San Diego Area - Page 2309 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #34621
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As a heads-up, IMO a better approach to build it is not by building a truss & 4 link before it goes under the Jeep. Instead, get the Jeep at ride height, then slide the axle under it centered/squared (with the stock stuff removed) figure out where to place the frame brackets according to link length & proper geometry and truss orientation, and coil bucket orientation and also place the axle attachment items on the axle while its in place and the links are the correct lengths & angles.

Then work on the shock placement & outboard stuff, antirock etc.

We do this type stuff frequently and this approach seems to work out very well with minimal rework.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #34622
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, essentially that is what I will do. My goal is to have a running DD (the bug). The Jeep gets parked (driven here and there) till its paid off. Get the rest of my debt paid off (maintain 2 jobs for about a year- year 1/2). Park Jeep. Rear axle out, fabricating begins.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #34623
BigD97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I need to replace my torn driver's side lower control arm mount on the axle. Any welder out there have time this weekend to help a brother out?

Open to terms & conditions
BigD97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #34624
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking like I'll be shortly moving out of my overpriced one bedroom apartment and doing a room mate situation with this cougar chic in a big ol house in La Mesa for less than 1/2 of what I'm paying now. Get a garage to. So get ready for some build threads.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #34625
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Looking like I'll be shortly moving out of my overpriced one bedroom apartment and doing a room mate situation with this cougar chic in a big ol house in La Mesa for less than 1/2 of what I'm paying now. Get a garage to. So get ready for some build threads.
If the ole Cougar lets ya She might just ride her boy to hard and put ya away wet .
Hope the garage and room mate thing works out for ya
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #34626
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Need to go Wheel'n

Just spent 24hrs over the last 2 1/2 days at an Estate and Tax conference. By 2:30 this afternoon my butt hurt some much from sitting and my brain wanted to explode. Now I really need to hit the trails, but won't have a weekend off for several more weeks.
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #34627
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

now you know why I flew home friday night just to have to go back sunday noon. Sat in a classroom for 9 hrs a day 5 days a week listening to lectures and having to take notes. Walked to my hotel and thats about all I did... HAD to come home to wheel on Saturdays.
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #34628
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

pulled my D30 today, welded on my Artec truss and swapped in some ACOS spacers to level the front of my rig.

I forgot how big of a PITA it is to put the axle back in by yourself.

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #34629
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

as easy as a phone call... I did front and rear by myself. And yes it's "fun". It's all technique. Ya look a little toe'd out there...
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #34630
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
as easy as a phone call... I did front and rear by myself. And yes it's "fun". It's all technique. Ya look a little toe'd out there...
I don't have your number...

called a few people, but nobody available.

and its probably the angle of the picture, although I did raise ride height about 1.25", but that will cause toe in with currie (haltenberger) steering.
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #34631
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

now you do......
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #34632
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

would of drove me nuts putting your front end back together. Whenever I re-assemble something I have to go through it with a fine tooth comb and make everything look new and perfectly torqued and greased. etc... Kinda like this. to this or this to this
Then again, the way I did it was a SERIOUS PITA, slow process and now it's all dirty and scratched up anyways...
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #34633
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
pulled my D30 today, welded on my Artec truss and swapped in some ACOS spacers to level the front of my rig.

I forgot how big of a PITA it is to put the axle back in by yourself.
Dirent you already have a truss in you HP30? I thought that you picked up Joes HP 30 with the truss that he made him self? How did you like the Artec truss, i should put one on my HP30.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #34634
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post

Didn't you already have a truss in you HP30? I thought that you picked up Joes HP 30 with the truss that he made him self?
Nope. His old trussed 30 is under my rig. Getting beaten out on the East coast.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #34635
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Dirent you already have a truss in you HP30? I thought that you picked up Joes HP 30 with the truss that he made him self? How did you like the Artec truss, i should put one on my HP30.
as chris said, Joe's HP 30 was setup for a YJ. I got everything inside of it, Chris got the housing.

I like the artec truss. it fit perfectly. however there is a boatload of welding to be done to it.

I have probably 3 hours of welding on it and it needs another 2 or 3 hours to be completely finished. I just ran out of time yesterday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.