for next years TDS and talking about your cooking skills. Of course, Todd could have lived off your Porter all weekend with no complaints
Unread 10-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #34674
Web Welder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have you ever laid on your back on a bunch of rocks and ants and had to do a trail weld with 3 batteries and only one chance?

Yes, upper control arm bracket on a friends ZJ. Rubicon trail July of 2000, and that repair lasted another year and a half. But I only used 2 batteries.

So no more welding advice now? Just personal attacks because I appear to threaten some little private hang out where you can all be "laid back"?

Listen, buying a little piss *** mig welder from Home Depot or CyberWeld does not make you a "welder".

For those that insist on making short little welds and using wet towels, you better brush up on your crater fills and tie ins...

Allen
27ab13d88010727cc10d8c9500733945.png

Web Welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #34675
Web Welder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Hi Allen! Long time - no hear.
Hi Joe!

Yes, long time.

There is a reason I generally detest the interweb, but every once in a while something catches my eye...
Web Welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #34676
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep

I'm more impressed with your cooking and beer making skills BTW, we've already started planning for next years TDS and talking about your cooking skills. Of course, Todd could have lived off your Porter all weekend with no complaints
I should be there, isn't it in February?
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #34677
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will be out there nov 16/17 for the charity poker run.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...wells-1646833/

anyone who wants to attend should.... that way you can see my whole jeep fold in half because I only welded 2" at a time on my home depot mig.
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #34678
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, this year it's February 28th-March 2nd. Gonna be strange running it in the Taco but more room to haul beer
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #34679
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

pretty stoked. Got the room mate situation locked in. Not particularly happy to be room mating but it saves me 800 a month, I get a HUGE garage space and permission to do whatever I want. Huge back yard for the dog and the room mate is pretty good on the eyes.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #34680
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet. Now just try not to sh** where you sleep ;-). I saw a motorcycle the other day with a plate that read "cgrtamr". Might that have been you?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.